TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

^Word was that he wasn't happy that South Park was going ot make fun of Scientology (it really is the most humor impaired of all "religions," I think).

The soundtrack from Shaft was great album.

Yeah, the Tom Cruise episode told the Xenu story in its entirety. I watched that for the first time on the bus on the Europe trip and it was AWESOME.

Shaft is a great album. If you haven't checked out Curtis Mayfield's Superfly soundtrack, I would highly advise that to accompany Shaft. It's amazing.

Shaft is a great album. If you haven't checked out Curtis Mayfield's Superfly soundtrack, I would highly advise that to accompany Shaft. It's amazing.

Dude! I'll check that out. There's an old Curtis Mayfield song I've been trying to figure out for years that was in a Snoop Doggy Dog video. He drives up in some convertible, pimpin of course, and has this awesome funk song playing. All I know is that it's Curtis Mayfield, but no luck on title. Ginzo, thanks for that suggestion!

Lol! Guess I'm old because I associate him with Shaft in stead of Chef.

Aww, thanks for all the posts folks.

EDIT: Ginzo, checked out Superfly soundtrack. It is indeed funktacular. Make me want another copy of Mothership Connection.

• 2 months later...

This is sad, his novels were really thrilling. Last year I came home from morning practice and randomly picked up State of Fear and got so sucked into it that I ended up staying home from class and reading the entire thing before afternoon practice rolled around. That thing was over 600 pages and I couldn't put it down until I was done!

• 1 month later...

She passed away Thursday, December 11, 2008, after being taken off life support. She had had pneumonia for three weeks and was about to be released last week from the hospital, when she had a heart attack. Though unconfirmed, she was said to be in a coma up until thursday the 11th.

Bettie Page was one of the celebrities I just liked for whatever reason. Her personality, expressions, spirit, and of course, her figure, were all very charming.

Some pictures of her below for those unfamiliar.

CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/12/bettie.page.obit/index.html?iref=24hours

Reuters

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE4BB0XP20081213

1795992895_RP522Bettie-Page-In-the-Sand-Posters.jpg.336ac0aea9304f2d76d4e8806205719e.jpg

untitledw.bmp

485279342_RP507Bettie-Page-Hot-Bettie-Posters.jpg.36c9df4382d4f8e1be6aaecda59b46e6.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Watching the Kung Fu series in the 70s is still a vivid memory of my childhood. Carradine always had a certain mystique and elegance about him. I also enjoyed some of the slightly self deprecating TV commercials I'd seen him do in recent years, particularly since they imparted a more light hearted and human side to him.

I can't imagine why he would have wanted to take his own life, but I hope that he has found whatever it is he sought but couldn't find in this world. May he rest in peace.

Watching the Kung Fu series in the 70s is still a vivid memory of my childhood.

Funny enough, I first saw him in Kung Fu: The Legand Continues. I'm sad to hear he took his life, but on the other hand, I agree with Tyler. The guy has 222 actor credits on IMDB alone, so he managed to do quite well with his life while he was still around. Still, it's always sad to hear of a person taking their life.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this...wow http://www.tmz.com/ I'm speachless.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived. A cardiologist at UCLA tells TMZ Jackson died of cardiac arrest.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=eo-1_2[/coastertube]