TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RCT pairs 2-the contest lives on

A long time ago(more than a year) I started a contest called RCT pairs, and I would like to say it was very unique then and I have still never seen anything quite like it. This time around however, the game is going to be much more democratic, so I will just explain the rules, and then we will see what happens.

Also, I will not be playing like I did last time, so it cannot be rigged.

The main game is that you must choose a partner and start a park from scratch based on a template. Each month, two coasters will be built and themed, although, you can help each other out as long as one player helps out with theming. Also, 8 cars can be used, but do not do ridiculous hacks that give you an unfair advantage.

To make this time more interesting in addition to the two coasters each month, you must add flat rides/landscaping or anything you want to make your park nice, although, as I am a player of the game(rct2 not rct pairs) I realize that is a lot to do within the time frame, so I obviously do not expect a full park done by the first date of the contest.

The map- The map this time will be quite different than last time, because I am letting competitors make maps and then have people vote for the winning map(note, you cannot vote for your own) so, if you want to play make sure you see all the maps. Submissions for the maps are due by July 1st, and people will have until July 7th(1 week) to vote for a map. For those creating a map make sure there are enough things for people to use. If people can not decide on a suitable map, then the rct pairs 1 map will be used, which can be found at the bottom of this post. Everyone must have the same level of playing field, and I think that the contest will start on July 10th, so that way you can look around the map and experiment a little, but on July 10th you must start from scratch.

Start making teams now, and an official starting date will be posted soon.

I need a few judges who are not playing, but anyone with RCT2 will do. So, if you are interesed just leave a comment saying you will judge. There will be 5 judges hopefully, including myself.

For any problems with the rules, questions about the game, or if you are in just post below good luck everyone.

BTW, here is the RCT pairs one, and a lot of the rules are very similar.

www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42389&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rct+pairs&start=110

Current Judges

1. The Ghost

2. Rckrazy06

3. Team Thriller

4.robmiester

I will start a player directory soon to make it easier for you guys to form teams.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, 8 cars can be used, but do not do ridiculous hacks that give you an unfair advantage.

Well I want to zero clerence some simple stuff, maybe a vertical lift, a merge, and of course you need to know that I hack the catwalks with the wood, or multi coaster. I don't get too far into it, but I just do stuff to help the coasters.

The map- The map this time will be quite different than last time, because I am letting competitors make maps and then have people vote for the winning map(note, you cannot vote for your own) so, if you want to play make sure you see all the maps. Submissions for the maps are due by July 1st, and people will have until July 7th(1 week) to vote for a map.

Template? I'm going to post a really good bench I use. No offense, but the scenery you pick, well its your pick. Not every one elses

Start making teams now, and an official starting date will be posted soon.

More than one member?

Ok, I'm going to put myself as open right now. If you want to work with me, then you need to send me a PM with a sample of your RCT2 Work.

Belguinguy and DBru. You guys are the people I want to ask, but your working together on your other project, so no chance there. Unless BG was serious about asking me ^-^

Also here is a pretty good workbench that you can use.

P.S - I'm active on AIM, MSN, and Skype (Skype SN - Thelegendarymatthew ). I'm online for most of the day/night , so you will probably find me. I also work with two computers, so I could be talking to you while I work on the park.

Also I recommend getting one of these so file transferring won't be a pain, because I can't get yahoo to work for me with file sending.

The WorkBench.zip

It will be in the "other" category

^ I says in the rules that you must start from scratch, so you may be able to work with BG. Also, I think we should wait for more players before deciding on teams, I know I said make teams, but I don't want one team to totally dominate because they are two of the best players on the boards. That way if we have a newcomer you can like teach them or something. Not saying that certain people cant work together, but it seems unfair if someone is pretty much going to win from the beginning.

You guys actually post below if you agree with the team rule above, or if you think it will be a free for all, what do you think judges, as like said above, I dont want anyone to completely dominate.

Ias serious about it TLM

and I think players schould be able to team up with anyone they like because if you have decent skill its pretty annoying haveing to lose because somebody you play with doesn't have any skill,

IMO whats the point of a pairs competition if you can't make the best team possible because it wouldnt be fair, I think this challenges the underdog teams to go above themselves and make them improve,

Well really anyone can be "good". You just need to focus on detail, and look at other parks. Plus, it is kind of rude to know that each team has one "good" member, and one "bad" member. If I where judging it, I would be mainly thinking "would I want to go to this park". I would also consider each ride, and how they would work.

Plus, I've seen newbies come up with some pretty wicked stuff, I mean I've seen stuff from invert/sit down racer to 50 drops on a hyper coaster.

Well Leviathan called me so I guess we are a pair. lol

Whatever workbench is chosen, it MUST include custom supports, a WORKING support blocker, and 1/4 terrain blocks. Those are my requirements.

^So you're saying that he wasn't able to be partnered with you, so he should try settling for me? Gee, thanks Matt.

I've never seen anybody so conceded when it comes to RCT2...no offense. (Because saying that makes everything better, right? )

I think I'm going to wait a while to see how big this thing gets before confirming a teammate.

-Daniel "Sorry if was being an a$$ in this post" B.