TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best time to visit Cedar Point this summer?

New to the forums and excited to be here. I'm a big theme park/roller coaster fan, so I look forward to interacting with all of you on here, reading trip reports, etc.

I'm planning a trip to Cedar Point sometime this summer and wanted your insight on when would be the best time to go in terms of crowds, lines, and rides open? July or August? Which day of the week (since I assume not a weekend)?

Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend a Tuesday or Wednesday, if you can make that work... I strongly advise on NOT going on a Saturday, especially in July or August. I was flat out stunned at how many folks arrived those days... It would be hard to get more than just a handful of rides.

I've had really good luck with Halloweekends, especially the Friday evening sessions.

This info won't help you this year, but perhaps in the future... The first few weeks in May, during the week was definitely the least crowded days when I worked there for a couple years.

For future reference, try to go BEFORE July and August roll around. Last year I made the mistake of waiting a bit too long, went the end of June, and waited at least 30 minutes for practically everything, while the major rides were good 90-150 minute waits.

To answer your question, I'd say sometime in the middle of the week. Either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I'd suggest looking on their website at the calender to make sure nothing is going on the day you plan on going (i.e. Girl Scout Day, etc.), or it'll be extra crowded.

Thanks for the advice, all. I'll see what I can do.

I've never been there before so I definitely want to check out the rides. Unfortunately, my host has school during September, so that is not a viable option.

Will likely try for a weekday in late-August. Just have to get there at opening.

What rides should I go on first, when the park is least crowded? Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster I'm guessing....

Agreed with majority, last week of august. and really the lines are so small that it really doesn't matter. just DON'T do Raptor first. When I first went I thought to myself "darn, am I going to get on everything?" but it's just that everyone goes there first.

My trips during the last week of august were in 2003 05 and 06. I haven't been there since. And I got 3-4 rides on all the "big" rides and even left a few hours before closing.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been to the park several times before. Always making the trip around my bday in mid June. Im visiting the park aug 16, 17 hoping that most will be done with vacations and will be back in school. Do any of you have experiences going mid to late august?