TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Did anybody in this thread go to Winterfest 2021 at Six Flags Over Texas. I saw that Alabama Adventure had presented, but I didn't know if anything juicy was brought up during the presentation, hinting at when they would add a new coaster or something, kind of like during the Winter Chill Out event in 2019. 

• 1 month later...

Well, Clementon Park is going to auction. Something tells me that we will see at least a couple attractions from that park make their way to Alabama Adventure. There isn't much that I could see being at this park, however I do see them potentially getting that Ferris Wheel or Carousel, or I'd even like to see them get that Zamperla Samba Tower for the park's kiddie area. I also wouldn't mind seeing them get that Torpedo Rush slide tower from Clementon Park. I know it they both just have vertical layouts, which seems redundant with Freefall, but I feel like if they put it over by Rocket Racer, then it would be fine, especially since they have the drop boxes. Plus that slide tower is only a couple years older than their new Rocket Racer complex. Just something to talk about since this park does tend to get a lot of their attractions from other park auctions. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1465749595_AlabamaAdventure.thumb.jpg.0ace43e6aeb119123e612483f4c8ffed.jpg1155948004_AlabamaAdventure3.thumb.jpg.5bed525240c4363d29c2473a9fc4ae12.jpg1890348953_AlabamaAdventure2.thumb.jpg.43be3a442500f1a41307992b7caa2c8a.jpg

Some pretty cool news from Alabama Adventure. As many of you know, they are adding Rocket Racers for the 2021 season, a WhiteWaterWest mat racing slide. This slide will be added at the former site of the log flume and ferris wheel, just behind the Splash Island kiddie area and the high dive area. As we've seen in previous construction updates from the park, they are repainting buildings in that area and redoing pavement in that area. Another great change is coming to the park. They are moving the entrance of the waterpark down main street so that guests will enter the waterpark near Splash Island, making it to where it will make the Rocket Racer seem a little less detached from the rest of the waterpark since guests will be entering rather close to it. I am actually a huge fan of this new change. It brings the entrance of the waterpark closer to the real entrance of the dry park. I think this change will bring more foot traffic to the dry park since there may be guests that don't realize that the dry park has been reopened. It is little changes like that that I wouldn't have even thought of that I love. I believe that this will be a huge year for the park and I feel like 2022 will bring both an addition to the dry park and the waterpark. I feel like we'll finally see a thrilling flat ride added to the dry park for 2022 as well as maybe a smaller slide complex built in the same area as Rocket Racer.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a lot of the slide pieces are in place for Rocket Racer. What we can see in the photograph looks great, but what I'm really excited for is how dressed up the area is getting! Love seeing all these improvements at Alabama Adventure and Splash Adventure. 

Alabama Adventure 4.jpg

• 1 month later...

^I think any new coaster would be amazing here.  But a Raptor clone or a small Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter (like Tantrum at SFDL) would especially be perfect.  I'd even settle for a GG family woodie! ;)

I have a feeling within the next year or 3 we will see a major dry ride addition at this park.  I have loved watching this park come back to life and grow each year.

The park does seem to be off to a great start attendance wise. Seems like every post on Facebook people talk about the crowds and the park recently announced they will be capping attendance on Saturdays and if the park reaches that capacity they will only allow season pass holders and people that purchased tickets at least 24 hours in advance into the park.

• Like 2

I think the fact that they are making their largest investment yet in this year, the year that we are starting to come out of a pandemic that wrecked a LOT of theme park expansion, shows that they have been successful in making the park profitable once more. A used waterslide may not seem like a huge investment, but they are completely rebuilding a section of the park that was previously in horrendous shape. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well looks like Alabama Adventure and Splash Adventure might be getting a new attraction for the 2022 season! Big ole' *might.* I have a feeling the chances are good since they are posting online that they may be getting a new attraction. For the reference, they posted a pic of their new commercial shoot and said they are excited to show off their improvements for the 2022 season. I think if anything, it will be a new ride for the dry park. 

2021-08-05.png

• 1 month later...

Could Alabama Adventure be adding something large for the 2022 season? They posted this image on their Facebook page of the former site of Zoomerang with the caption "What's going on here??" Given their history, a waterpark attraction would seem most likely. However, this is on the complete opposite side of the park from the waterpark, so I think we are going to see a dry park attraction. Plus it has to be something large to get people to want to trek up that hill. 

Alabama Adventure 2022.jpg

• Like 1

Gonna get yourself hyped only to be disappointed again? Haha, I am just playing. Opposite from the waterpark does suggest a dry park addition. A coaster seems like a long shot given the park's history, but any dry park addition is probably a good thing there.

Just curious, why did they get rid of their boomerang in 2011?

They do appear to be hinting at some sort of “big” new ride:

A couple of years ago at an ACE event they did mention they were looking into a new coaster and a couple of examples they mentioned as possibilities were a GG family wooden coaster and a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter.

AA7BDDDD-3DBE-471F-9CF7-3415F9EDD2E1.jpeg

19D8011C-B8BA-4BCC-9FAB-D4B7DB763C4C.jpeg

CC1F57E5-C614-4E12-A77C-1FF2EF012FE1.jpeg

AD84288C-0E46-486C-BF01-DD2C8644C3D5.jpeg

I wonder if there are any coasters that have just closed or coasters that were intended for other parks that were cancelled that could potentially be on the market for them. I recall a while back they had hinted about a new attraction in a comments section saying something along the lines of "it depends on a few factors" in regards to a potential new attraction. I wonder if they were striking a deal to buy a used coaster or a coaster that was cancelled or something. 

Well that other Raptor that was supposed to go to South Dakota still might need a new home...

Whatever it is, really excited for this since it seems like this park always needed a little help on the dry rides side of things, and this park sea to have gone through the ringer to boot. Good for the for stepping up and investing in the aftermath of COVID

8 minutes ago, swfan1988 said:

Well that other Raptor that was supposed to go to South Dakota still might need a new home...

Whatever it is, really excited for this since it seems like this park always needed a little help on the dry rides side of things, and this park sea to have gone through the ringer to boot. Good for the for stepping up and investing in the aftermath of COVID

I didn't even think about that! I was also thinking about the cancelled wooden shuttle coaster that Gravity Group was gonna build for Dorney Park! I think I like the idea of the Raptor more. I mean who knows? This may just be a major thrill ride, but I wouldn't rule out a roller coaster. 

11 hours ago, LegendLover said:

I didn't even think about that! I was also thinking about the cancelled wooden shuttle coaster that Gravity Group was gonna build for Dorney Park! I think I like the idea of the Raptor more. I mean who knows? This may just be a major thrill ride, but I wouldn't rule out a roller coaster. 

My gut says the Dorney coast is irrelevant for two reasons: 1) I am not ruling out Cedar Fair delaying the coaster a year or two rather than outright canceling it and 2) I don't think the costs for an abandoned wooden roller coaster project are nearly as high since there isn't the same level of track fabrication. There is the design costs, of course, but at the end of the day you order lumber and supplies as needed and build the ride. I'm not sure there would be some huge discount for this park to take advantage of in a case like that. 

I like the South Dakota RMC Raptor suggestion a lot better. If RMC had any of that track actually fabricated, there would be a heck of an incentive for them to try to get it up somewhere at a discount. Plus, it would just be an awesome addition to a park like this one.  

I just love how everyone speculates that the never-even-confirmed wooden shuttle for Dorney is now "cancelled."  You can't cancel something that was never necessarily planned to begin with LOL.