TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

^ Yeah, you beat me to the post. Bizarre acting voice, but still likeable,

depending on the production. i.e the parrot IAGO in Disney's animated ALADDIN (1992).

GilbertGottfried-Iago.png.27ecae1f22877092a290616791b3c06f.png

I would have paid to see and hear a conversation between him and ..... Harvey Fierstein.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Naomi Judd, of the mother-daughter country music duo, The Judds. 76 years old. RIP

In my early square dancing years (Yeah I did that, and I was good! Level A2 actually) they were a part of my country music listening times, too.

Saw them on the "Building A Bridge Tour" in Vancouver, with a 'relative newcomer' as their opening act ..... Garth Brooks.
Great concert. Got a nice bandana. too.

Mickey Gilley Dies: Proprietor Of World’s Biggest Honky Tonk, popularized In the movie ‘Urban Cowboy’ Was 86. 🌵

Mickey Gilley, who ran one of the world’s largest honky tonks in Pasadena, Texas and was credited with helping foster country music’s revival in the late ’70s as a key part of the Urban Cowboy film, has died. He was 86 and his death was announced by the Pasadena, Texas mayor, where the club was located.

Gilley died Saturday in Branson, Missouri. He had just ended a ten-show tour in April and died at home. No cause has been revealed.

• 2 weeks later...

Vangelis  He was 79. 🎶

Composer of the film "Chariots of Fire," and the original "Blade Runner".

He collaborated with Jon Anderson from YES, for several albums and music, including "The Friends of Mr. Cairo", and "State of Independence."

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

^ I thought he was amazing as Sonny in "the first" The Godfather film. Then of all places, with Streisand in "Funny Lady" and later with Bette Midler in "For The Boys" (a fave Midler movie of mine). And of course, "Elf". He was great in a lot of great films. Will miss him.

887518413_Fortheboys.png.c2db7fb75b6700200d3eeeb6d366a7f2.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Nurse Ratchet has left the ...... ahem ..... psychiatric hospital."

Louise Fletcher was great in that role, but she did so many other great films as well as "Cuckoo's Nest".

Gone at age 88. A great actress she was. 🕯️

• 3 weeks later...

^ She was a wonderful actress. Chilling as the mother in "The Manchurian Candidate".

And we had awesome fortune to see her LIVE on stage, in New York, in Sondheim's masterpiece, "Sweeney Todd ~ The Demon Barber of Fleet Street." It was in mid October of 1979, and the production had already won a good # of TONYs, including Best Musical, Director (Harold Prince), Best Score for Steve (natch). and for Angela (as Mrs. Lovett) and Len Cariou (as Sweeney), lead role TONYs for their parts. We were in the front row, against the orchestra pit, and got to see her in action, from about 20 feet away (from us to them in their 'box set').

After that thrilling time, I found out her birthday was indeed a few days away (back then). So I found a funny pop-up card and mailed it to her care of the show/theatre. A month later, I got a surprise hand written Thank You Note from her and how she loved the card, etc. And she would give my "Canadian Regards" to Len, originally from Winnipeg, Canada.

Best memory ever of seeing Ms. Lansbury in person and on stage.

SweeneyTodd01.png.60eecdb93b0617b1d0982b4a7ba0ea96.png

"Sweeney Todd" 1979

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

.... and now we've just lost Bob McGrath, one of the originals of "Sesame Street".

He passed away at age 90. He will really be missed by a lot of us, myself included.

BobMcGrath.png.2447e3145f01148a280b121f94f51558.png

Bob and the original human (with one exception) tenants of "Sesame Street."

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Kirstie Alley, From "Cheers" to the "Look Who's Talking?" franchise.

And no one should forget, she was in the second "Star Trek" film, "The Wrath of Khan,"yes?

A small part, yes, but hey who can put that on their resume'? She passed away, at age 71.

KirstieAlley2022.png.f4d6dfd23edc5de0e309e12401420dc4.png

"Wrath of Khan" playing Saavic to Nimoy's Spock.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a total shock ....

Stephen 'tWitch' Boss, was the main DJ on the Ellen Degeneres Show, and one of the main judges on recent So-You-Think-You-Can Dance shows.

Age 40. And ..... apparently "by suicide." 😭

I would have never guessed by his usual on-camera demeanor. But then, mental illness can be a very quiet and silent thing.

Healing thoughts and warm hugs go out to all who knew and loved him, including his family.

tWitchBoss2022.png.81cfbfc60838f9ab5afa4fa5421aab46.png

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...