TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Does Rampage have 1 or 2 trains?

It has two trains, but only one was sent to PTC. Don't know if/when they plan on sending the second train.

Did they ever get the ride open? I assume their season ends soon.

No it never opened (they ended the season on September 1st.) They are supposed to be having an event for ACE members at the end of October and Rampage is supposed to be running then.

Sorry, trying to get caught up on Rampage. Did they change the layout at all, or just fix it up and bring it back up to operating?

There were no changes to the layout. Dan got somebody that used to be on Holiday World's maintenance team to re-track the ride. All they really did is just replace the top two layers, which sorta has me worried since the ride has been sitting for so long. You'd think a complete re-track would have been ideal, given how long the ride has been out of operation. I guess we'll find out how well the ride holds up!

Sorry, trying to get caught up on Rampage. Did they change the layout at all, or just fix it up and bring it back up to operating?

There were no changes to the layout. Dan got somebody that used to be on Holiday World's maintenance team to re-track the ride. All they really did is just replace the top two layers, which sorta has me worried since the ride has been sitting for so long. You'd think a complete re-track would have been ideal, given how long the ride has been out of operation. I guess we'll find out how well the ride holds up!

Well think of it, that's almost ideal. When a ride is operational you have a multi-ton train bashing into the track nearly continually. When it's SBNO there are no extreme external forces to damage the ride.

This was only SBNO for maybe a maximum of 2 years before re-track work started, so really a light re-tracking was all that was needed. Most wooden coasters sit for 6-8 months without a train running its tracks and without daily maintenance on them so I can imagine that 2 years really would of been nothing for the coaster. It's when it goes 5, 10, 20 years without maintenance and that's when things can start deteriorating.

It also helps that the coaster is in Alabama, with its fairly warm winters. Doesn't have to deal with the harsh winter stress most northern wooden coasters go through during the winter.

In reality, Dan came in at the right time cause given it a couple more years of just standing and things probably would of reached a point where a more expensive re-tracking would of been needed, and probably new trains since the old owners just left them sitting out on the track.

There's still a lot the Koch family has to do to clean this park up. Really hoping they can revive the Wild River Gorge and Woodchuck Run as I believe those are still standing on the property. Both of those rides should still be in fairly decent condition and as far as I'm aware, no one bought the parts for those two rides either. Just too bad that Buzzsaw Falls never went past a year of operation. I don't remember exactly what happened to that, but did someone end up buying it after it went waterpark only?

In reality, Dan came in at the right time cause given it a couple more years of just standing and things probably would of reached a point where a more expensive re-tracking would of been needed, and probably new trains since the old owners just left them sitting out on the track.

One train was left in the station. The other one (the one refurbished by PTC) had been in the maintenance shop since the 2010-2011 off season.

There's still a lot the Koch family has to do to clean this park up. Really hoping they can revive the Wild River Gorge and Woodchuck Run as I believe those are still standing on the property. Both of those rides should still be in fairly decent condition and as far as I'm aware, no one bought the parts for those two rides either. Just too bad that Buzzsaw Falls never went past a year of operation. I don't remember exactly what happened to that, but did someone end up buying it after it went waterpark only?

Buzzsaw Falls was purchased by Schlitterbahn and was built in their new park. They also purchased many of the parts (pumps, augers, belts, etc.) for both Wild River Gorge and Woodchuck Run.

Buzzsaw Falls was purchased by Schlitterbahn and was built in their new park. They also purchased many of the parts (pumps, augers, belts, etc.) for both Wild River Gorge and Woodchuck Run.

The Kansas City one?

Thought you guys might like to see what updates Dan has on Rampage as of late. Basically, if you want to know the latest, follow Dan on Twitter (@SplashinDan).

Daniel Koch @SplashinDan · Oct 4

The chain isn't here yet. 2 months late. It'll be here soon. 10 days it arrives. Customs delayed the chain.We get it going soon! We got it!

Daniel Koch @SplashinDan · Oct 10

We are getting it done. Rampage rules! # SplashAdventutre

BzmNvtkIcAAPrXy.jpg

Daniel Koch @SplashinDan · Oct 10

Ready to ride!!

BzmivWTIQAAQ43J.jpg:large

Daniel Koch @SplashinDan · 23 hours ago

Woo hoo! Love the Rampage!

Bzr1DAjIgAAVDEr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...