TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Celebrities and Athletes you've met...

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Just like on TV.

It was a bit strange talking to a celebrity about diabetes, but Delta was at the fair to promote a new medication for treatment of it (and she's diabetic as well).

On another note, Delta's husband, actor Gerald McRaney was also there and I met him as well. I didn't get a picture with him, but did chat for a few minutes.

I know a few people who get all giddy when they meet someone famous. If you just approach calmly like you're meeting any "regular" person, you'll do fine.

Eric

I saw Eddie Griffin City Walk in Orlando. And my parents saw Shaq at Hard Rock Seminole. My step-mom almost ran into him and had to look way up to see who it was! (She's 5' 2") Then when my dad told her who it was, she yelled "Whose Shaq?" I don't know if Shaq heard her though.

In the early 90s (I think) my neighbor's cousin married John Volstad (a/k/a the Other Brother Darryl) from the show Newhart. They got married in Gadsden. Also in the wedding, and who I met and got pictures with, were:

William Sanderson ("Larry" and who now plays Sheriff Dearborn on True Blood, awesome)

Tony Papenfuss ("Darryl"), and

Linda Hamilton.

I have pictures somewhere that I need to scan. Those are the only celebrities I've met so far.

^I'm SO jealous! I really hope he was nice to you!

I didn't technically meet Rob Zombie, but about 10 years ago I was in Muskegon, MI over Thanksgiving. We got back to our hotel, and as I was walking in the door, Rob Zombie and one of his body guards were getting on the elevator. I stopped in my tracks and had a "whoa" moment. I was young so I didn't know what to do. I was just in awe that he was at the same hotel as us.

I did meet Phil Stacey from AI, and Chris Young (who was on Nashville Star). Both of them are really nice guys and I had about a 5 - 10 minute chat with both of them. I also saw Tom Bergeron at a Starbucks in Marina Del Rey and Shaq at Knotts.

• 3 months later...

ALMOST got to meet Steve Martin today, and it's pretty funny how!!!

Today, junior and senior students at my school in the art magnet (I go to a magnet school, with three magnets [basically majors] art, science, law) went to the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum in Kansas City, about 3.5 hours away. Steve Martin was there! He has some show, Midland by AMC or something like that tonight in KC. How cool is that?!?!

Many students got to see him. Unfortunately, I didn't

I got my picture taken with Joe Grahe and Bryan Harvey in 1990 when they both played for the Angels and some fans were allowed on the field before the game. I also talked to Bobby Grich for a few seconds at a game in 2006, when my mother and I went to a game and he was in the elevator at the same time. I also have autographed baseballs from Howie Kendrick and Rex Hudler.

I have an autographed picture and autographed poster of Pat Benatar which she signed for me when my friend and I went backstage at some of her concerts in 2003 and an autographed ticket stub from when we went backstage in 2001. We were huge fans and saw so many of her concerts that we got to know her manager and he started letting us backstage once in a while. Each of us got our picture taken with her too. My friend and I also saw Doug Flutie at a Pat Benatar concert in 2002, but didn't approach him. He appeared to be with his family and we didn't want to bother him.

Edited by austinlee

I met Tod Hollandsworth on the Cleveland Indians, on the field. I won a competition and got an autographed ball and a handshake.

I play baseball with him now. He's in a Men's Senior league in Chicago when he isn't doing color commentary in the studio.

A mate of mine is the new bassist for Lost Alone.

About 2 years ago I met the Bassist & Drummer from Biffy Clyro at a bar after being dragged along to see an unsigned band I had never heard of. Turns out they were the support act for Biffy a few years ago and they turned up to show their support. Never saw the singer though.

I met Tod Hollandsworth on the Cleveland Indians, on the field. I won a competition and got an autographed ball and a handshake.

I play baseball with him now. He's in a Men's Senior league in Chicago when he isn't doing color commentary in the studio.

Heh, and he's the nephew of one of my mom's good friends. I have an autographed card addressed "To Luke" from his days with the Dodgers. I always enjoyed following him around, and was glad when he got a ring with the Marlins.

I have a knack for getting bowled into by athletes, although that doesn't really lend itself to having a real conversation with them. I went to high school with Javon Ringer, who went to Michigan St. and is now behind Chris Johnson and LenDale White on the Titans. He knocked me down in the hallway while trying to get to class on time (he did stop to help me up and make sure he didn't break me). Later that year, Derrick Brown nearly knocked me over chasing a basketball out of our school gym during the team's practice (he also went to CJ, then Xavier, and is now finishing up his rookie year with the Charlotte Bobcats). And while visiting the Olympic training facility in Colorado in '95 (I think), Sherryl Swoops opened a door into me.

This came up in conversation recently, but I met the guy who plays the voice of Jack in the Box at one point.

On one of my video game projects we were meeting with this ad agency about doing TV commercials for the game and one of the dudes from the agency "sounded really familiar..."

So the meeting carried on and we talked about a bunch of stuff and they started going through their portfolio to which Jack in the Box came up and the dude was all "Yeah, and I play the voice of Jack..."

And then it clicked.

So yeah, not someone really "famous" but at the same time I'm pretty sure EVERYONE in So. Cal has heard the guy's voice at some point!

--Robb

I see a number of celebrities through work, and it's cool, but I'm much more numb to it now than I used to be. However, a few weeks ago in Phoenix, I totally flipped out when I met the Excellence of Execution himself, Bret "Hitman" Hart.

hart.jpg.536ffc16cc5134dd4d8affd9a8dbda39.jpg

I don't follow wrestling anymore, but when I was a little kid I regularly dressed like this around the house. The best nostalgic celebrity meet there is, the best nostalgic celebrity meet there was and the best nostalgic celebrity meet there every will be...for me at least.