TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How many times the same ride in a day ?

People look at me like I'm crazy for having over 100 total laps on Gold Striker...actually, when I hit my 100th lap on GS (I completely nerded out and made a sign for my 100th...see avatar), everyone pretty much treated me like a celebrity...some wanted to take photos with me and my sign

I've been keeping tabs on laps as you can see in my signature.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my most recent trip to Cedar Point in June, I got 5 rides on Millenium Force during Early Ride time. Not a ton, but more than most people ever get in one day! It was awesome!!!

That is impressive for the ride.

On a similar note, I got 3 rides of Kingda Ka in a day. That was like a miracle, and all were under 30 minutes, (two under 5!!) thank you cool, rainy day.

On my most recent trip to Cedar Point in June, I got 5 rides on Millenium Force during Early Ride time. Not a ton, but more than most people ever get in one day! It was awesome!!!

On a similar note, I got 3 rides of Kingda Ka in a day. That was like a miracle, and all were under 30 minutes, (two under 5!!) thank you cool, rainy day.

Last summer during our day at SFGAdv with TPR, I think we got about 7 rides on KK. One was even a rollback!

Last summer during our day at SFGAdv with TPR, I think we got about 7 rides on KK. One was even a rollback!

Dude, that rollback was so killer. Love how the camera system took a picture on the way back (bought it too).

• 1 month later...

Great White at SeaWorld San Antonio 70 times in a day (350 inversions).

Steel Eel at Seaworld 29 times in a day.

Old Rattler at SFFT 56 times in a day. When it opened I rode it 26 times the very first day.

Superman Tower Of Power at SFOT 14 times in 1 1/2 hours.

Viper at SFAW 15 times in a row in a day.

Super Shot drop ride at a local fair 25 times in a day.

Iron Rattler at SFFT 15 times in a row in 6 hours.

If I really like a coaster and it's at a park I don't visit often I'll try to ride it 3-5 times, unless if there's minimal wait due to ERT or lack of crowds, in which case I'll try for more. I think the most I ever did in a day was 25x on Silver Bullet (yeah, Silver Bullet. It was media day, I think). My highest total ride count is probably either on Xcelerator or Goliath, at about 100x.

My least pleasant marathon was 10x on Megaton at Mitsui Greenland in order to get my name on a stick and on their website. I probably should've shot for the 15x for the picture, but after 5x I started to get sick of it.

And as a result of TPR trip ERT, I've also gotten a lot of rides in on great coasters like El Toro, Phoenix, Thunderhead, Boulderdash, Maverick and Colossos (each time was about 10-20 rides, I think).

Other then ERT I once did Stealth at Thorpe Park 56 times in a day in September 2010. The park was totally dead and the single rider line back then was a big help since its near the exit, sometimes they would even leave the gate open where the baggage claim is

Not a record breaking marathon but given the circumstances remarkable, i managed 10 times total on Blue and Red sides of American Eagle. As you probably know its a hike to AE and having the same path for entering and exiting means an equal distance to and fro of about half a mile. The ride just struck a chord with me as the ride I enjoyed the most that day which justified spending an hour on the ride. During the many laps I saw most people hop the bars to save time. I refrained from doing this as its against park rules and I didn't mind the walks to much.

image.thumb.jpg.b189b2f4806777146bebb419c2983119.jpg

Yeah it's a bit out of the way very RCT pathing

image.jpg.8d3af0f3d3c406c74dcc3139f7e157fd.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.9881962e5aa8b93b9fb7d2703285f860.jpg

That's a sweet sight for me

• 11 months later...