TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Beech Bend Discussion Thread

When I was there last year, they did not have free soft drinks, but they did have free parking and free sunscreen. That may be different this year. The cheapest tickets are either their sundown ticket, which is I believe 5PM or later, or if you join Club TPR, you can get in all day for the sundown ticket price, which is $10 off the regular rate.

Just doing some research on an upcoming trip and read online that this park has free soft drinks. Is this still the case? Also where can I find the cheapest place for tickets. Any help is appreciated!

Beech Bend does not have Free Soft drinks, they used to but it was discontinued in 2012. Instead they sell a souvenir cup (the same size that Six Flags uses) for $7 with the first fill free, and refills are $1.

The cheapest tickets are for Friday Night Lights. You can get in the park for only $15 from 5:00-9:30 on any Friday till August, or come on a Tuesday in June and tickets are buy one get one free. These are both at the parks ticket booth with no coupon required.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just doing some more research and switched some things around and found out that I will be visiting the park on a Saturday. I've never been and would really just like to know how long lines get on a saturday in July. With one train, does rumbler ever have a line over 15 min? The awesome people on this site have made this trip so much easier to plan! Thanks so much.

I am going on Tuesday the 19th and would like to know what kind of crowds to expect. I'm hoping to marathon Tumbler since I love GCI coasters and have heard many wonderful things about it. With it only having one train the crowd situation is crucial. Any help is appreciated.

I am going on Tuesday the 19th and would like to know what kind of crowds to expect. I'm hoping to marathon Tumbler since I love GCI coasters and have heard many wonderful things about it. With it only having one train the crowd situation is crucial. Any help is appreciated.

If you have your date planned out, then I don't know what we are supposed to do. It probably won't be busy at all unless there's a company picnic or huge outing.

And say a prayer for the kids Michael Jackson touched over by his memorial Pirate Ship. And go on the Scat. And drive your car onto the drag strip and start gunning it while telling yourself "jail isn't real."

Seconded all three of the above posts. Plus, they have America's only saucer slide this year. Kentucky Rumbler is definitely the best ride there, but I would definitely recommend at least taking a cursory pass through the rest of the park as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys... write up from my first ever Trip to the park last Tuesday.

We got to the park at about 3. Obviously wasn't crowded at all and most of the people that were there were in the waterpark. We went straight to Kentucky Rumbler and rode it twice.

After that we went through the rest of the park riding the new family coaster Spinning Out, the car ride, drop tower, log flume, Wild Mouse, Vortex, and the dark ride.

It was so hot that we just had to go to the waterpark. The waterpark is very nice for what it is! The new complex is great!

We ended the night with two rides on Rumbler, including the final train of the night in the front seat.

In conclusion, great little park with a lot of charm! Definitely worth a few hours if you are in the area. The employees were all very nice too!

Reviews of some of the rides:

Rumbler: Great GCI woodie! Some rough spots but smoother than Thunderhead which we had ridden the day before. Very re-rideable!

Dark Ride: We rode it right after it had reopened from being broken down. The lights were on in the ride (which I assume isn't normal) so it kinda took away from the experience. The animatronics worked surprisingly well.

Spinning Out: Very fun little family/Junior coaster! Great for a park like Beech Bend!

Wild Mouse: It sucked.

Thanks Beech Bend for a fun evening!

20160719_191001.thumb.jpg.55ba62854b9d9142a878be7b42099772.jpg

20160719_192002.thumb.jpg.b984a88cfd9a92ca443215851f367857.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Beech Bend seems to have put their Rockin' Tug up for sale on Rides4u. I haven't seen it run nearly at all the past few visits I have made to the park, so this isn't really a surprise to me. Perhaps they are planning on getting a newer model of that as well.

I'm still mainly wondering if they are ever going to do anything with the C.P. Huntington train they bought from Guntown Mountain's auction, but it's been roughly 10 years since they purchased it. You can actually still see the passenger cars out behind the shed adjacent to the Rumbler when you enter the park from the road, like in the picture above.

• 1 month later...

This is totally out of left field but on my way in to work this morning (on I-84 in New York) I saw a semi truck driving the other direction with a huge picture of a coaster on it. Being a dork I looked and it said "Beech Bend Park" on it heading West.

First of all I'm shocked that they own a branded Semi Trailer (though it sort of looked like canvas so they're cheating). Second of all I wonder what they were doing in central New York. I doubt it's anything earth shattering but it's definitely interesting. It's definitely big enough to carry a used carnival type ride. I-84 in NY is the major trucking route to New England from basically all points west if that helps add fuel to the speculation fire (though it's probably a used kids ride or something which isn't much of a fire).

I obviously didn't take a picture, but hopefully you know me well enough to know that I don't make sh*t up for no reason, especially not something this mundane.

First of all I'm shocked that they own a branded Semi Trailer (though it sort of looked like canvas so they're cheating).

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure the owners of Beech Bend currently or used to have their own trucking company (I think that's where some of their money came form).

This is totally out of left field but on my way in to work this morning (on I-84 in New York) I saw a semi truck driving the other direction with a huge picture of a coaster on it. Being a dork I looked and it said "Beech Bend Park" on it heading West.

First of all I'm shocked that they own a branded Semi Trailer (though it sort of looked like canvas so they're cheating). Second of all I wonder what they were doing in central New York. I doubt it's anything earth shattering but it's definitely interesting. It's definitely big enough to carry a used carnival type ride. I-84 in NY is the major trucking route to New England from basically all points west if that helps add fuel to the speculation fire (though it's probably a used kids ride or something which isn't much of a fire).

I obviously didn't take a picture, but hopefully you know me well enough to know that I don't make sh*t up for no reason, especially not something this mundane.

We've seen the trailers often around here in Bowling Green. If I remember correctly, they show the Kentucky Rumbler, Wild Mouse... and the Shock Drop drop tower they haven't had since 2011. Not sure if the semi you saw had a different picture though. It'd be a stretch to guess, but it could possibly could be something from Zamperla, given how many rides they have bought from them over the past 16 years.

Maybe we can finally have that damn horse themed roller coaster in Kentucky.