TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Man.... that is a lot of hard work. And they ripped it all up. I wonder if RMC is doing this. But, Gravity Group could be doing it since Dan Koch has delt with them before.

The Gravity Group is a design firm that specializes in wooden coaster design. The don't manufacturer the rides they design, like GCI does. Alan Schilke designs the rides for RMC, then they construct the rides. TGG could have very well consulted the park on what needs to be replaced and what needs to be fixed, but as for the actual work, the park probably hired an outside crew. That is cheaper for the park to do.

We already knew it was an in-house job. Unless I'm missing something, they really aren't doing much extensive work on this coaster, just replacing the top running boards and cutting back the vegetation. I'll be interested to hear what the first rides are like. Someday I hope Ozark Wildcat can come back to life with a similar refurbishment.