TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR for HP 6/21 and 6/22, Dorney Park 6/23

Okay so before I post any info, I'm gonna post a little quizzy thingey. The winner receives a great sense of pride and accomplishment and maybe some confusion.

How many times did I ride Sidewinder?

Did I enjoy Storm Runner the first time I rode it?

Does Great Bear beat Alpengeist for me?

Is Fahrenheit my new favorite coaster?

As soon as someone guesses (right or wrong) I guess I'll post the rest. Unless of course something (or someone) prompts me to do otherwise.

Ride count (excluding Sidewinder). Had 4 hours at the park.

Storm Runner 2x

Fahrenheit 1x

Sooperdooperlooper 1x

Great Bear 1x

I'll post pictures when I get home... laptop isn't smart enough to handle pictures.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so before I post any info, I'm gonna post a little quizzy thingey. The winner receives a great sense of pride and accomplishment and maybe some confusion.

How many times did I ride Sidewinder?

Did I enjoy Storm Runner the first time I rode it?

Does Great Bear beat Alpengeist for me?

Is Fahrenheit my new favorite coaster?

As soon as someone guesses (right or wrong) I guess I'll post the rest. Unless of course something (or someone) prompts me to do otherwise.

Ride count (excluding Sidewinder). Had 4 hours at the park.

Storm Runner 2x

Fahrenheit 1x

Sooperdooperlooper 1x

Great Bear 1x

I'll post pictures when I get home... laptop isn't smart enough to handle pictures.

Your post is pretty stupid. Guessing games are not what people come to this site for. But if you say Great Bear beat Alpengeist, I hope a kitten poops on your face while you sleep.

It is stupid, I'm just trying to be a little fun. Oh well.

Anyhow, onto the TR.

Arrived and went to Sidewinder.

I was a bit nervous about this one, then I blacked out a couple seconds.. don't remember anything about the second lift, just kinda sat there blankly.

Needless to say I frickin love this thing. It was smooth until the brakes

After I got off the second time, the train went to the top, and stopped and didn't move at all. It sat there about 20 minutes. I broke it

Then to Storm Runner. I hated it the first time. Intamin must have gotten bored with the ending and designed squiggles. Then I had been stapled, so on any airtime I got my legs jammed into the part covering your lap.

Then to Fahrenheit, which is my new favorite coaster. This is just simply an unbeatable experience. I would have ridden again and again but the line was about 45 minutes. The first drop... oh my heavens Then the quick hill before the brakes (not going into the brakes) throws you.

Now to Sooperdooperlooper. I was NOT expecting much out of this at all. I actually expected it to be rough. I was really pleasantly shocked. I love Sooperdooperlooper. The lapbar only is quite an experience. Circle loops may be a flaw of engineering, but goshdarn are they fun! Amazing layout, smooth as butter... yadda yadda

Great Bear next. I didn't care much for this.. expected it to be longer. It was forceless.. layout was neat. It was smooth, but it vibrated a lot. I loved the Zero-G roll, that thing is just indescribable.

Then back to Sidewinder. Awesome as usual. Storm Runner was a little better, but that ending just sucks. I'm sorry. It's an awesome coaster, but the ending is too choppy.

So overall-

Sidewinder 6x

Storm Runner 2x

Sooperdooperlooper 1x

Great Bear 1x

Fahrenheit 1x

Maybe all the Anaconda rides have made me immune to headbanging or something... but I didn't ever get a single hit to the head on Sidewinder. So to all of you who say it's rough... where do you sit? I sat first row in car 2, 3, 4, and 5. Never once banged my head.

Maybe all the Anaconda rides have made me immune to headbanging or something... but I didn't ever get a single hit to the head on Sidewinder. So to all of you who say it's rough... where do you sit? I sat first row in car 2, 3, 4, and 5. Never once banged my head.

Must've been, cuz if anything Sidewinder is one of the rougher Boomerangs around

^^^ Yes, photos will come when I get home. My laptop doesn't comply with a camera too well....

^^It's my first Boomerang.. and if it's one of the rougher ones.. bring on the rest!!!!

So total ride count for Hersheypark-

Sidewinder x10

Storm Runner x5

Fahrenheit x2

Sooperdooperlooper x2

Great Bear x2

Lightning Racer x2 (one on each side)

Wild Mouse x1

Wildcat x1

Comet x2

Trailblazer x2

Roller Soaker... only missed credit

Claw x1

Sidewinder was exceptional as usual. Only on the 10th ride did I get my head banged, and I was sitting in the back so that's probably why.

Storm Runner had to grow on me. I hated it at first, but that launch has got some massive powah! I love all of the ride except the choppy jerky turns before the brakes.

Fahrenheit reigns as my 3rd favorite coaster. It's just simply breathtaking going vertically up into the sky.. then plunging over past vertical. Those corkscrews are unforgiving..

Great Bear was MUCH better. I sat in the very back, the best part has to be either the Zero-G Roll or flying over the river by SDL. Still a "meh" coaster. No forces.

Lightning Racer. GCI makes an awesome coaster. This makes Rebel Yell look like complete crap. It also made me feel fat. When I went on Lightning, Thunder won.. when I went on Thunder, Lighting won. It's smooth, twisty, and fast-paced. Towards the end it slows down just a little too much.

Wild Mouse. This is my favorite wild mouse coaster. None of the trims before any of the main turns were on. It's hilly, amazing speed on the turns. Just overall fun.

I rode Wildcat with some random guy who forgot about his hat. Went flying off. Thank god we were in the last car. This thing is awesome, except for one spot that threw me so that I was laying all over him, it's simply great. Millennium Flyers = the best thing wooden coasters have seen.

