TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

Gavin MacLeod, who starred as Murray in "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" (tv) ...... Always heckling news announcer Ted. Then getting trounced by Sue Ann Nivens {Betty White} ...... And as the original Capt. Stubing on "The Love Boat."

He was 90.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad news.

Yahoo Music

ZZ Top bassist and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Dusty Hill dead at 72

We saw them last at the PNE (2018?) when they had free seats, as well as the reserved middle section. Great show!

DustyHillZZtop.png.9dd70c633d8a5539058bfa37d4c36841.png

😰

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Tommy Kirk ~ A Disney Icon, who starred in the now classic "Old Yeller" and the Disney original Hardy Boys series, played during the iconic original Mickey Mouse Club tv show (1950s). And the "Swiss Family Robinson," "Babes In Toyland," "The Shaggy Dog," "Son of Flubber" films, etc.

Great Obit here - https://ca.yahoo.com/news/entertainment/tommy-kirk-dies-child-star-202715619.html

TommyKirk021.png.d396ef0feef29f8d5c48729ecb76d1cc.png

With his "Old Yeller" co-star.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Author Anne Rice, who "breathed new life into vampires," has just passed away. She was 80

I believe my David has practically every book she's written, including those she wrote under another name.

Just counted them. At least 27 books of hers! We even went to where things took place with "Interview With A Vampire,"

during our very first trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. David was like a kid in a theme park finding "all the places where...."

• 2 weeks later...

Harvey Evans, 80. Actor, dancer, singer. One of the original "triple threats" of Broadway.

He was in the original Broadway musicals of "West Side Story," "Gypsy," "Follies", "Hello, Dolly!" .... what was called the Golden Age of Musicals.

HarveyEvans-BarbaraCook.png.b34849985f99fecd2b4d5ac8d2d16fe9.png

Harvey, with the late legendary Barbara Cook, during rehearsals for a concert of "Candide."

^ And I have to add....

I actually saw Betty LIVE, on a "$10,000 Pyramid" (that was the top amount, at the time) taping in Los Angeles. And one of The Funniest Moments happened back then. 1984-5. We also spent a whole f-ing other day to see "Price Is Right." Will never do that again, lol.

Dick Clark was still hosting Pyramid at the time. It was his creation FYI, and all was going along fine during the game, until....

...... Out of Betty's mouth comes .... "Oh shit I can't remember" .... and then the entire audience, crew, AND Clark, we all felt apart, laughing. The taping had to obviously stop, back up and start from another spot. But still - it was awesome just for that one hilarious moment between us  and her.

And I was really hoping they'd keep that blooper of hers. Clark may have, as he was known to do. But they probably taped over it. Maybe. RIP Betty.

P.S. Just figured it out! Betty was on Pyramid to help promote "a new series" she was starring in ..... (guess what?) .... Golden Girls. It started airing in the Fall, 1985. So, that's definitely the year that we saw her, on the game show. Kewl!

• Like 2

Sidney Poitier RIP. He was 94 years old.

And the very first African-American to win the 1964 OSCAR for Lead Actor. For "Lillies of The Field."

And "In The Heat of The Night's" best catchphrase .... "They call me MR. TIBBS!"

And the actress/singer Lulu got a multi-HIT with "To Sir, With Love," based on his movie as a teacher.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howard Hesseman a/k/a Dr. Johnny Fever in "WKRP In Cincinnati" tv series.

Howard Hesseman was an American actor known for his television roles as malcontent disk jockey "Dr. Johnny Fever" on WKRP in Cincinnati, and the lead role of history teacher Charlie Moore on Head of the Class.

He was 81. We loved and regularly watched "WKRP".  To it's finale ending.

RIP Dr. Fever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Mrs. Potato Head" has just left the Toy Story shop.

Estelle Harris..... Mrs.P and the "MOTHER of George Costanza", has passed away, at 93.

Loved her, yelling and all, lol.