TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

This is very sad. Steve was a great man. He educated us with his vast knowledge and entertained us with his great personality. He lived life life to the fullest and died doing what he loved.

I feel such sadness for his wife and two children.. His son is so young he'll never remember his father.

RIP Steve! I'll always remember you!

I always said there were two things I wouldn't be shocked about if I turned on the TV in the morning and saw:

1. Crocodile Hunter dies in some animal related accident.

2. Catastophic failure of one of the rides on the Stratosphere Tower.

I can cross one off the list!

--Robb

Those of you making crass remarks about how this should have been expected should damn well read about what happened... This is a freak accident and people film around rays without worrying about it plenty. The sad fact is that had the barb of the stingray hit anywhere else the guy would have almost certainly been living... Have a freaking heart please... Especially for his children Bindi 8 and Bob 2... Now they have no father...

That said he was always fun to watch because he was so enthusiastic about everything he did. Heck Robb's enthusiasm for coasters is largely the same sort of thing... I guess that is probably why I am here in the first place...

This is a horrible accident and it is very sad that we have all lost an amazing personality and a caring if occasionally misguided father to two very cute kids... My heart goes out to all that are involved in this... Thanks for all the fun Steve and may your memory go on...

I know it hasn't been long since my last reply but seriously you guys are just sick... I mean honestly if one of you dies would you want someone saying "Oh I always knew such and such would get him". At least respect the guy for his work and give him his due instead of cheapening his memory... He did a damn site more than 99.9% of this forums members will ever do...

I can't believe how immature people can be about these sort of things... I mean at least the guy did some good on this world. How many of you can say that?

Sure it was cool to make fun of him and the like but please when someone passes at least have the respect for another human being to at least not post something hurtful.

I'm honestly not going to say anything more unless I get provoked but think about how it would feel if you were on the other end of this...

He did a lot for wildlife conservation in Australia and all over the world with his effervescent personality and amazing passion for his work. He will most certainly be missed.

What a freak accident though. It is a big surprise, as a stingray's barb is very rarely fatal. It went straight through his heart, which is nearly the only way that it could have killed him instantaneously like it did. He didn't die wrestling alligators or snakes, it was a stingray and that's why it is actually shocking.

Those of you making crass remarks about how this should have been expected should damn well read about what happened... This is a freak accident and people film around rays without worrying about it plenty. The sad fact is that had the barb of the stingray hit anywhere else the guy would have almost certainly been living...

I, for one, did damn well read about it, and I damn well do still stand behind everything I said. I don't care whether it was a 15 foot croc, a two foot stingray, or he slipped and fell into a lion pit. The simple fact remains, "freak" accident or not, he assumed the risk before he even put on his dive gear. An accident is an accident no matter which way you slice it......and he FULLY understood this, or he would not have been doing what he did. I'm sure his wife isn't making excuses.

Despite his onscreen persona, he was a very intelligent and educated man. I'm sure he also had fun with the image he created, and was willing to laugh about it, as we are here. You guys trying to defend him to the death need to simmer down a bit. We poke some fun, but yet, none of this is mailcious in any way. It'd be a completely different story if the guy went around bragging about how he defied death, now wouldn't it?

Scott "I still don't understand how this comes as a shock to anyone" B.

^Meh...I agree. No doubt one of these days he'd be killed by some dangerous animal. But still, this is very sad, and when I first read this news, I was like, "No way...you're kidding." I never really whatched his show, but he was really cool and what he did, I guess, changed a lot of people's views on animals. R.I.P Mr. Irwin, and you'll always be remembered.

Those of you making crass remarks about how this should have been expected should damn well read about what happened... This is a freak accident and people film around rays without worrying about it plenty. The sad fact is that had the barb of the stingray hit anywhere else the guy would have almost certainly been living... Have a freaking heart please... Especially for his children Bindi 8 and Bob 2... Now they have no father...seriously you guys are just sick... I mean honestly if one of you dies would you want someone saying "Oh I always knew such and such would get him". At least respect the guy for his work and give him his due instead of cheapening his memory... He did a damn site more than 99.9% of this forums members will ever do...

I can't believe how immature people can be about these sort of things

You really have no right or no place to tell people how they should act/feel/think/etc about any situation. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things, everyone has their own opinions, and no one is WRONG other than the person who tells other people how they are supposed to act/respond/think, whatever.

If you want to discuss how someone else acts/thinks/etc about something, that's one thing. But I'm not going tolerate people telling me how I should think, or telling me how I think is wrong. Screw that!

If you can't deal with that fact, then you shouldn't be reading this forum.

'Nuff said.

--Robb "When I die, everyone please go ride a roller coaster for me, ok?" Alvey

I didn't think much of him tbh. The crowning moment when I lost faith in his mental-stability was the incident with his son and that crocodile at feeding time. I thought his shows were abissmal and his attitude was just so cringe-worthy.

South Park hit the mark with their parody

How can THIS turn into a controversial topic

I can easily say I'm not shocked, the way that guy was around some very dangerous animals, I felt it was going to happen

that said, it is still very very sad, i really feel for his family, and his kids, he did do alot for wildlife and was a great ambasador for Australia