TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights (HHN) - 2009

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I assume Saw will be the theme throughout the event and will be featured in a house, a scare zone, and on the tram tour. I heard a rumor about Michael Myers being used at Hollywood's event.

I'm pretty sure they'll pull the SAW theme off like last year where Freddy was the main star, but still had all the New Line mazes uneffected with Freddy. I'm also pretty sure that both events will feature a Wolfman house for promotion of the movie (last year the tram tour had footage from the movie, and it looked decent) but Hollywood has their semi-permanent House of Horrors to play with which has most of the Universal monsters already, including the Wolfman. It should be intresting to see what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to wonder if the Saw Maze in Brea this past Halloween was a test to see if the franchise has maintained its popularity. It was amazing and I'd be happy even if Universal Hollywood's saw maze was nearly identical to the 2008 version, but I'm sure we're looking at a whole new creation. Expect this one to be highly interactive. Saw Maze and a new Halloween Disneyland Fireworks Show this year! Is it October yet!?!!?

What I remember reading was the Brea maze is completely seperate endevour. The guy basically did it all himself and just borrowed the name and likeness but had no help from Lionsgate. On the flipside however, Lionsgate would get nothing, profit wise, from the maze. I'm more intrested if it's coming back this year or if Lionsgate would stop him this year with Universal taking a stab (or bear trap) at the franchise.

^A few months ago, there was a advertisement for the Maze in Brea. It was havinf a special showing of the maze...in April or May...haha. I was thinking this was some sort of soft opening (a bit early though). I could see it coming back, it was a great maze, I loved it!

• 2 weeks later...

Auditions for Horror Nights

http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/entertainment_jobs/audition_schedule.html

Audition #1

Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights is looking for outgoing male and female actors as street/maze performers. Actors will be asked to do some improvisation and demonstrate scare tactics. Please wear clothes and shoes that will let you move around easily. You must be at least 18 years old for these roles.

Character and Atmosphere Entertainment are casting for the following roles:

• Scareactors •Streetmosphere •Maze Performers

WHEN:

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

July 29, 30 & 31

AGVA Members: 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Open Call: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm

WHERE:

Universal Studios Hollywood

Globe Theater

100 Universal City Plaza

Universal City, CA 91608

Parking provided in the Frankenstein Parking Lot off Lankershim Blvd. Look for the signs and enter through the green iron gates.

** If you were an actor in last years Halloween Horror Nights event, you may qualify for an expedited audition process. Ask for information at the sign-up desk for details.

To submit an application for employment, please visit www.ushjobs.com.

Street Scareactors and Halloween Horror Nights Maze Performers will be covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with the American Guild of Variety Artists (“AGVA”). More information will be available at the audition.

Equal Opportunity Employer

Audition #2

Can you impersonate a popular or current cultural icon from movies, music or television? Universal Studios Hollywood is looking for uninhibited, fun and athletic men and women, who are strong actors with great improvisational skills, for our Halloween Horror Nights parody show.

Universal Studios Hollywood is casting for:

Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure

WHEN:

Thursday and Friday

July 30 & 31

9:00 am – 4:00 pm

(Required call-backs for selected actors will be Saturday August 1 at 2:00 pm)

WHERE:

Universal Studios Hollywood

Globe Theater

100 Universal City Plaza

Universal City, CA 91608

Parking provided in the Frankenstein Parking Lot off Lankershim Blvd. Look for the signs and enter through the green iron gates.

Please prepare a 1 minute upbeat monologue. Be prepared to learn an extensive movement combination. Music will be provided. Stunt experience a plus, but not required. Please bring a current picture and resume. You must be at least 18 years old for these roles. More information will be available at the audition.

To submit an application for employment, please visit www.ushjobs.com.

Equal Opportunity Employer

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that they will have a Rocky Horror Picture Show, A Tribute.

http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/entertainment_jobs/audition_schedule.html#auditionTwo

On there Twitter page, they are suppose to be making a new announcement for a new show today.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-10-2009/0005074858&EDATE=

I tell ya, the Shaun Of The Dead angle is getting put to excellent use this year, I wonder if Mary, the grocery store zombie will be joining the festivities??

Also, for a virgin to the event, any advice you can provide, like when do the tix go on sale??