Chad Knaus

and more that I can't remember...

IndyCar Drivers

Marco Andretti

Michael Andretti

Dan Wheldon

Sam Hornish Jr.

Dario Franchetti

not a big Indy fan, so that's all I remember...

Pro Wrestlers

Road Dogg Jesse James

Maria

Scott Steiner

Kevin Nash

Sunny

Jimmy Hart

Misc.

Rod Blagoiavich (spelling?)

all members of Family Force 5

Steve Mongo McMichael

Frank Thomas

various Monster Jam drivers

Gale Sayers

Mr. Clean

All I can remember now, I may update as my memory improves

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy. Let me see....

I've met a TON of baseball players. Mostly Detroit Tigers, past & present, including:

Al Kaline

George Kell

Willie Horton

Mickey Lolich

Jim Price

Jim Northrup

Alan Trammell

Kirk Gibson

Lou Whittaker

Guillermo(Willie) Hernandez

Justin Verlander

Cecil Fielder (I remember watching his son, now Brewers slugger, Prince, run around the dugout in Detroit when he was a little kid)

... a lot more that I won't even bother listing as most of you probably never heard of them.

Some of the Tampa Bay Rays I've met:

Evan Longoria

Desmond Jennings

Matt Joyce

I've also met Barry Larkin, Ernie Harwell (he was the "Voice of the Tigers" on the radio), Sparky Anderson, Jose Lima (I was SHOCKED when he suddenly died... he was so sweet), Carl Crawford (before he deserted us for the Red Sox), Carlos Peña...

Then there's the bands/musicians...

Duran Duran

Nile Rodgers

Live

Sugar Ray

Avril Lavigne (I met her just a few months before she "broke" in the US)

a couple guys from Anberlin

OK Go

Comedians:

Carrot Top

Margaret Cho

Celebs I've seen in person but not met:

Mark Harmon

Bob Saget

I think that's it.

I saw Willford Brimley (The Diabetes guy) in D.C. once. He was having Chicken Fried Steak w/ gravy, hashbrowns, eggs (with a crap load of salsa), and a Coke...Guess his diabetes went away.

Did he remind you to eat your oat bran?

Before he was the "diabetes guy", he was the "oat brand guy" in the late 80s/early 90s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
All of the San Jose sharks, rookies as well. Apparently before Kim kardashin was a media attention wh*re, I swam in the same pool as her at the grand wailea in Maui. Greg maddux, my uncle was a pro baseball player. My brain isn't working well

Your uncle is Gerg Maddux? Really?

I shook hands and had a short conversation with Anthony Horowitz which was cool.

There's a girl at my school who I'm friends with who went to the Youth Commonwealth Games for swimming, and almost made it to the London Olympics. She's not really famous, except maybe here in Australia. Even then, not so much haha.

I also sat on a plane across from the actor who played the squid headed guy in Pirates of the Caribbean. Shows how much I care, I cant even remember his name lol

I just met Bill Murray today, and I met Jennifer Hudson a few days ago. I also met probably all the players in the Liberty Mutual golf tournament. I work at the Westin Savannah Harbor, and we have the tournament going on this week at our hotel. Lots of famous people. Bill Murray is one of the nicest people I have met. He is hilarious. I work as a Concierge, and I helped him and his group make a reservation. He was joking around the whole time, and I was laughing the whole time. I also saw at my hotel.... Newt Gingrich, Kevin Hart, Andrew Zimmern (Bizarre Foods) and Stedman (Oprah's bf). I would say Bill Murray has to be my favorite. I didn't even know he was staying at our hotel, and it was a shock to see him come up to me. Oh, he isn't technically a celebrity, but today I met the president of Gulfstream.

I have personally met and had like a 15 minute conversation with Derek Jeter, not a yankees fan so at first I did not know it was him. I met him while working at the contempo in disneyworld, during all star break 09.I have seen alot of people while working at disneyworld, i rode buzz light year with the rapper T.I's son while T.I was right behind us. also rode on tower of terror with Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. my cousin baby sat C.C sabathias son, he has a house in the same town I live in here in the bay area, so I have met and talked to him many times. I also went to school and played football and basketball with buffalo bills wide receiver Steve Johnson, we where pretty good friends, we played across from each other as wide receivers. while in high school we played against green bay packers middle line backer Lamont Bishop. there have been may more people i have see, but those are the most up close and personal one I have met

I saw Travis Barker at Disneyland about a month or so ago. It was pretty cool, I saw him in the Haunted Mansion right after the elevator and he's not hard to miss, a tall guy covered in tattoos and wearing a Famous Stars and Straps tank top. I ended up riding a couple cars over from him, definitely was the highlight of the day!

I have personally met and had like a 15 minute conversation with Derek Jeter, not a yankees fan so at first I did not know it was him. I met him while working at the contempo in disneyworld, during all star break 09.I have seen alot of people while working at disneyworld, i rode buzz light year with the rapper T.I's son while T.I was right behind us. also rode on tower of terror with Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. my cousin baby sat C.C sabathias son, he has a house in the same town I live in here in the bay area, so I have met and talked to him many times. I also went to school and played football and basketball with buffalo bills wide receiver Steve Johnson, we where pretty good friends, we played across from each other as wide receivers. while in high school we played against green bay packers middle line backer Lamont Bishop. there have been may more people i have see, but those are the most up close and personal one I have met

That's awesome for you and Jeter, the fact he got to talk to someone who didn't know who he was and the fact you got to talk to DJ!

