TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Need advice on Knoebels food

I am finally visiting Knoebels for the first time in August and look forward to it immensely. I have seen and heard about all of the must-rides and know what rides to make sure I go on at least once while I'm there. My question is about what to eat. I am aware that Knoebels has won the Golden Ticket award for best park food for the past 7 years, so I know I will enjoy whatever I eat there. I have viewed the menu on their website and have seen a lot of meals that sound delicious. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try it all, as I'm only going to be able to eat two or three meals there. For all who have been to Knoebels, can you give me advice on which foods are the best of the best? Thanks in advance!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you only have one meal there, get the pizza at Cesari's--some of the best I've ever had. Right up there with Holiday World as far as theme park pizza.

Other good stuff there includes the pierogies and the deep-fried brownies. I posted photos and reviews of most of the food I had there in my TR last summer:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46028

The food there is good anywhere in the park and cheap too!

I bought a STEAK dinner (Steak, fries, texas toast and coleslaw) for only $10 and it was high quality food and the best food I have ever had in a Amusement Park. However they only sell this on Tuesdays I think and only at the food place near Phoenix.

As Printersdevil said Cesari's pizza is extremely good aswell and the Alamo restaurant is good too, basically anywhere you eat at Knoebels you can expect high quality food that is cheap and taste's great!

All of it.

But on the real, Cesari's is a must, as is the international food court and the other large food place (I forget the name) right by Phoenix and the log flume. If you're looking for ice cream/milk shakes, Old Mill is the place to go for that.

I've eaten at International Food Court, Cesari's, and The Alamo, and it was all good and cheap. I wouldn't recommend the crab cakes or Brocoli Pizza, but have enjoyed just about everything else. The Fried Alligator at the International Food Court was good and unique. I've never heard of the fried cheese on a stick before this thread haha, but I guess it comes highly recommended.

http://www.knoebels.com/food.asp

Just so much stuff!

Like the others have said Cesari's is the best pizza in any park.

I don't know about. Delgrossos' Pizza is very, very good. I'd say it definitely beats Knoebels'. If I'm anywhere close to Delgrossos, I'll make sure to go out of my way to get a pizza from there.

jbarner14 - I agree 100% with your pizza assessment. DelGrossos > Knoebels. My problem with Knoebels' pizza is that sometimes it is not cooked long enough.

Like the others have said Cesari's is the best pizza in any park.

I don't know about. Delgrossos' Pizza is very, very good. I'd say it definitely beats Knoebels'. If I'm anywhere close to Delgrossos, I'll make sure to go out of my way to get a pizza from there.

Cesari's pizza is good for park pizza but there are places in northeast pa that put it to shame. As for other places to eat, the international food court has some really interesting food like the bison burger which is pretty good. There are some good deserts, like an apple pie roll type of thing and fried brownies. Also the oasis usually has an all-you-can-eat featuring something different every night of the week.

jbarner14 - I agree 100% with your pizza assessment. DelGrossos > Knoebels. My problem with Knoebels' pizza is that sometimes it is not cooked long enough.

Same, but I've never been to DelGrossos. When I had it last year I didn't think it was to spetacular. Another thing: they only sell the basic pizza flavors on the weekend. During the week, the other flavors sound good.

Also, fried cheese on a stick? Isn't that basically a mozzarella stick with a stick?

Also, fried cheese on a stick? Isn't that basically a mozzarella stick with a stick?

Imagine a corn dog, but with mozzarella cheese instead of the hot dog. I know it is available at the Totem Treats food stand, not sure where else it is sold.

Cesari's is certainly the best park pizza I've had but not the best pizza I've had in general. The one thing bugs me about their pizza is that it tastes different everytime we get it lol. Some days, the crust seems to be really crispy and brown...other days it's not. Some days they seem to put more sauce on it, some days they hardly put any cheese. I like consistant taste with my pizza LOL.

Overall though Knoebels has great food. Like ctriceman said, their bison burgers are really good and the international food court has some good stuff. The Oasis has good food; they feature different kinds of dinners each night. Their funnell cakes are to die for. And my personal favorite...tri-tators; 3 for a buck \m/

When I went to the park last year I ate at the Alamo. I couldn't believe the prices for a sitdown restaurant. It was cheap for a restaurant let alone one in a park. $3.25 for a tuna salad sandwich with chips. I regret not trying anything in the International Food Court or Cesari's.

I know it sounds healthy and it sounds like the complete opposite of what you would want at a park, but the salads at the international food court are the most amazing thing in the world. I would say that they are the best value food in the park. For six bucks you get what feels like five pounds of food and a real "American" salad. The salads are loaded with bacon, chicken/turkey/ham, cheese, pasta, and the most amazing piece of garlic bread you will ever eat. I would recommend the CBC or pasta club salad. Do yourself a favor and get the salad at least one time. You will not regret it.

FUNNEL CAKES! FUNNEL CAKES! FUNNEL CAKES! Don't forget the funnel cakes! also, over near down draft is a stand that sells beleenies! AKA Potato Pancakes. Delish! Sometimes you can get a shrimp basket for under 10 bucks at the international food court and you get A LOT of food. The food court also has daily specials so check them out. Finish it all off with Ice Cream at the Old Mill.