TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warwick Castle's Dungeon Attraction Makes 15 People Faint

In the first month since the dungeon opened, 15 people have fainted and another four have vomited, apparently due to fear.

Visitors to the medieval dungeon are greeted by fake blood and life-size models of victims on the rack. Guides demonstrate how prisoners used to have their tongues ripped out.

Sue Kemp, general manager of Warwick Castle, said: "Our first month has certainly proved that the castle dungeon isn't for the fainthearted or those of a delicate constitution."

An official commented: "If there are many more incidents like these then the dungeon will have to be toned down."

Warwick Castle was built by William the Conqueror in 1068 and used as a fortification. Some of the early prisoners were French soldiers.

During the English Civil War in the 1640s it was a parliamentarian headquarters in which senior royalists were held prisoner.

Publicity for the dungeon attraction refers to "decaying bodies, chanting monks, torture implements and execution."

Link

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously none of these people who fainted had ever been to The London Dungeon, I was selected out of the crowd for our guide to demonstrate how a tongue was ripped out, it was great, not really scary at all!!

Although there was a section dedicated to Sweeny Todd which freaked me out a bit (pitch black and you could hear him walking around behind you sharpening his blades, a bit like ExtraTerrorestrail Alien Encounter was like at Disney)

May have to go to Warwick Castle to see for myself I think.

Warwick Castle is well up there with London Dungeons!!!!

Both make HHN at Hollywood and Orlando combined look like children's playgrounds.

Visit either London Dungeons or Warick Castle for a proper scary night out. Do not even consider doing this for halloween... The price hike and four hour long queues can be as scary as inside the attraction.

Doesn't the US do anything like this???

If not...1 point to the British.

^ Hell Houses, right? Are they as disturbing as they sound to me?

I think we only have the more typical Haunted Houses in the Northwest.

Everybody where I'm from goes to one.

They're always talking about how scary it is and all.

It's disturbing in the sense that it is mind-numbing and idiotic. I haven't been to one, it just sounds that way.

Personally, I agree that people shouldn't be scared into Christianity or any religion...just my views.

Anyway, I think this is getting some nice publicity for the castle.

It's a pretty big, creepy tourist attraction already, though.