TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

^When combined with prescription sleeping pills, they very well could.

A rep from the Ledger family made a statement that he had pneumonia. The police told them that it does seem to be an accidental overdose and there is no indication that it was a suicide. So sad.

This sucks.

Sorry to be so blunt, but don't really know what else to say about this.

Just sick of hearing this tragic scenario over and over, that is, young, terrific young family, everything to live for....no longer with us.

Maybe the song was right after all.....Only the good die young.

God Speed HL.

I've been shocked all day. Turned on TV this morning, getting dressed for work, see BREAKING NEWS... and then big Heathy, gone. It's very tragic whether it was an accident or deliberate. I never thought he was a fantastic actor but certainly was good. Although this Dark Knight performance looks like it is gonna rock! So sad that we will never see him play another role.

I glad the shooting for this movie is finished so this self absorbed drug abuser does cost the equally greedy and blood sucking Hollywood studios additional money to finish the film. This common man really doesn't need the costs of attending movies to be driven up any further.

^Isn't it enough they protest all the funerals of the soldiers that died in the war? They can't just leave anything alone. I can already see the picket signs that are going to say this happened because he played a gay guy in a movie.

Their website address alone should give people enough of an idication on how messed up they are.

I glad the shooting for this movie is finished so this self absorbed drug abuser does cost the equally greedy and blood sucking Hollywood studios additional money to finish the film. This common man really doesn't need the costs of attending movies to be driven up any further.

Not very nice. Why do you want to get people upset?

This actor obviously had issues with depression that he spoke openly about...people liked him b/c he took on a role that most actors would be afraid to take in fear of ruining their career (Brokeback Mountain).

Nobody makes you go to the movies...so if you dont like it...dont go.

Just so you know Larry rarely goes to movies and his opinion is just a valid as those who feel as if the world has lost someone really important. I enjoyed his movies a lot, but my life is NO different today then it was yesterday and his death is no more important then the thousands of people who also met their ends yesterday.

He was naked in bed with sleeping pills in his hand, this is not like an accident like slipping in the shower would be. I am not saying he meant to kill himself, but the sleeping pills were right there.

As far as the church groups inless they found out he impaled himself on a dildo I won't view it as god's wrarth.

^ I understand where your coming from but its natural to be affected by death. Even if you don't know the person, its sad to know that they are no longer with us and somewhere people are grieving and upset.

It was a pretty unexpected death of a very young and seemingly healthy man. One of my best friends is the same age as Heath Ledger, and I feel shocked and sad by this because I am in close contact with someone like him. Although my friend is in no way a famous actor or has had the success or fortune as Heath ( Hes a web designer for Blackpool Pleasure Beach),I know that they are both in the prime of their lives, with so many opportunities and family to be embraced and for me its sad that this has been taken away from him.

^^thanks for the support Rich

Let me re-iterate. I never said I was glad the guy is dead, personally I don't care. The death of an actor I don't know doesn't mean much to me.

I'm just glad that his death will not add to the costs that the average movie goer has to pay the upcoming film. Hey if anyone wants to pay more to see a movie in the theater, more power to you.

Just an update, Rich, he didn't have sleeping pills in hand. He had anti-anxiety pills opened in the room.

I'm sure it was an accidental overdose, and a sad one at that, as I like Heath as an actor. I'm saddened by the loss, but it doesn't effect my life one way or another.

This story really got me thinking a bit harder about the situation. It's still very sad, and a bit of a shock to hear. Sad in the sense that I feel for anyone whose life comes to a point where prescribed substances are needed for control. It's also sad to think of the loved ones left behind, especially the young daughter who was reportedly a very important part of the man's life.

With that said, sleeping pills, anxiety pills, whatever.... I'm calling BS on the "accidental overdose" theory. A talented, and obviously intelligent grown adult of generally sound mind should know of the dangers of overdosing on such drugs. It's not like Hollywood is void of numerous other stories such as this. C'mon, seriously. He didn't stop to consider what a few too many pills might do to one's system? I'm not buying it.

If Britney Spears did something like this, I would just consider it death by stupidity. Until further proof of anything, this could very easily be just another easy way out for a famous star. The whole "everyone will just suspect it was an accident, and not a suicide" bit. Sorry, I've been horribly wrong before, but I just have a really hard time believing these type of "accident" theories.

Maybe we should just blame Axis Chemicals.

Any death is sad. I feel sorrier for his 2 year old daughter, and family. As for effecting my life directly. Nope, but that doesn’t mean it’s not sad.

I also blame CNN, etc for this whole OD thing when the actual reports flat out stated this looked 100% accidental, and they found over the counter sleeping pills on a nightstand. Lethal cocktail, very possible. Not uncommon for someone to grab a few drink or then take some pills or more likely if he was sick and mixed prescription pills with sleep pills that would also turn bad. Too early to judge anything, hell blue ice could have fallen from the sky and taken him out. Until the final report is published, no one will know.

This happens so many times every single day to ordinary people who also where viewed as role models, or people of great inspirations to those who were close.

All death is tragic, not just actors, singers, or mimes. “Which I do feel much less sympathy for compared to someone losing a mother or father.”