TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

North NJ Park & Pier Question?

Sometime next week on my day off from work I plan to make a credit run up in North Jersey. I plan on driving about 1 HR & 40 min to Bowcraft Amusement Park first, then about 50 minutes to Keansburg Amusement Park, & finally about 40 minutes to Jenkinson's Boardwalk. Each of these parks has 2 coasters. One big one & one kiddie. Being the credit whore that I am I want to ride all 6 credits to get me up to 229. I plan on doing this because on the West Coast trip we are riding at least 64 coasters. I hope to hit 300 on that trip & I need 13 credits before the trip to make it happen. 223+13=236+64=300. I am getting the other 7 credits on my day off after that by going to Ocean City, MD & I am pretty sure I can ride the kiddies there. I just would just like to make sure if I can definitely ride the kiddies at Bowcraft, Keansburg, & Jenkinson's so I don't waist my time driving all the way up there. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you can get all the credits (7 like you said) at OCMD besides the Super Jet at Trimpers. The Flitzer is definitely attainable at Jenkinsons, unless of course there are no trains on the track like there was when I went in April . And the other coaster at Jenkinsons isn't a credit, so don't worry about it I haven't been to the other two parks.

Big Mike might be the guy to talk to about this.

BTW, good luck on your quest to 300.

I was thinking about asking him

Thanks guys. I will hopefully make the credit run to North NJ early next week & OCMD the following week. I will film & take pics of my trip & post it in my thread.

I live Hazlet, as you can tell. But you may not know is that it's the town right NEXT to Keansburg. I personally haven't had a problem getting on Sea Serpent (I don't try often since.. well it's a kiddy) But I have heard some people getting denied. So if you go early and get denied, and then go to Jenkinsons. Just return to Keansburg, you probably won't get denied again. I could give you traffic advice, but it would be more helpful if i were there personally since the roads are "my" roads, I know them in and out..

I have yet to get denied on any NJ kid ride. But if you do. Here's another tip. You probably don't have the new kiddy coaster yet. It's in Sea Isle City, just opened this weekend. So you can always go there. I personally will probably wait for next year, and hit it on my way down to Wildwood for the new woodie.

I will film & take pics of my trip & post it in my thread.

Hint! Hint! The Park Index needs Bowcraft ride photos. Some of the flats are quite good and the pizza there is excellent. In my book only Delgrosso's has better amusement park pizza than Bowcraft.

Wow. I haven't been to Bowcraft in a long, long time (was a little kid), but remember it being fun.

To the original poster, your best option would to just call each of the parks beforehand and ask their policy. This way you can have a reference when you go to the park and they deny you.

I didn't know the pizza was so solid at Bowcraft - it's been a while as I said. Do they have all the typical amusement park food there besides the pizza?

I'd advise taking Route 35 from Keansburg to Point if you're not in a rush. It takes a while and is kinda not-scenic until you get to Belmar, but from there down its a nice leisurely drive a block or two from the beach.

Otherwise, the GSP is probably your only bet if you're not familiar with the backroads.

I will film & take pics of my trip & post it in my thread.

Hint! Hint! The Park Index needs Bowcraft ride photos. Some of the flats are quite good and the pizza there is excellent. In my book only Delgrosso's has better amusement park pizza than Bowcraft.

I guess I know what park I am spending the most time at & eating lunch! So is Bowcraft one of those fun little parks like Idlewild where you just do everything!?

I personally would not expect a lot from Bowcraft, but you can get both credits there.

I also had no problems with any of the other credits you mentioned.

If my memory is correct, Bowcraft went to a pay one price policy a few years back and even though I paid it, I still could not find anything interesting to ride other than the coasters. Most of the rides are your standard everyday carnival rides.

Have fun dude!!!

Peace, Big Mike

Here's another tip. You probably don't have the new kiddy coaster yet. It's in Sea Isle City, just opened this weekend. So you can always go there. I personally will probably wait for next year, and hit it on my way down to Wildwood for the new woodie.

Where did you find out that the Sea Isle coaster opened? I can't find a website for it and RCDB lists it as "under construction". We'll be in that area next weekend so if it's open and adults can ride, we'd definitely be interested in stopping by.

^There were an article in the Atlantic City Press last Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I know I got a Google news alert about it.

It is wasn't a kiddie coaster I would have linked the article on TPR.

Also, if you go to Gillians' website (they don't have a website for Gillians FUnland. In the side bar it said "Gillian's Funland openeing this weekend" now it says that the park is open. I'm just assuming that means the coaster is open also.

Also, since Keansburg is just a 2 turns down the road away from me, tell me which day your going and around what time and I'll hang around the park to meet up with someone for a minute or two. I'm rather bored right now. Haven't been to the park this year yet either, might just get some double-shottage (which gives you two rides, not one like most double shots) on while I'm there.

I'd advise taking Route 35 from Keansburg to Point if you're not in a rush. It takes a while and is kinda not-scenic until you get to Belmar, but from there down its a nice leisurely drive a block or two from the beach.

Otherwise, the GSP is probably your only bet if you're not familiar with the backroads.

I'd advise NOT to do that. There isn't really anything to see that I can think of. I haven't really traveled down on it past Monmouth Mall but if it gets better. Then I'd say to take the parkway down to the Mall Exit which i believe is 108. Then catch up with route 35. The best part about it, is that from Exit 114 (where he'd get on) traveling south to that exit, you don't have to pay any tolls. Only if you are travelling north do you have a 70 cent toll.

The only thing cool about traveling down 35 from Keansburg to Red Bank is that if you've seen the movie Clerks 2, the opening scene shows every fast food restaurant nearly in order. I just thought that might be interesting to know for some.