TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How many times the same ride in a day ?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyliner, Lakemont Park -- 73 times (most of the day, break in the middle for lunch)

It was back in 1999. The ride ops that day were fantastic, re-rides going on all day. Sometimes they would let the entire train go through the station WITHOUT USING THE STATION BREAKS. Not sure how safe that was, but it was crazy fun. I was with a group of about 25-30 people that day and the park was pretty empty.

it's been a while since i did these.

SFMM Viper 57 times in I think 4 hours. Only got off once to pee. Had to leave otherwise it would have been more. Doubt I could do 3 today on Viper.

SFMM Batman I want to say 40-50, I think it was when Superman opened and they had some rides open during a pass holder preview.

Canyon Blaster at Circus Circus, 50, this one I totally remember the count.

Haven't done anything near that recently. Maybe did xcelerator 10-12 times during WCB.

Lex Luthor Drop of Doom I've done 10+ before.

I used to take a senior citizens bus to ca/nv border and ride desperado all day. can't remember how many times but it was a good 6-7 hours I think, minus a lunch. but they wait for enough riders so a lot of down time.

I rode Kentucky Rumbler 15 times during an ERT session and El Toro 13 times in a day this past summer. I don't recall ever doing more than that on a coaster, and if I did it was probably when I was really young and used to ride Jaguar at Knott's & Freeway Coaster at Adventure City over and over. In general, I'm not a huge fan of marathon riding, and outside of ERT sessions it's rare that I'll ride a coaster more than twice in a day unless it is a top tier coaster with a 10 minute wait or less.

Skyliner, Lakemont Park -- 73 times (most of the day, break in the middle for lunch)

It was back in 1999. The ride ops that day were fantastic, re-rides going on all day. Sometimes they would let the entire train go through the station WITHOUT USING THE STATION BREAKS. Not sure how safe that was, but it was crazy fun. I was with a group of about 25-30 people that day and the park was pretty empty.

^Lucky! I love that ride. A friend and I were there in 2011 and rode the heck outta Skyliner, but not that much!

I rode the Americana Screechin' Eagle 64 times in one day. I was about 15, and couldn't get enough of the ride; I was visiting my aunt in Cinci and she dropped me off at the park for the day. Kings Island was down the road but this was better than anything they had (except a brakeless ride on the Beast, which was rare even in 1989).

I limped out of the park that day with bruises on my thighs from hitting the lap bar. It was heaven!

886565603_screechineagle.jpg.57b7b4818bd7b34ceb27b78086853424.jpg

I never counted but I'm certain Ive done the Sea Serpent (boomerang) @ Morey's at least 20+ times in a day as a kid. Quite possibly more. This was in the late 80s/early 90s when they had bracelets for all day riding that you didnt have to scan upon entry for each ride. The ops would let us sit on the train all afternoon.

I normally jump around when I visit parks so throughout the course of the day I rarely ride anything more than a few times. During Coasting for Kids last year though we rode Steel Force 30 times without getting off... we tried that later on with Talon and Hydra but needed to stop for awhile on those. We could have rode Steel Force all day since the drawn out lift hill is a nice break between rides and the ride itself doesn't do anything.

Normally, I don't have time for re-rides because 1) my family gets bored of coasters after a certain point in the day and 2) there are usually large crowds. There have been exceptions, however.

-Was able to marathon CGA's Grizzly for about 10 laps on a Saturday in May once. That was quite a pleasant surprise; sure, it's not the best woodie in the world (or even the park), but I've found it quite re-rideable.

-SCBB's coasters tend to be easy to re-ride...or at least they were when I went on a Wednesday during the last part of the school year. Undertow had a line of 5 minutes or so, and the op told me that "..this is the busiest it's been all week!" Unfortunately, some of my friends required a break from the Giant Dipper after several rides of insane laterals and airtime, but I still got in 5 Dipper rides that day! Ka-ching

-Gilroy Gardens...nice park for young families. And the best part? It's virtually deserted! Got 5 consecutive rides on the mine train (Quicksilver Express) with some surprising air.

I am the kind of guy when I get to a park and find a ride that I really enjoy I will ride it over and over and over because I never know if I will get the opportunity to ride them again in the future.

I agree with this 100%

My personal bests

Banshee 12 times in one day 8 in a row.

I-305, 6 times in a row about 10 in one day.

Ravine Flyer II 26 times in a row. 29 the whole day.

Not counting ERT sessions, the most rides I ever got in a row was 38 on the Silver Comet at Martin's Fantasy Island one opening day in the rain. The hydroplaning on the lower trackage produced the best rides we ever had on that particular ride. That swoop turn before those last bunny hops was intense. Ah, good times never to be repeated.