TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Hey, I have a rather stupied question...

If i were to merge the tracks all together instead of just 0clearences them all, would the train go alone the arrows from left to right??

I know that this is more than likely a simple question but I have no idea.

Thanks in advance.

SCR198.1.bmp

I gave in, finally downloaded a trainer for RCT2. Son of Beast. The problem I'm having is getting it to open. I follow the Readme but it doesnt seem to work. I open RCT2, minimize that, open SOB, go back to RCT2 and it says 'Son Of Beast Initialized' but than the menu doesn't come up. I'm not sure if there's some other function I'm missing or what but any help would be greatly appreciated.

For any trainer, you have to minimize the game in order to preform the functions just like you did to open up the trainer.

Ryan, I'm not actually sure. Though, the game can crash if the merges are not right however.

Edited by djbrcace1234

Hey guys, i just installed rct2 on my computer, having only installed it once on my old computer ages ago.

unfortunately i have two problems:

Firstly, I have both the TT and WW expansion packs. The WW pack works fine, however with the TT expansion pack i install it, it says it has installed successfully, yet when i open the game although i can see all the scenarios, i can't open them. Instead, when i click on them it just comes up with a message saying, "Unable to load file... Requires Add-on pack: Time Twister". I really don't know what to do! I have tried reinstalling and running the set up as an administrator etc. Also, there is no yellow text at the top left of the start screen to say i have the expansion pack. Instead there is just a yellow + sign.

Secondly, I have downloaded a saved game from the exxchange. When I go into rct2 i am able to see the file but when i double click to open it it comes up with a message, "Unable to load file... File contains invalid data".

Any help would be much appreciated.

-JC

Ok I have tried to Search for this, but It brings up many threads... I am having trouble with 8 car. For whatever reason I can't edit ride. I havent used this program in like 2 years and seem to remember this happening once before. So here is the problem.. I open 8 car after I load a game. I go to ride menu. I select ride the ride and it lets me change all stats, but there is no train nor and train to choose. When I click apply it takes the train away in the game. Thus the ride does not work. Also of note I seem to remember being able to select the rides based on their names, but now I can only pick by number. Not sure if the two are related. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

^^

Not sure what your problem is, though, Time twister and Wacky worlds are not the greatest of expansion packs, yet alone, most members here choose not to use them.

Most likley since the time twister one is the only cd not loading, it sounds like a disc problem.

Sorry I can't be of any further help

^

What version of 8 cars are you using? the newest version is buggy. For vehicle changes in 8 cars, I use the 1.21 version that can be downloaded on page 13.

Sorry for not replying to these sooner.

Use 8cars, go to "Landscape", click "Cap land at max height". That'll bring it down to 120 ft, which you can then normally bring the land down.

But if you don't own the land after this glitch happens, you have to invert land ownership, bring it down normally, then invert land ownership again. Only problem is you wouldn't own the land after the glitch is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me with an issue in RCT2?

I keep getting an error message whenever I try to create a coaster under the "Dive Machine" selection (only this coaster!).

The message reads: "Exception Raised-Access Violation. Error Location- Unknown".

Thanks!

Well, I've found an old Windows 2000 computer in my attic and I plan on using it for hacking. But before I spend too much time on converting my ObjData (and actually finding a spot to hook up this ol thing), is the hacking on a Windows 2000 just like XP? Or will it have some issues?

Can someone help me with an issue in RCT2?

I keep getting an error message whenever I try to create a coaster under the "Dive Machine" selection (only this coaster!).

The message reads: "Exception Raised-Access Violation. Error Location- Unknown".

I've had that problem also and it deleted one of my coasters. For me, I still sometimes get it when I delete a certain piece of track or add another piece. Save often, figure out which piece of track it is, then isolate that track (no other parts touching it). I know its tedious and not a sufficient answer but its the only way i've found works at all. sorry i couldnt help enough

Well, I've found an old Windows 2000 computer in my attic and I plan on using it for hacking. But before I spend too much time on converting my ObjData (and actually finding a spot to hook up this ol thing), is the hacking on a Windows 2000 just like XP? Or will it have some issues?

It should work good. Stick to using the oldest version of 8 cars and it will be a great tool to use.