TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

Man, first Michael Jackson, now Billy Mays!? They're dropping like flies now! Vince from Shamwow, get your act together and do all the undone ads Billy Mays was about to do.

Generally when the world population increases, so do deaths.

^ I have a FaceBook friend who was on that flight updating while it was still on the runway in Tampa. It was a bad jolt according to him, but nothing death causing.

Remember Natasha Richardson? She hit her head on a ski lift pole. She stated she felt fine, but later developed a "headache" & passed away shortly after. The same tragedy could have happened to Billy.

R.I.P. Mr. Mays

^With the death of Michael, also at 50, it's been said that 50 isn't young at all considering he was a male & African American. Men die at a much younger age than woman, and African American's often suffer from heart related problems.

^ But 50 is still very young considering the fact that most people die in their 70s and 80s.

Rumor has it that Michael took a bunch of pills and injections before he died and that he contemplated suicide weeks before. I also heard that he appeared weak, lethargic, and was sitting in a wheelchair whenever he made it to rehearsals.

There was also another rumor going around in which Billy Mays wasn't wearing a seat belt during the landing and his head hit the luggage compartment.

I heard a ton of rumors on the radio this morning. Still this is very unfortunate...

Dunno if anybody caught this or appologies for the dupe, but we lost Dom DeLuise (Cannonball Run) around the same time as David Carridine.

We'll miss you Victor/Captain Chaos/Captain USA.

Add Fred "The Man of 1000 Faces" Travalena to the list as of this past Sunday afternoon.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/29/fred.travalena.dies/index.html

What I vaguely remember of him, he was a pretty talented celebrity impersonator.

EDIT: 2 posts condensed to one for efficiency.

If you never had the opportunity to see him perform live, you missed seeing something incredible.

This is true.

I'm late to the party, but the MJ I knew died a LONG time ago. The news still caught me a bit off guard, but the shock wore off a couple minutes later. In fact, I figured Jacko to be the recluse who would eventually take his own life.

I recently caught a couple episodes of Pitch Men, and was surprised to find it intriuging. Billy's death was certainly a shock.

But what a strange time...so many celebrities lost in such a short amount of time!

I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling sadly we may lose even more celebrities this year. Patrick Swayze, Dick Clark and Walter Cronkite are three I can think of right now whose odds are NOT in their favor. Actually Cronkite's own daughter just last week I believe had made a statement not to expect her father to be around by Labor Day.

And for Dick Clark, just the other day I saw a recent photo taken of him sitting in a wheelchair with a blank look in his face while his daughter was feeding him baby food.

And for Dick Clark, just the other day I saw a recent photo taken of him sitting in a wheelchair with a blank look in his face while his daughter was feeding him baby food.

Are you sure that wasn't a screen cap from New Years?

Cnn.com reported that Karl Malden died today at 97 according to his manager. Malden won an Oscar for A Streetcar Named Desire

I wouldn't count him as part of the trend because he died of natural causes and not something unusual. I think the deaths are going to slow down a bit now.

Steve McNair, former All-Pro and MVP Quarterback of the Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens, was found dead from a gunshot to the head in a condo in Downtown Nashville today.

That brings us up to six celebrities since Ed McMahon died last week...

Oh, and Rupert Gint, aka Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter movies, has swine flu...