TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Has anyone rode Steel Force at Dorney Park recently?

The last time I was on Steel Force was in 2001 or 2002 and I remember the brake run severely slowing the ride down, destroying the airtime on the bunny hops at the end. I was disappointed because on previous trips (before the brakes killed the ride) I got some decent ejector air on those hills. Can anyone who has been on Steel Force recently let me know if the MCBR brakes still significantly slow the ride down. Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been quite a few discussions on this in a variety of TR's over the last few days. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on it. Search for the PTR's and see what the people had to say, I was quite surprised at all the varying thoughts on the ride. I actually like it, but have not ridden in 2 years......

Like Magnum, Steel Force also has an ejector row on the first car third row. It's definitely not as intense as Magnum's but it's still decent.

Thanks for letting me know that. I be sure to try it if I go to Dorney. Haven't decided between Dorney and Hershey yet.

I rode Steel Force last Tuesday, the MCBR isn't as strong as it was in past years (in 2005 it was bad, 2006 - now has been better). I get plenty of airtime in the front of the train and sometimes in the back of the train.

I am probably going tomorrow as well and will probably ride it (if I make it over to the ride side since I might just be going to WWK for an hour).

I rode Steel Force last Tuesday, the MCBR isn't as strong as it was in past years (in 2005 it was bad, 2006 - now has been better). I get plenty of airtime in the front of the train and sometimes in the back of the train.

I am probably going tomorrow as well and will probably ride it (if I make it over to the ride side since I might just be going to WWK for an hour).

If you do make it on let me know how the MCBR is this year. If not, see if you can see how much it slow it down by watching the ride. Thanks.

In my opinion, the brake doesn't ruin the ride (like the one on the Hershey Comet does), it just makes it not equal to Magnum. I always ride the front or back though. On the other hand, those people who think that Magnum is TOO forceful (yes, there are some, it must depend on your body shape) should love Steel Force.

The brake wasn't on too bad today. In the last row I got air time only on the return hills but it was ejector type air. Then I rode the 3rd row of the 1st car and got more floater type airtime on the first few hills and return hills.

I rode it for the first time today and liked it. I was in the second car and did get some floater airtime. Nothing like Magnum (which is brutal but that I loved very much).

The brakes don't kill it but it could be much more better.

Edit: I rode it in the back today (something I didn't do yesturday) and IT IS AMAZING. I've been on some (NOT MANY but some) good rides and I was impressed by Steel Force. In the back is where it's at...