TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island PTR

To start off, the park seemed to be running very well at good capacity. No serious complaints except one and customer service was more then helpful with it, and we couldn't have been more happy.

Diamondback was seriously awesome, all around a great ride. Even with a full line it was maybe 45 mins at most, and we only had to wait once that long. The ride had a good amount of airtime, and also a very good first drop. A good long stable ride. Probably one of the most fun ones we've ever been on. 10/10

Now time for one of the most mind blowing experiences. Beast night ride, now we loved Beast during the day, but wow, I mean WOW! I heard rumors on how good it was, and unfortunatly didn't get the legendary ride the last time we went. Theres absolutely no other feeling like it, riding through the woods with no lights or sense of direction is more mind blowing then I could have ever imagined. 12/10 I think you get the point.

The park was running very well, and much better operations then last time we went. The only problem that stuck out was this "rude" operator you could say. But once we brought it up to Customer Service they were also surprised and appauled by the actions of this operator. No need to say his name or what happened. But I just really wanted to point out how awesome Customer Service was. They were more then helpful, and got right to it to find this operator and see whats up. We also got front seat rides on Diamondback *Shush*. But yeah all the staff except that one person were absolutely awesome. Everyone seemed to enjoy there job, and have a nice smile to share. Staff 10/10, can't let one bad apple ruin the bunch.

Overall Experience 10/10, great park, great rides, even better then remembered.

First Coaster you see arriving Kings Island.

But the real reason we're here, Diamondback!

Yep!

Same picture with a train up the lift.

Some sort of nerd shot.

Yum.

Helix.

Beast! We got our first night ride this time, our lifes will never be the same.

Yeah, I touched it!

Lifthill.

They make a great point.

Crypts entrance looks even better with Diamondback there.

Airtime!

First drop picture.

Stupid clouds, can never get a good clear picture of the Helix.

Yeah, we rode this thing too. A lot more rough then the other clones.

Success!

We knew better to ride you this year.

Ahh, so peaceful.

This just might be my favorite picture of the trip.

OH YEAH, a successful helix picture with a train.

Sploosh.

All those people seem happy.

These people seem very happy themselves too.

Another relaxing picture.

Backside.

Airtime.

Ohh Ahh

The last picutre of Diamondback, this ride is seriously awesome. Head to Kings Island now and ride it!

Yep, Tyler's chillin on the train.

Look, Kings Island even has a hidden village!

We even rode Firehawk Sunday with no wait.

Pretty average, but not bad.

Fairly Odd Coaster yay!

Tyler, and Me in line for Fairly Odd Coaster.

Here's the last picture of Kings Island. Those fountains at night were very impressive.

Yes, oh yes, We went to White Castle!

Oh yum........

Thanks everyone for reading, we had a ton of fun. Diamondback was just as awesome as we thought. The park was also running very well. Thanks Kings Island for a great time.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like I should have waited one more year to visit KI. Did you happen to ride The Crypt? I'm wondering if they ever fixed it, because when we rode it last year it was really lame. No water or fire effects, no lights, no anything! Just spinning around in the dark for a few minutes! It seemed like it was a cool ride at one point.

When I last rode The Crypt it was still Tomb Raider. We were in the last row and didn't really get any water but the poor people in the front row got it good.

Nice TR.....I thought for a second they had put a WC inside the park.... that would be sweet!

No, the Crypt was even more lame this year then last. I asked an op on why some of the doors that used to work didn't, and he just replied there all broke You go upside down maybe twice, and its not the fast flips like on all other top spins.

Just got home from my trip there! I was there yesterday and today. Diamondback was awesome! I loved all the floating airtime it had. The only thing that miffed me about the trip was the trims on the Beast. I probably keep complaining about them for years lol. Didn't bother riding the Crypt cause I knew it would just piss me off cause I know all the theming is gone. All in all I enjoyed the trip and the people I went with had fun as well.

Tom

White Castle FTW! (We don't have one here, but they do sell the burgers in my store's freezer.)

Diamondback looks like a well designed hyper. It'll definitely take the sting off of SOB being closed this season.

Glad to hear about the original Beast still doing well. I guess in terms of father/son comparisons, you could say The Beast is Richard Petty, and SOB is Kyle Petty.

Well I know it's pretty delayed but here's some of the pictures I took this past weekend......

1448510446_KI094.thumb.JPG.29e0602e648ca268f0b058fa1086e95d.JPG

I was very impressed with Diamondback. The airtime was top notch (still floating out of my seat halfway down the hill after the crest). It broke down as my train was coming into the station for my last ride of the day and they had it fixed in about 15 minutes. One operator said they've been periodically getting the same issue since it opened..... something in the computer he thought

1737262060_KI093.thumb.JPG.74674e47b6808256389104697f88a9f2.JPG

Drop Zone (Tower...... what a lame name) is still one of my favorite drop rides. I'm on the far right

394734844_KI092.thumb.JPG.bc199535f519a8445e620d6c359196f1.JPG

I like that Spongebob 3D show but it has been there for a while. I'm anxious to see a new show in the coming seasons

335158173_KI091.thumb.JPG.2014d5e8ea27b6a1e0205c66e84602bb.JPG

Stunt Track was almost a walk on despite the crowds. Still a fun ride although I wouldn't wait longer than 15-30 minutes for it. That's me in the Red Wings shirt btw