TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

Ken Howard, 71.

Kenneth Joseph "Ken" Howard, Jr. was an American actor, best known for his roles as Thomas Jefferson in 1776 and as basketball coach and former Chicago Bulls player Ken Reeves in the television show The White Shadow.

He also did a good number of Broadway plays and musicals before hitting it big with The White Shadow on TV.

seesaw01.jpg.b7b945ff79280554569c4a3d45ed9f42.jpg

seesaw02.jpg.cf96ffd71fa2536e6fdcd4985f1aae5b.jpg

^ On my very first visit to New York in 1976, not only did I get to see the original casts of "A Chorus Line", "Chicago" and

"Pacific Overtures" (Sondheim's newest, back then), I got lucky to see Howard in a production of Alan Ayckborn's trilogy

plays, The Norman Conquests. It was three plays that could be seen in any order, if you saw all three of them.

Quite ingenious. Estelle Parsons, Barry Nelson, Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss were also in the cast.

Great fun I remember!

NormanConquests1976.jpg.7aae9a4a49dcaaf62de7eb1c3759739c.jpg

The one and only Patty Duke.

I heard a rumor years ago, that she was in consideration for Princess Leia in the original SW trilogy.

But of course, Carrie Fisher got it, instead. Anybody else remember this "retro rumor"?

• 2 weeks later...

I am very sad with how many notable people are dying this year - David Bowie, Lemmy from Motorhead, and now Prince, not to mention Mike Chance. Rest in peace, you guys didn't deserve this.