TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure how many people ever saw him play but e-sports is huge in Korea so discussions come up a lot in my class especially since so many kids want to be pro-gamers. Whenever they ask me if I followed or watched any, the way this guy graciously accepted losing his title and supported the 16-year old kid who beat him comes to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Larry King, giant of US broadcasting who achieved worldwide fame for interviewing political leaders and celebrities, has died at the age of 87.

King conducted an estimated 50,000 interviews in his six-decade career, which included 25 years as host of the popular CNN talk show Larry King Live.

He died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, according to Ora Media, a production company he co-founded.

Earlier this month, he was treated in hospital for Covid-19, US media say.

The talk show host had faced several health problems in recent years, including heart attacks.

"For 63 years and across the platforms of radio, television and digital media, Larry's many thousands of interviews, awards, and global acclaim stand as a testament to his unique and lasting talent as a broadcaster," Ora Media said in a statement.

King rose to fame in the 1970s with his radio programme The Larry King Show, on the commercial network Mutual Broadcasting System.

He was then the host of Larry King Live on CNN, between 1985 and 2010, carrying out interviews with a host of guests.

He also wrote a column for the USA Today newspaper for over 20 years.

Most recently, King hosted another programme, Larry King Now, broadcast on Hulu and RT, Russia's state-controlled international broadcaster.

Source

the past 36 hours have had both Larry King and Hank Aaron, but the 1st death late on Thursday night hit me hard:  Mira Furlan.

best known in the USA as "D'Lenn" from "Babylon 5" or as "the French Woman" from "Lost", she was also quite an accomplished musician/singer.

it was a shock too, as most outside of her former castmates on B5 didn't even know she had been ill.  (she passed from complications of West Nile Virus)

Rest In Light, Mira.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55763658

Mira-Furlan-RIP-913.jpg

• Sad 1

<sighs> And now.... Christopher Plummer ...passed away at age 91.

1218083912_ChristopherPlummer.png.88d068d1e394cdddbd8971f11a383839.png

Early stage acting. In "Othello."

Though he is celebrated for playing Captain Von Trapp in The Sound of Music, he won an Academy Award in 2011 for his performance in Beginners and earned nominations for The Last Station and All the Money in the World. His numerous other notable film credits include The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Syriana, Dolores Claiborne, Malcolm X, The Man Who Would be King, Waterloo and many more.

Quote by Broadway.com

• Sad 1

One that really hurt me today, was Rowena passed.

I have so many books/games on my shelves that feature her cover art.

She was most known as a fantasy artist, but she did quite a few Horror book covers as well.   She'll be missed, as I was a big fan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowena_Morrill

26423.jpg?v=1597783890

51BP8loP5TL._SX362_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

5GcGfw0cdJtwXxHCb7BTgHUlxjwr_W3J9LtdDHki

the world is a BETTER place today.

good riddance to rubbish (whom I won't even name, as he doesn't "deserve" to be called a Celebrity, even tho he was).

but this gif sums up my feelings.

tenor.gif

and if you think that's horrible?  this is a person who made fun of Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's Disease.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, bert425 said:

the world is a BETTER place today.

good riddance to rubbish (whom I won't even name, as he doesn't "deserve" to be called a Celebrity, even tho he was).

but this gif sums up my feelings.

tenor.gif

and if you think that's horrible?  this is a person who made fun of Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's Disease.

I know who you're talking about,  and I'm with you. I'm embarrased that he's from Missouri. Such a hateful man. Glad he's gone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yaphet Kotto, 81, unrevealed cause of death. An actor most known for his roles in Alien and as the main antagonist in the Bond Film Live and Let Die. And although the film was absolute shit, I'll also bring up that he survived through Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare as I just rewatched the entire Nightmare on Elm Street series this past weekend.

Yaphet-Kotto-1068x598.thumb.png.a95803ec093ea4e298765d4d737ae17c.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Olympia Dukakis.

She won the Oscar for playing Cher's mom in "Moonstruck," and was in numerous plays and movies, including "Steel Magnolias," and "Mr.Holland's Opus." And she was the original Anna Madrigal in Armisted Maupin's Tales of the City, the transgender landlady of where all the main characters lived in San Francisco.

Wonderful actress, with a killer sense of humor and great laugh. RIP Olympia.

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/198857/olympia-dukakis-distinctive-actress-remembered-for-political-social-activism-on-stage-and-screen-dies-at-89/

OlympiaDukakis.jpg.9010aeb63f0ceb600498238b319167b1.jpg

Olympia as Anna Madrigal, in "Tales of the City."

• Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...