TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

So, as an ongoing tally, you are only allowed to post the following DJ's when they die:

Grand Master Flash

Norman Cook (AKA Fatboy Slim)

DJ Jazzy Jeff

Funkmaster Flex

Mix Master Mike

Jam Master J - Already deceased.

I think you need to add DJ Lance from YoGabbaGabba to the list.

• 3 months later...

So sad really

Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-dies-cardiac-arrest/#ixzz0aGIE07UB

I suspect drugs as normal 32 year old women don't drop dead of cardiac arrest all of a sudden.

New reports are saying her mother found her unconscious in the shower.

It will be interesting to see what the autopsy says.

I really liked her as an actress as well.

Wait, don't we have a mega celebrity everyone is dead thread?!!? This should be moved in there!

This was on the TMZ front page:

Brittany Murphy was very ill in the hours before she went into cardiac arrest and died, sources tell TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taking prescription meds for flu-like symptoms she had been experiencing for several days. We're told Murphy began vomiting early Sunday morning and told family members she was feeling very ill.

Sources say various prescriptions were found in the home -- written for Brittany Murphy, husband Simon Monjack, and Brittany's mom. One source says, "There were a lot ... a lot of prescriptions in the house."

Law enforcement sources tell us Murphy collapsed in the bathroom and somehow ended up in the shower ... there was, we're told, a significant amount of vomit in the immediate area.

We're also told authorities did not find illegal drugs in the house, but Murphy was definitely taking various prescription meds.

Sources say her condition and the meds could have triggered a heart attack, but it's too early to know. An autopsy will be performed Monday or Tuesday. We reported earlier Monjack did not want an autopsy but ultimately it's the Coroner's call.

As we first reported, Brittany Murphy's mother told paramedics her daughter suffered from diabetes. We're told it was type 2 diabetes and people involved in the case doubt her condition caused her death."

A very sad end for anyone, let alone someone only 32.

I will NEVER have sympathy for a dead celebrity.

What if the celebrity is someone you know personally?

I think it depends on when you first knew the person. I have a very close "local celebrity" friend. Everyone is all impressed/starstruck when they find out how close we are but then I'm like, "Oh him? He's nobody. I beat him in a fight when we were 10."

So yeah, if you knew the person before they got famous it makes a big difference because you know the real person and not just the persona/image. Full, genuine sypathy may then ensue.

I can feel sympathy for dead celebrities, if the reason for death was not self-inflicted, and they were good people.

I felt sympathy for poor Patrick Swayze, who was hounded by photographers while dying of one of the nastiest cancers known to man. Every week those ghouls would have photos of him on the front pages of the tabloids. Disgusting.

Also, he dealt with the situation with as much patience and good humor as anyone ever has.

Yes, it is a minor injustice in the grand scheme of things.

I feel sympathy for dead celebrities. They dedicate their lives to entertain the world.

Correction: They dedicate their lives to entertain the world so they can make a shitload of money. I don't think many famous people are doing what they do out of the goodness of their heart.

Just because someone is famous doesn't mean their life is any more or less important than someone elses. IMO, it's a damn shame celebrities get placed on such a high pedestal. There are real heroes like fire fighters, police officers, people in the military, people doing work for charity, and so on and so forth that die every day and no one cares because a celebrity passed away.

^Correct, And I care just as much that there are people even as I type risking their lives for the safety of this country, and firefighters who risk their lives to safe others. I guess it's just the concept of lost life that gets to me. It's not a matter of one death being any more or less important than another, but rather how it affects you on a personal level. Whether they're pure of heart doesn't have to do with the fact that they did something to touch millions of people, so I feel it warranted to feel a little something when they pass.

• 5 weeks later...