TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THRILL POINT LA [RCT2]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The finished IDM is coming around the corner but the park isn't anywhere near finished, only half of themeing on Spirit is done landscaping and foliage are proving to be a huge task ATM and I've got some ideas for the rapids ride to doctor out.

But I can give you this screen

Turnaround.jpg.709d219e75df53581aab8227ce4c9e73.jpg

Are you keeping the trains at 7 long for capacity reasons? I think you should keep the wood coaster however I think you should get rid of the tiny yellow supports holding it up. Those would be necessary if you didn't have as many supports as you did, but since there is little distance between the supports it isn't needed. At least IMO.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

I know its been a long time but I've got some new stuff I was working on like bayview and my design

But here are some changes,

Spirit is now named High Anxiety, thought this was suited since the thing is over 200ft

IDM is fully supported an I've posted the layout below

New coaster is anounced, its a 4D but thats all I can tell atm

A lot of buildings have go up as part of some themeing around the entire park, and we've also installed a boomerang

Buildings.jpg.82f5ca5d53d95774cef2b882cbc8ae87.jpg

1495719351_Cornerbuilding.jpg.d2d4110de828517563668aef4700783d.jpg

82741525_Kishinfulllayout.jpg.890d05224353431299cf8b56dbd6f6d3.jpg

Wow! Fantastic work!! I really love the architecture and colors you put into this park. Even though you didn't use any colorful plants in the last couple of screens, the color of rides and buildings is just the right amount needed. Besides,the main attraction of your park IS the rides and you really make them pop. The buildings aren't overdone to where the guests would focus on the buildings instead of the rides, but they're still noticed of course. Great job!

Are you keeping the trains at 7 long for capacity reasons? I think you should keep the wood coaster however I think you should get rid of the tiny yellow supports holding it up. Those would be necessary if you didn't have as many supports as you did, but since there is little distance between the supports it isn't needed. At least IMO.

Catwalks don't get supported by the track supports. They are suspended from I beam frames from the top of the track. (Hence the OP's use of them)

The only thing I dont like about the new stuff is that I wish you would make some kind of new boomerang concept. It is cool how you made the steep lifts, but anyone can(and has) made boomerangs. You are such a conceptual park maker that you could make something really uniue inspired by a boomerang or something. No huge deal either way, because it still looks good, but if possible that is my suggestion.

Well to be short on this I wanted to keep some things realistic, like I have the eurofighter, the hyper, the boomerang and the accelerator, all the rest of the coasters are concepts. Just look at ultraball, the new ride, Kishin Gari, Iron butterfly, these are all concepts so I wanted some real life rides aswell to keep that realsim level a bit on standards

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!

HIGH ANXIETY will never be the same,

I always felt the layout missed a specific element in its layout and ever since I've build that huge hyper coaster who took me a lifetime to support and do stuff with its surroundings I've never stopped thinking about what it was missing, and last week I was struck by a lightning bolt of inspiration and I knew the answer to my question, it needed a HAMMERHEAD TURN!!!

I was way too fond of the sexy turnaround that can be seen in the first screen ever of this beast so I thought by myself where can I put this, then another lightening bolt hit me! I've always felt the part after the MCBR was a tad short in comparison to the kick-@$$ first part of the layout so I completely redesigned the part after the MCBR, with succes because the ride interacts better with its surroundings, its longer and more realistic towards the end of the ride and has an even better flow than what I had before. So now TPLA's hyper has a hammerhead turn and a sexy turnaround, the result of the changes are in the screen below.

I hope you like it because it caused me a lot of trouble to get it right and I just think its looks way too cool not to keep it

Enjoy

1579781251_Newlayout.jpg.0b384d5a6c1f240767779a8ed4d80a52.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is currently dead in the water at 90%.

I have a serious case of error trappers in the park and I can't seem to fix them so this park is currently cancelled, I'm sorry for anyone who was anticipating this to be finished but this won't be a reality until I get it fixed

-BelgianGuy-