TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How many times the same ride in a day ?

The most I've done in 1 Day is on Diamondback, Rode it 20 Times in 1 Day, 17 Of which in a 2 Hour Period during ERT. It was amazing, half the time I never left the station. We would get back into the station, and get off but than we'd all try to find open seats and try to reride as much as possible. I went 8 Rides without leaving the station. On the ride we would look back the whole time, close our eyes, and do other neat stuff. And on 3 of those rides, the 'clamshell' was over 5 Inches from me, the airtime was incredible!

But besides Diamondback, I've lapped Millennium Force 18 Times at Coaster Mania Last Year, and Son of Beast 14 Times back in August 2007.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A group consisting of me, and three good buddies, decided to break the record on Congo Falls at Kings Island. The previous record was 76. After riding from noon (when the ride opened) to about 9pm, we achieved 90 rides. I would not recommend choosing a water ride to set a record. Sure it's all fine and all during the day, but once the sun goes down, the fun stops. Cold and wet really makes you lose your will power.

Recently I was able to ride Behemoth about 7 times in a day, mostly all in the front.

I would normally never do that, but because the line never lasted more than 15min, we didn't care. I much rather spread my time throughout the entire park and ride all the rides.

Voyage like 20 or so times? I lost count...

I ended that streak (this years Holiwood Nights) with 3 straight back seat rides on friday night. Last 3 rides of the night and then we got kicked outa the park to go sleep for day 2. It was already at Defcon 4 mode...prolly wasnt the wisest choice for sure. I hurt getting back to the hotel.

Coaster: Right before I left for college, I rode the Orient Express (WOF) 10 times in a row, knowing I wouldnt get back to ride it again.

Flat ride: Around 1981-82, there was this fkat ride that Royal American Shows was bandying about called the Boomerang, which in a nutshell, spun 4 cars in a circle while connected to a turntable, then at some point, probably determined by the ride op (or not..never knew), a car would detach from the full-speed turntable, veer into this strobed-out tunnel and the car woudl spin insanely through a C-shaped tunnel back to the platform.

No one was keen on riding it so I said "why not". After 6 times in a row, the ride op said that i could ride as much as I wanted since my girlfriend's horror-movie screaming was attracting business. I rode it 21 times that day...and never again

Scott

I'm into riding roller coasters a bunch of times.

I went to Knotts Berry Farm and rode several different things I couple of times.

Wouldn't really consider these roller coasters:

Perilous Plunge: rode 12 times straight, around 14 total for the day [for the straight part--being that it was night probably had something to do with it].

Supreme Scream: At least 10 times. I didn't keep track

Rollercoasters - Boomerang: 10+ times

I can't say this for Six Flags MM though. The max I have ridden a given ride is 3 times before moving on to another ride. I make a complete circuit around the park whenever I go.

I rode X at SFMM 28 times in one day, and 42 times that weekend. It was the very last weekend of X, before the upgrade to X2. X had three small breakdowns that day, or I would have had a few more rides. It was my first time at SFMM.

I only managed 7 rides at West Coast Bash this year. X2 was down due to high winds for about half the day. I hope to be back for the next West Coast Bash. With a little luck, maybe I can get more then 28 rides on X2.

I just got back from Canobie Lake Park and I probably rode Yankee Cannonball close to 30 times... in the 4 hours I was there. I started the night (6pm) with 5 rides on Yankee, hit up most of the flats (Canobie has some GREAT flats), got another 5ish rides on Yankee. Grabbed some food, rode the frisby 3 times, then went back to Yankee for the rest of the night. So I got about 20 laps in the last 1 1/2. Luckily, the park completely cleared out after 6... right when I got there.

Being one of the lucky few who got to participate in the Ravine Flyer II B-Roll shoot last year, I got to ride Ravine Flyer II 52 times in one day. Anyone else who was there and rode every circuit got the same number of rides. The only time I got off the train was after about ride 30 when they brought us some Applebees for lunch.

I also got to participate in the video shoot for Kentucky Rumbler back in 2006. I don't remember exactly, but I'm sure it was at least 30 rides. There were people there that day who got many more rides than me.

It was a similar number At the Maverick Media Day. About 30+/-. Again, there were people that day who got more rides than me.

Those were probably my three top numbers for a single day's riding.

In one day, 32 runs on Big Dipper at Camden Park, 28 of those on consecutive trains. Absolutely no crowd, and after driving ALL the way there, might as well make the best of it!

• 4 weeks later...