TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A question on Thorpe Park

Hi!

I'm gonna stay in London for about 5 days as of the 1st of July, and I was thinking of going to Thorpe Park one of those days (if weather permits).

It may not happen, but if I go I'd like to be prepared about a few things.

When I looked on their site for entrance costs, it said £35. Seems a bit much. But I didn't see any ride prices so I'm guessing that those are included in the entrance fee. Am I right about this?

The other thing is transportation from Waterloo to Staines and the Shuttle link to the park. What kind of transportation ticket should I ask for?

Thanks!

/Edward

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'd say you'd be better off going to Staines station (from which there's a shuttle bus - '950' - directly outside the front to the park). There are several trains an hour from London Waterloo (the train also passes through Clapham Junction which may help you depending on where you are staying in London). Just get a return ticket to Staines at Waterloo station (or you could possibly book online here and then you pay the bus driver for your shuttle bus ticket - which costs something like £3 or £3.50 (?) for a return - can't quite recall the price.

Details on travel : here.

If you book online the ticket price drops to £28... Those really are the prices! UK-style! You're absolutely right that once you pay for entry, all the rides are included.

When I looked on their site for entrance costs, it said £35. Seems a bit much. But I didn't see any ride prices so I'm guessing that those are included in the entrance fee. Am I right about this?

Yes, the entrance fee includes all rides. There are lots of half price or 2-for-1 entry vouchers available for the park making it much more affordable. If you're going Monday to Friday before 31st July, there's one voucher available here - be careful though, it's a silly movie promotion website and you might prefer not to give them real email addresses!

The other thing is transportation from Waterloo to Staines and the Shuttle link to the park. What kind of transportation ticket should I ask for?

At Waterloo just ask for a return ticket to Staines. At Staines you need to pay for the shuttle as you get on - it's pretty easy to find and has a sign saying "Thorpe Park shuttle" on the front. If you're in a group then a taxi might be easier and no more expensive - there are usually plenty of taxis waiting outside the station with "we'll take you to Thorpe Park too" signs outside!

a taxi is way better, (i think)

we take the thorpe park bus, and they let so many people in that buss, it was soo warm en very very very lots of people in one bus.

and another tip:

BUY FASTCARDS !!!

the queline's in thorpe park are so long...

only the nemesis line is "okee"

Last time I was at London, I think around the beginning of June, Burger King was offering 50% off tickets to Alton Towers, Lego Land, Thorpe Park, and other attractions only if you buy an adult meal.

And the round trip bus tickets for the park is 3 pounds.

Also you might want to consider going to Lego Land because the Burger King discount covers that too. It took me 2 hours to get there from Gloucester Road.

Also note that getting to the park from Waterloo takes about a hour and twenty or thirty minutes.