TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

**USE "Add Photo" TOOL WHEN POSTING TRIP REPORTS**

Hey there Theme Park Review Members!

We love when you post photo trip reports to TPR, however, we STRONGLY recommend everyone use the "Add Photo" tool when posting instead of linking to other images.

This is why. Have a look at this once AWESOME photo trip report:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48478

Now it's filled with Red X's because the photos have been deleted from the location where they were once linked.

We wanted to put this report in our archive and feature it in the park index, but as you can see, we can't do that anymore.

If you upload your photos to TPR, it is a guarantee that your photos will be here as long as TPR is here! (Which we hope is a VERY long time!)

Hopefully for future trip reports everyone can use the photo attachment tool as we would love the opportunity to feature your trip report on Theme Park Review!

Thank you for your support!

--Robb

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Words to live by. I uploaded to Photobucket for the longest time until the dreaded red X's began to show where my pictures once stood. It really is better to upload directly to TPR, but just remember that the photos will show up in reverse order when uploading but go back when actually posting!

Another problem with Photobucket is bandwidth limit exceeded. My east coast trip report was featured on the front page of TPR for a day, but had to be taken down because all the views ate up my monthly bandwidth limit and the photos were replaced with this image. It doesn't take much to overload their server and cause it to freak out and block your images.

Someday I'll re-upload the entire trip report's photos to TPR, move all my photos, and delete my damn Photobucket account.

^ Sounds like you're going to kick the Bucket, huh?

I have an Image Shack account. Nice that it's free, but I'm sure the same problem would occur. And ditto for almost anything else (Picassa, SmugMug, etc.).

I've not posted many pictures here, but as long as Robb provides the space, why not use it?

Eric

I've not posted many pictures here, but as long as Robb provides the space, why not use it?

The only advantage I can see to linking to your pictures is more flexibility in how you display them. You can write paragraphs in between pictures, and space things however you see fit.

With uploading your pictures you're limited to pictures with captions in order.

I still think uploading is better, but there is a certain attraction to remote linking.

I still think uploading is better, but there is a certain attraction to remote linking.

Agreed. But if you can work within the confines of the forum limitations, the upside is that your trip report will be available for years.

Something you may all not be aware of, but just because your photo trip report may not get a high volume of views right away, if it's good enough, it will end up in the Photo TR Archive and could have thousands more views over time.

For example, have a look at THIS page of the archive. All those Photo TR's now have THOUSANDS of views. I can tell you they all didn't start out that way!

So remember this when you post a Photo TR. It may end up having a lot of longevity on TPR.

--Robb

Another thing you haven't mentioned Robb.....if you upload your photos to TPR using the correct procedure (size of image etc...) The pages load super quick! When people load photos from a Photobucket account or some other photo hosting site, they usually load large photos and the page takes forever to load! TPR's server must be a good one with a fast net connection, cause I wouldn't dream of using anything else for uploading!

I've seen some Photo TRs where the photos are the wrong way round. I have a couple of Photo TRs that I haven't posted yet because I don't want to get it wrong. Could somebody please clarify which order the photos should be posted in please??

Thanks,

Andrew

Another reason to use "Add Photo" tool... people who is at work can actually view the pictures! Sites like photobucket is blocked at my work so I see a period. The filter at my work replaces photobucket pictures with a period like this...

Oh look at that loop!

That waterslide ripped my shorts off.

Yeah, whoo! That dolphin show is TMI.

When you reply add them in the order you want them to show up in. (The first pictrure you upload will be on top and the last picture you upload will be on the bottom) what causes the confusion is if you preview your post it'll show the opposite (when you preview it'll show the first picture you up load on the bottom and the last picture you uploaded on top) but when you actually hit submit, the order of the pictures will show up in the order that you uploaded them.

Basicslly ignore what you see in the preview.

The only problem with the add photo tool I have is my camera takes pictures with larger dimensions than the tool allows. My photo edditing software doesn't let me resize either. Otherwise I would have posted my Stricker's PTR already, plus about 10,000 Diamondback shots...

^^Irfanview it's very easy to use, FREE, and a very small but powerful program that let's you edit and resize pictures.

If you want to resize multiple pictures at once, I know there's a image resizer Powertoy for Windows XP or this clone for Windows Vista, or it's available using Google's Picasa that's available for Windows and Mac (Mac and Linux dowload link at the bottom of the page).

And remember, Quality over Quantity!!