TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

If you're a fan of Richmond, Va., heavy-metal band GWAR, . . .

RIP Oderus Urungus (real name Dave Brockie).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/dave-brockie-dead-dies_n_5021520.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

without Dave, they're done.

they could survive the other members who have left, or died (RIP Cory/Flattus Maximus). . but you simply can't replace Oderus

^^I was trying to remember where I'd seen him recently, and realized it was an Andy Hardy film on TV. Pretty sure I spotted him in an awards show audience or something like that, too. Good that he lived such a long and full life.

I "almost" saw Rooney live on Broadway, with Ann Miller (Ann Miller!) in a vaudeville-like production

called Sugar Babies, 1979. They were in previews, and I could have got a ticket for half-price, but didn't go. Visited friends in DC during it's Opening. Came back to New York. Big Massive Hit! Couldn't get a ticket now if my life depended on it, lol. So - I missed them together....

Till a few years later, and they they actually starred in the first National Tour that also included Vancouver! Great fun show and Rooney wasn't as nearly over the top as I thought he'd be. And Ann was..... Ann.

RIP - MR

Sugarbabies1979.jpg.0bfb7e7ad1af8325cd2cbe3c38243597.jpg

It was a great show!

Edited by Nrthwnd

Pro Wrestling Legend and Superstar The Ultimate Warrior passed away last night.

WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior.

Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter.

We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans.

WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior’s family, friends and fans.

Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana, his two daughters, his mother, his two sisters and his two brothers.

• 3 weeks later...

Bob Hoskins just passed away.

I loved him in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

And in "Hook" as Smee.

RIP BH

who-framed-roger-rabbit__140430135436-275x165.jpg.3832ecbef3dbdbf494d22bc48cca049a.jpg

Great movie. Wonderful effects. And a great role for Hoskins.

Bob Hoskins just passed away.

I loved him in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

And in "Hook" as Smee.

RIP BH

He was the only good thing about Hook.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RIP Eli Wallach--he was one of the great character actors.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (he was "the Ugly")

Mr. Freeze on Batman

Disney's The Moon Spinners