• 2 weeks later...

Arnold Schwarzenegger - I saw him in Sacramento during the Christmas Lighting Festival in front of the Capitol.

Buzz Aldrin - I shook his hand and he signed his biography on the USS Hornet; 40th anniversary of Apollo 11

Joe Montana - I shook his hand and got a photo during the opening of the Microsoft Store in Valley Fair

It's funny that I "met" all these celebrities during events where they were the celebrity host.

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to NYC in January, and went to The Late Show with David Letterman. Dave's guests were Kathy Griffin and Simon Helberg from The Big Bang Theory. While waiting for my Dave-date to meet up with me, I saw and said hi to Pat Farmer, one of the Late Show stagehands, and asked if there'd be a new "Pat & Kenny Read Oprah Transcripts." Sadly, no, but was amazing to see the greatest face in Late Night - and also Kathy and my friend I hadn't seen for a couple years!

't s

I randomly met Al Roker from the Today Show as he was walking out of the Today Show building at the Rockefeller Center the week before Easter..I'm kicking myself for not looking at the camera! URGH!

547884_278352425581086_100002189920221_613695_1533467421_n.jpg

Before meeting Al, I was in a mob of people surrounding Nicki Minaj as she left the Today Show building. I got right up against her car! She's SO SHORT!! I didn't meet her, but I could have touched her if I wanted to be attacked by the police and guards nearby!

577385_279845118765150_100002189920221_619359_973892286_n.jpg

538769_279845602098435_100002189920221_619368_398214460_n.jpg

575769_279845715431757_2139377682_n.jpg

That's awesome for you and Jeter, the fact he got to talk to someone who didn't know who he was and the fact you got to talk to DJ!

ya it was pretty awsome, he was a pretty nice guy, he was actually talking to me like a normal person and had some interest to what i was doing working at DW. and about the college program I was doing, wish i was allowed to take photos or bust out my cell phone while on my job and snap a pic of us.

• 3 years later...

I've been doing a lot of work doing movie extra work lately. I've had the pleasure of meeting/seeing so many celebrities over the few months I've been doing it. A few highlights...

Miles Teller- Super nice guy. Was joking around with me because I was featured; and gave me a fist bump.

Jennifer Anniston

Melissa McCarthsy

Dwayne Johnson

Kevin Hart

Kevin Costner

Amy Schumer

Whole cast of Magic Mike 2 when staying at my hotel.

I should be on set with Nicholas Cage tomorrow...

Sofia Vergara- loves when she talked

My friend had a awesome experience talking to "Reek" from Game of Thrones. Can't remember his real name. But he was a super nice guy and talked to him for like 20 minutes waiting for his dinner reservation.

That's just a short list. I've got a lot more stories about being on set, and some awesome things I got to do but can't really say much till after the movie/show airs. I will say this... I got to "puke" on camera in front of some major celebrities. That was my highlight...

trim.6CA858E4-AD00-47BD-B598-2B0177A9E10C.MOV

Video of me on Vampire Diaries

Edited by edh

Nothing too exciting (although you might be surprised at how many people, however few in the scheme of things, actually would be excited), but I've met a few glam metal performers in recent years. These have mostly been through organized experiences (paid, won, or free to all), so I've gotten photos and/or signatures in most cases.

--All members of Great White (current line-up) once or more (this includes Terry Ilous from XYZ!)

--Quiet Riot (last year, with Frankie Banali being the main classic member; Jizzy Pearl is the singer)

--Bulletboys (looks like only Marq Torien has been there since the beginning)

--Jack and Robbie from Jack Russell's Great White

--Firehouse (I believe all are classic/long-term members?)

I've never had a bad experience involving an actual interaction (though timing or minor details often don't work out ideally); everyone's been admirably polite, or at least quietly cooperative.

I once met Dennis Rodman at an autograph signing not that far from my house years and years ago. I asked him if he though his Chicago Bulls number (91) would ever be retired and he said he didn't know. After that I shook his hand, so that was cool. A few years later, he ended up getting inducted in the Basketball Hall of Fame (despite the weird behavior on and off he court, he was still an amazing rebounder).

I also saw Tracy Morgan and Tyra Banks (seperately) at the first Madison Square Garden performance of the Michael Jackson Cirque De Soleil show (Immortal World Tour). I was dressed in Michael Jackson's Billie Jean outfit (like the Motown 25 performance, with the glove and all) and I caught his eye so he pointed at me and smiled. I was too shy to actually go up to speak to him, but my mom did for a minute. Tyra, on the other hand, was trying to hide herself and not be noticed.

Last August, I also met Spike Lee. Every year on Michael Jackson's birthday since his death, he holds a block party in Brooklyn to celebrate. Last year, the street where "Do The Right Thing" was filmed was also being dedicated in his honor as "Do The Right Thing Way". I got his autograph and took a selfie with him: