TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Celebrities and Athletes you've met...

I don't know if this counts, but I used to be really close friends with the brother of Chloe Moretz, the girl who plays Mindy Macready/Hit-Girl in the movie Kick-Ass. The Moretz's used to live about twenty minutes from my house, and they went to my church for a really long time, so I played with her and her brothers every once in a while before they moved to California. So, in a way, I kinda knew her before she got famous.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Famous People I’ve Met

Met:

David Copperfield

James Taylor

Ron Santo (Chicago Cubs Player)

Rusty Wallace (Funny story, I was 7 or 8, and I walked up to him after he had finished his breakfast and was getting ready to leave at Bojangles Chicken and asked for his autograph. He looked me square in the eyes and told me to f**k off... Nice, huh? )

Hut Strickland (former NASCAR driver)

Buckshot Jones (former NASCAR driver)

Bobby Alison (NASCAR)

Kyle Petty (NASCAR)

Kate Gosselin (she was actually really nice!!!)

Tamara Tunie (Soap opera star)

Daphnie Reid (from Fresh Prince)

Julie Johnson (voice of Baby Bop on “Barnie”)

Earl and Dave Hebner (WWE Refs)

Patton Oswalt

Pat McGee Band

John Fiedler (voice of Piglet)

Rudy Boesch (original Survivor cast member)

Pat Carol (voice of Ursula the Sea Witch from Disney’s The Little Mermaid)

Original Broadway cast of The Full Monty

Seen but not met:

Bea Arthur (Golden Girls fame)

Sarah Jessica Parker

Sarah Palin

Corbin Bleu (from High School Musical)

Sammy Sosa (former Chicago Cubs player)

There's probably more in there... That's just all that I can remember off the top of my head.

• 1 month later...

Met Teresa Giudice from Real Housewives of New Jersey the other day in Paramus at a Book Signing. The one who flipped a table and recently filed for bankruptcy because her ridiculous overspending (for example - in the first episode, they showed her spending 120,000 dollars on furniture, and paying for all of it in cash) got her 11 million dollars in debt. She asked where I came from, I was like New York. Shes like Oh Wow, where abouts? I said Albany (Capital of NY State?). She gave me a blankstare and I awkwardly said after a few moments "upstate" which she seemed to understand..

I met Nick Canon at Universal Studious Orlando about a month ago. I'm not a big fan so i wasn't too excited, but it was still cool to meet him. I also met John Gruden (former coach of the Tampa Bay bucs) at Busch Gardens Tampa a few years back.

Was in the NBA Store in New York City a few months ago and saw the Human Highlight Film, Dominique Wilkins. Besides Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson, he was one of the best players in the 80's and early 90's...him and MJ had some epic dunk contest battles.

Back in 2008, I met Dream Theater and Opeth at their concert. I only got my picure taken with Mike Portnoy of DT because he was having an autograph session at a nearby music store. Didn't get to talk to him much as there was a huge line of people waiting for autographs/photo ops. I also met Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth as he was just standing outside the theater next to the tourbus signing stuff and chatting with fans. Got to talk with him more than I did with Portnoy.

Seen but not met, too many.

06-05-08_1735.jpg.4667aa25d890e25cae8d62d22e2d208f.jpg

Me and Portnoy.

06-05-08_1808.jpg.02e484cc98a8743608533c0f3b04f22b.jpg

Me and Akerfeldt.

Not too many...

-Jeb Bush (Met him at the Florida Quarter ceremony when he was still governor)

-Steven Anthony Lawrence (Even Stevens, he was signing autographs at Wild Adventures)

-Eric Bloom (Blue Oyster Cult, after concert)

-Rudy Sarzo (He was also signing autographs with BOC, since hes playing bass for them now)

-Just about every driver on the Monster Jam circuit

-Fall Out Boy (They were signing autographs at Darien Lake, before they became insanely popular)

-Howie Dorough

Edited by Band-Aid

Um, a lot of mine are British stage actors that no-one will have heard of, but, whatever

Met:

Diablo Cody on the 2008 Behemoth Trip. It counts

Ben Cohen (ex-England Rugby player and general FITTY)

Jason Donovan (of Neighbours and crappy Pop fame)

Oliver Thornton (British stage actor from Priscilla)

Tony Sheldon (Australian stage actor, from Priscilla as well)

Sheridan Smith (British actor from British shows like Two Pints of Lager, met her starring in Legally Blonde The Musical)

Daniel Boys (from British reality show Any Dream Will Do, and was in Avenue Q at the time)

Julie Atherton (again, from Avenue Q, but, a singer in her own right)

Alan Moore (wrote the graphic novel of V for Vendetta and a LOT else, lives on a street in my town)

Louis Walsh (a judge from UK's X Factor, our Idol. Odd story, stumbled on him in a gay club in London...)

Seen close (ie, not just at a concert) but not met:

Johnny Depp

Tim Burton

Helena Bonham Carter

Matt Lucas

Alan Rickman

Anne Hathaway

Mia Wasikowska (ps, NO prizes for guessing what premier I saw them all at )

Gale Porter (UK TV presenter)

Hardeep Singh Kohli (another UK TV presenter, see quite a few of them wondering around London)

Meatloaf

Britney Spears

• 2 weeks later...

Through a series of interesting circumstances, I hung out with Kenny Ryan of the Windsor Spitfires hockey team (currently at Leafs training camp for the upcoming season, was 50th-overall NHL draft pick last year) for a week up at our family friends' cottage. Awesome at wakeboarding, but I kicked his ass at Mario Kart 64. Awesome guy, and I'll definitely be watching the Leafs a lot more closely in 2010-11.

I've only met a few famous people in my time. Most notably are environmentalist David Suzuki (really really nice guy, btw) and Governor-General Designate of Canada David Johnston. David Johnston is the president of the university I attended, and I had many opportunities to meet and work with him during my four years there. Just like David Suzuki, he's a really nice, approachable guy.

I've met a few smaller bands as well, like Priestess and Matt Mays + El Torpedo. I actually got to party on their tour bus after a concert. That was an interesting experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Katherine Mcphee- She was very sweet and kind.

Danity Kane - VERY sweet girls!

Ceyanne Kimball (when she was solo now she is part of the country group Gloriana) - her mom was funny!

Jump5 - it was their farewell tour - fun bunch of kids.

You may not know these people, because they're mostly Canadian, but:

-David Acker (he plays "Doubting Dave" on YTV's Mystery Hunters)

-Jack Layton (Leader of NDP, the official opposition to the Tories of Canada)

-Jennifer Seguin (she voices Caillou's mother on the kid's show Caillou)

I've also met several other politicians and I've been in the same room as the Montreal Alouettes football team.

So, not that many, not that famous.