TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

^Thanks for the info. But isn't the Daily Mail the British equivalent to the National Enquirer?

I'm glad he's not going to die, because he did go to the hospital. He does look a little deathly in that photo though.....

There are also AP stories out about it, so I trust the source.

Maybe the Westboro Baptist Church was right? God is clearly showing his wrath by killing our most beloved public figures.

If Westboro is right then "..people who say they have bipolar disorder are common trash who deserve a fist in the mouth because those who say they have this "bipolar" crap are in reality faking their illness just to get attention and sin...yes my friend these people will go to hell. no questions asked..." ( Westboro Baptist Church /Shirley Phelps on WEPM-AM Martinsburg, WV " The Jay Young Show" last year )

..and I am not even going to begin at what Westboro called the people who live in the city of Indianapolis. Lets just say according to Westboro..God hates Indy.

Last year a good friend of mine interviewed Shirley Phelps on his radio show. Ah not exactly normal people we are talking about here.

• 2 weeks later...

Walter Cronkite was truly one of the most tallented journalists in the history of American journalism. He's covered more historic events than any other television news anchorman. Even the word "anchorman" was coined during the 1952 Democratic National Convention to describe him as the reporter who was the 'centerpiece' of the men covering the convention. Walter has had a profound affect on all of our lives in one way or another.

What are your memories of Walter Cronkite?

Eli, I moved your Walter Cronkite remembrances here.

I grew up watching Walter Cronkite myself--a true journalist and not just a "talking head" spouting "talking points." I was very sad to hear that he died, and very much remember his coverage of the Vietnam War and the Apollo moon landing.

And that's the way it is.

Thanks for moving the thread!

Today's news media, and I use that phrase loosely, has just become so clogged with stuff that is superfluous to anything. Mostly it's just a load of exculpatory crap designed to generate ratings and advertising dollars...

I wish we had more Walter Cronkites in the world....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...