Comet is great. That single-position lapbar.. aiiiirtimeeeeee. It's got a neat layout. It's also got one of the best S-Curves on a coaster I've ever seen. The lift hill I also had quite an interesting experience on this. Probably not the best idea to post it where everyone can read. If you care to know (or are just a nosy-posey person) PM me I guess.

Trailblazer is good to be so old. Only parts are when Arrow thought it would be smart to having banking during the bottom of a hill. Ouch. Slammed my hips into that unforgiving metal bar.

Claw just sucks. Seats and restraints are very uncomfortable, the cycle is too short, and that good stuff.

Dorney Park!

This park is a diamond in the rough. It's got some amazing coasters.. just not necessarily the best-riding, however.

I may be going back tomorrow, but this is what my current ride count is.

Steel Force x5

Talon x4

Hydra x3

Possessed x2

Thunderhawk x1

Wild Mouse x1

Meteor x1

Dominator Shot Tower Side x1

Steel Force. Morgan knows how to make a Hyper and they know how to make a damn good one. The lapbar doesn't click enough to fit me, so over every single hill I was flung out. That helix screams "Gggggggggssssssss". This moseyed its way into my Numbah 2 spot.

Talon. This is my number one coaster. The experience, intensity, and everything else is just unparalleled! I sat in the back row, left seat all 4 times. Just everything about this ride kicks butt. It never lets up. One you get off that lift you don't ever have a chance to catch your breath til you hit the brakes.

Hydra shouldn't be associated with B&M... It would be such a great coaster, and be better than Dominator if it didn't shake so frickin much! I was shaken about and it just vibrated throughout. Sat everywhere, front, middle, back. The layout is just killer. That Inclined Dive Loop is weird, but has a very cool effect.

Possessed is all right. I don't consider it a Top 10, though. Do the holding brakes usually make a really loud squealing noise? Once it stops finally, this really loud squeaking noise starts until you stop in the station. The vertical twist is nice, and the rise to the vertical spike is pretty forceful.

Thunderhawk. Ugh. Worst coaster I've ever ridden. Need proof? I'll take a picture of where my arm slammed into the side and has a huge bruise. Just every element of this ride was brutal. Beat me to death. Enough said.

Wild Mouse sucks. It's just painful. Every turn put me into that metal bar. Ouch. You constantly bump around in the car.. slam into the lapbar.. etc. Now wild mice brakes usually slam, but this one pushes it. Stops in about a second, pretty frequently.

Meteor is amazing. Got on, saw "ZAMPERLA" on the restraint, freaked out, but loved it. It's dizzying and just all around great.

Dominator.. I was terrified of. Never been launched vertically. Right before launch I yelled "I HATE YOU STAN CHECKITTS!!". But it was very very tame. I expected it to be so powerful, but it was kinda just like rolling up the hill.

Steel Force. Morgan knows how to make a Hyper and they know how to make a damn good one. The lapbar doesn't click enough to fit me, so over every single hill I was flung out. That helix screams "Gggggggggssssssss". This moseyed its way into my Numbah 2 spot

Please tell me what ride this, because it defiantly is not Steel Force. Morgan hypers are usually very tame, and every time I've been on Steel Force I've never got airtime near to as close as you explained it.

Wow. Does the lapbar touch your legs? Mine didn't. Only place I didn't get airtime was in the middle. Other than that it was amazing. The MCBR took off just a little, so it was such an insane ride. I was outta my seat over every hill until we reached the bottom.

Wow. Does the lapbar touch your legs? Mine didn't. Only place I didn't get airtime was in the middle. Other than that it was amazing. The MCBR took off just a little, so it was such an insane ride. I was outta my seat over every hill until we reached the bottom.

I'm also always confused when people say there's no air. I was also flung out of my seat on the hills. Mostly the bunny hills at the end. Glad you had a good time.

I've ridden Steel Force quite a few times and always had good air, especially in the back on the first drop. Also, call me weird, but I kinda would rather have had a retracked Hercules opposed to that crap they call Hydra. Never seen much in it???

I'm also always confused when people say there's no air. I was also flung out of my seat on the hills. Mostly the bunny hills at the end. Glad you had a good time.

Because there really isn't any.....only 2 or 3 hills at the end with halfway decent air. I was just on it last week, I really do not know what any of you are talking about.

Thunderhawk. Ugh. Worst coaster I've ever ridden. Need proof? I'll take a picture of where my arm slammed into the side and has a huge bruise. Just every element of this ride was brutal. Beat me to death. Enough said.

To each his own, I guess. I was there two weeks ago, rode Thunderhawk in the front seat and loved it!

To be fair, I will say that my BF didn't like it either. I was getting ejector air at the top of every hill and although there were a few rough spots, it was definitely more fun than what I expected. Perhaps that I anticipated it was going to suck, it took me by surprise? Funny how that works sometimes...

Steel Force however did not impress me much. I thought it was rough in the back and the front was just mehhh....kinda boring really. I was expecting air on the second hill and didn't catch much of anything. The bunny hills in the back were about as rough as the one's on Magnum. Much as I was anticipating this one, I felt it was the coaster at the park that did not live up to my expectations.

Steel Force. Morgan knows how to make a Hyper and they know how to make a damn good one. The lapbar doesn't click enough to fit me, so over every single hill I was flung out. That helix screams "Gggggggggssssssss". This moseyed its way into my Numbah 2 spot

Please tell me what ride this, because it defiantly is not Steel Force. Morgan hypers are usually very tame, and every time I've been on Steel Force I've never got airtime near to as close as you explained it.

Im with you dude. Steel Forceless is one of the worst hypers around IMO.