TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights (HHN) - 2009

^ They actually seemed to be pretty cool with photos in the mazes as long as you weren't holding up the line of people coming through. So I'd experiment with low light settings and how to do it QUICKLY.

They also did seem to let you take your time on the Terror Tram, though.

As you can see from our photos, it was difficult to get a lot of really smooth shots without a flash.

In total we ended up with about 950 shots from last night's event. The update was 100 photos. So you can see that only about 1 in 10 photos I took were useable.

--Robb

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I attended Oct. 3rd. And as usual, it is the best Halloween event in town.

The mazes are exceptionally well done. The Terror Tram was even larger this year, or at least felt like it walking distance wise. Although there were a few bottlenecks for people this year, around the Bates Motel specifically. I don't know what the future holds for the Terror Tram, but here is my observation. They could make it even longer if they incorporate the new King Kong next year, the collapsing bridge, Jaws, the flood, and the earthquake section, and then drop people off at Whoville. That might help with the overcrowding situation and huge, huge line.

I was surpised that they didn't run Slaughterworld this year, although I knew in advance it wasn't happenig. After seeing the park being sold out, it's a massive facility that could have used a show/maze of some form to spilt out the crowd. Imo, they should run Shrek 4D, it is about a ghost after all, and relocate the maze to another location.

The cast of Rocky Horror were fantastic. Highlight of the evening.

Even with the sold out crowds, here was my general gameplan. Starting at 7pm, Simpsons first (if so inclined for rides), Mummy, Saw, Jurrasic Park, Terror Tram, and then Rocky Horror. All that done by 9:45, 5 minute waits. Did a food break (it's a limited menu compared to the daytime but still good), Bill & Ted, and then really only had two bad lines to stand in, for Michael Myers and Bloody Valentine. And for a sold out night, that's pretty good.

For out of towners or for one nighters, the upgraded pass is 100% worth it. For locals, the frequent fear pass would be worth it to spend two night there. Better to have two nights there instead of 1 there and waste the money at a much lesser event (like Shipwreck). Use the online advance purchase through the website for the discounts.

wow...those chuckys pale in comparison to orlandos!

Well, to be fair they don't look anywhere near as good in the photos as they do in person. Since we had our press badges on they were allowing us to take some flash photos in the mazes and to be honest, one of the reason why I know they don't allow flash pictures is because once you remove all the set lighting from the scene, things don't look as good as they do in the "dark."

The Chucky's actually looked just fine in person. Nothing was wrong with them.

--Robb

Wow, wow, wow. I'm so tempted to try to visit Universal Orlando over fall break. I'm tired of seeing this stuff online, and not in person! If not this year, then maybe with TPR next year! This is something a Halloween fanatic like myself can't miss!

-JZ

Be sure to buy them in advance as well. It is very likely that Front of the Line passes and the RIP Tour will be sold out if you try to buy them at the ticket booth or upgrade inside the park.

Ok, this part is pretty damn cool...

The “R.I.P. Experience” will take groups of up to 15 guests to remote areas of Universal historic backlot aboard a private trolley, where they will disembark the tram and navigate on foot and by flashlight many recognizable horror films sets.

I did HHN last night, the front of line pass was well worth it and I even managed to get a few half decent photos. I think going on the Ghost Hotel at Liseberg a few times really trained me well to pick where the scares were in the mazes even though that was my first ever Halloween event.

The mazes were great, though I didn't think Chucky was as good as the other 3 mazes. I really liked being able to walk through the all those sets in the backlot on Terror Tram.

The scare zones were fun but they didn't attack me much but I'm hard to sneak up on.

Bill and Ted was a lot of fun and surprisingly irreverent. Rocky Horror was well done though I'm not that into the movie (haven't seen it), warning - Rocky goes for 45 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...