TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How many times the same ride in a day ?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really the sort of person to constantly ride something over and over again, I just find it eventually too boring after a while. However I once decided to do a Stealth Marathon at Thorpe in the early days when it had the single rider queue, and racked up about 20 rides in only a 2-3hr period, Basiclly no one was really using the single rider queue that day so I took advantage of it, I think I even managed at least every other coaster that day at least once or twice, so it turned into a pretty good day.

And this was totally insane, but on an ECC trip to Thorpe Park, we had an ERS on Colossus, and everyone was invited to do the "Chunder Challenge" it was basiclly to see how rides in a row you could handle on Colossus without pretty much getting off because we could pretty much stay in our seats the entire time(you could swap seats if you wanted) the result was about 15 rides in 1hr, and OMG it really was the most insane thing I've ever done, Colossus isnt the easiest coaster to just "stay on" for multiple rides lemme tell ya because after even 5-6 rides in a row, you really feel like you wanna throw up, I did manage it(JUST) but most members did actually give up after a while, and it was probably me with about half a train that lasted offically till the end, kinda fun but never again though

I rode Hellcat at Timberfalls Adventure Theme Park ( 30 ) times in one day this year. This was physically demanding. I had bruises days after riding it. I don't think I will ever do this again. The ( 5 ) times you get to ride it with their current bracelet deal is sufficient enough in my opinion.

I rode Zippin Pippin ( 27 ) times in a two day period. If anybody was ever trying a marathon I could see somebody easily riding Zippin Pippin ( 100 ) times without it being too physically demanding. The ride is pretty smooth except for the brief zero G spot.

I rode Cyclops ( 27 ) times over two consecutive days. This too was physically demanding for me as I went yesterday and have a stiff neck.

All of the above mentioned rollercoasters could easily be targeted if somebody has some sort of reason or motivation to ride a roller coaster an obscene amount of times in one day. Hellcat during non-peak days/hours has nearly no traffic. Zippin Pippin is the same. If you really want to break your own personal records Cyclops should be hit on a Friday in September when traffic is very slow.

I never counted but I'm certain Ive done the Sea Serpent (boomerang) @ Morey's at least 20+ times in a day as a kid. Quite possibly more. This was in the late 80s/early 90s when they had bracelets for all day riding that you didnt have to scan upon entry for each ride. The ops would let us sit on the train all afternoon.

Other than this I can add ^

SROS (SFA) 12x in one day, earlier this month

Jokers Jinx 6x in one day, same day as ROS

and I have done

Nitro 5x in one day - back to back rides, the last 3 without getting out of my seat

El Toro 4x in one day - the last 3 were consecutive

I think I could do like an all day marathon on either of those ^, I just don't get sick of them.

• 1 month later...
One time I lost a bet nd I had to ride Mean Streak 10 times in a row (and this was before the retracking mind you)

That is the best punishment I've heard. I've never been on Mean Streak but I've heard it's really bad.

I rode Renegade 17 times in a row without getting up. That's my record...

My first year of GKTW, I ended up getting around 56 or so laps on Behemoth. That's currently my record for number of rides in a day. Following close behind was the 35 I got on Leviathan during Leviathan Bash 2012 (hurray ERT!)

In terms of ERT sessions, the rides I managed to ride the most have been Viper (SFGAm), Maverick and Millennium Force. I lost track of how many times I rode Viper and Maverick. We just kind of sat down and didn't get up for the entire session. Millennium Force was around 15 or so rides.

• 2 months later...

I rode Goliath at SFMM 32 times in one day, and this was back when the mid-course break wasn't on at all (which made the helix even more potent than it is now), and needless to say I was pretty dizzy for a while after that marathon. And in the summer of 13' I rode Skyrush 20 times in one day, and yes, my legs were pretty sore by the time I left the park.

• 2 months later...

I rode Bizarro at SFNE 14 times in a row before I had to get off because my thighs were getting sore fro the ejector air. Five minute lines on everything allday.

Other situations:

Kumba 8 times in a row without getting off (we went on a rainy day that ended up clearing up, the ark was empty)

Boulder Dash 12 times in one day

Maverick, MF, TTD 10 times each. Fast Lane was a blessing

I'm one of those people where if I didn't have a job, etc., I could gladly ride on a steel coaster for over a month straight in one of those wacky radio station promotions, and it's unlikely I'd ever get tired of riding.

I'm one of those people where if I didn't have a job, etc., I could gladly ride on a steel coaster for over a month straight in one of those wacky radio station promotions, and it's unlikely I'd ever get tired of riding.

Even the one in your profile picture? Wow do you have a build-in shock absorber or something?