TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Celebrities and Athletes you've met...

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've seen Kevin Rudd (Prime Minister of Australia) talking in the House of Representatives, and my mum went to the same school as Kelly Nester (newsreader on channel 9). I've also met Brendon Lade and Kane Cornes (AFL players) at my school, they sometimes come to give footy clinics.

Other than winning a backstage meet and greet to see the members of Metallica, going to a signing, or meeting someone via USO tours, I can't think of any time I have seen or met a celebrity up close in everyday life. It's weird because the assumption is that because I live in SoCal/LA, I am supposed to see 'em all the time.

Other than winning a backstage meet and greet to see the members of Metallica, going to a signing, or meeting someone via USO tours, I can't think of any time I have seen or met a celebrity up close in everyday life. It's weird because the assumption is that because I live in SoCal/LA, I am supposed to see 'em all the time.

You got to meet Metallica??? You lucky little son of a biscuit.

Never met any Celebrites, but I've seen George Bush, Dick Cheney throwing pitches at Nationals games. I've seen The All-American Rejects, and Hawthorne Heights at a concert, also Jethro Tull and The Who last year. Cool shows.

You got to meet Metallica??? You lucky little son of a biscuit.

I seem to get that reaction a lot. Heh.

My list is pretty good for a 14 year old.

Jack Nicholson at a Lakers game (sat right next to him). Spike Lee at the same Lakers game.

Walt Fraizer sat next to me on a plane. Kobe Bryant, Trevor Ariza, and Lamar Odom, Etc.

Andrew "I'm sure I'm forgetting the rest" Iorio

I work in a busy grocery store near two of our countrys finest resorts and we often see celebrities and famous people of all types from around the world. Although the only ones I've personally rang up were Tiger Woods and Richard Dreyfuss.. Causes complete chaos whenever there are sightings.

Let's see...

When I worked at Habitat for Humanity International, I saw and spoke with Millard Fuller almost every day that he was in the office...

President Jimmy and Roslyn Carter are family friends as are the kids. Their daughter, Amy, is a year younger than my sister.

Griffin Bell (former US Attorney General) was a family friend. I enjoyed talking to him as an AT&T enthusiast since he was the AG that started divestiture proceedings against them in 1978.

Former Georgia State Supreme Court Justice Thomas O. Marshall was also a family friend from my hometown.

Lt. General Jack Farris Jr. (ret.) was the Pacific Forces Commander during the Regan Administration and was my political science professor my Freshman year of college.

After a concerted effort to avoid him, I briefly met Sam Donaldson at the 75th birthday party for President Carter. He was not having one of his finest evenings after a few visits to the bar.

I was honored to be able to meet Peter Yarrow & Mary Travers from Peter Paul and Mary backstage after a concert at Atlanta's Chastain Amphitheater. Peter taught me a lot of guitar tricks that I still use today.

I've played concerts with David Osborne (pianist from Caesar's Palace), John McAndrew (singer-songwriter) and Pat Upton & The Downtown Horns.

I was in the Auburn University Symphonic Band under the direction of National Bandmaster Hall of Famer, Johnnie Vinson.

I met Steve Balmer while he was head of Operations at Microsoft. I was a support engineer at Worldspan in Atlanta at the time.

I think the celebrity that I am most happy to met recently is Diablo Cody. I don't say that just because she hangs out on TPR and has been TPR trips. I really did enjoy hers and Daniel's company on the trip. Hope to see you again soon D!

^I had bought a mustang from Jimmy Carters cousin maybe 7 years ago.

Lets see....

I got to meet the whole Atlanta Thrashers and get the whole teams autograph. Saw them at the practice facility.

I worked at the Boardwalk, and I got to see: Jessica Simpson, Samantha Brown (from the Travel channel) Gary Sinese, The band who sings the song "shout", the main guys wife from Jurassic Park, And a few others that I forget.

I saw Dan Marino's house before. And Chipper Jones lives 5 min from me.

I've seen Usher and Alyssa Milano.

Im sure there's plenty more, but I forget them.

Gordon Lightfoot - my step-dad was interviewing him, and I met him afterward.

30 Seconds to Mars - met them after one of their concerts, they liked my home made shirt.

Darryl Sittler - I'm not exactly sure how my family is involved with him, but I think someone that used to be in our family by marriage (but we're still close to) is now dating or married to him.

Stacy Kiebler - met her at a wrestling event, gave her some balloon flowers I had a clown in line make.

Hulk Hogan

Matt Hardy

Kurt Angle

Test

Edge

Tons of other wrestlers from when I was a huge wrestling fan and several of them went to visit my cousin in hospital. I still have one of their business cards actually.

Simple Plan - met them at Warped Tour in Montreal and talked to them for awhile. It was cool cause one actually took the time to chat, I think it was because I was probably the only non screaming pre-teen girl in front of their booth.

I've stood about 2ft from Tony Fernández while he was watching his son play baseball for the Toronto Maple Leafs but was too nervous to say anything.

I've also been a row behind George Stroumboulopoulos at a Jays game. My step-dad kept telling me to go tell George that he said hi, but I was too nervous (they're pretty good friends).

I'm surprised I haven't met more athletes since my step-dad is a sports reporter and he's met so many knows some pretty impressive people.

There's probably more I've seen or met, but I just cant think of them right now.