TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Amateur hacker.

I want to use wooden coaster track or multi-dimensional lift track as catwalks for my coaster, because I don't have Phatage's Catwalks, and also because I can't put them directly into my park (or can I?) since I'm not in the Scenario editor.

I've tried two methods using 8cars 1.32:

Method 1 - Zero all clearances, and build the catwalks through the current track. That worked for a straight brake run, but it would leave a white building shadow behind when doing gently sloped track, and I could not make the shadow the colors of the normal track.

Method 2 - Build the catwalks two notches above the track, and use the raise/lower function. I entered [-2] in for the raise/lower offset, checked the raise/lower box, clicked Apply, then OK. The track didn't lower.

If anyone could help me out, that would be fantastic.

I havent figured out how to use Multi-Dimensional track on a lift hill, but for a woodie, use zero-clearence absolute. Then, starting from the peak of the lift hill, build the woodie track in the opposite direction of the lift. So say youre making a giga coaster. The giga's lift hill goes up to the right, so build the woodie catwalk down and to the left. Hope this helps. Oh, and use 8cars 1.302 for EVERYTHING (beside toggle chain), its the best of all the 8cars.

So I'm trying to install rct2 onto my laptop, which uses windows vista. I can start installing it no problem, and then I see a bar that shows the installation process. The bar gets to a little before halfway, then stops. I can hear the disk slot trying to run the disk for a few seconds, then stopping, and that repeats. I've tried pushing the slot in more, and also pushing it up, down, and side to side, but it doesn't help. On screen it doesn't say anything is wrong. Does anyone know what to do? Thanks!

It also said something about a cyclic redundancy check, which I looked up, and most of the time it means that the disk has a scratch. But my disk has 0 scratches, and it works on every other computer.

So I'm trying to install rct2 onto my laptop, which uses windows vista. I can start installing it no problem, and then I see a bar that shows the installation process. The bar gets to a little before halfway, then stops. I can hear the disk slot trying to run the disk for a few seconds, then stopping, and that repeats. I've tried pushing the slot in more, and also pushing it up, down, and side to side, but it doesn't help. On screen it doesn't say anything is wrong. Does anyone know what to do? Thanks!

It also said something about a cyclic redundancy check, which I looked up, and most of the time it means that the disk has a scratch. But my disk has 0 scratches, and it works on every other computer.

Happened to me with an old disc - I had to hard-reset my Mac (running Windows, of course) multiple times before I could get a successful install.

My advice is to go find a RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack disc if they're still around. You'll get a fresh disc and both expansion packs. New scenarios are fun!

A.J. - Thanks for the help. I think it would have been good to mention that my rct2 disk is the Triple Thrill Pack though. Thanks anyway. I'm not sure what to do now, besides just buying another disk and trying that. Thanks again!

- I tried it again today and I figured out it stops at css41.dat

Hey. Im looking for someone that can rotate huts. Im also in need of someone that can add a train successfully to a merged ride. I need this done rather fast. Tonight would be the best but I can wait till tomorrow, if after that Im afraid that I wouldnt be able to finish on time. Thanks in advance, Joel.

Any suggestions for beating the Build Your Own SFMM scenario?

This is the only scenario I've yet to ever beat.

I've tried multiple strategies, minimizing and maximizing the loan but I can't ever seem to get past a park value of $600K before the whole park goes in the tank.

I've noticed building the Six Flags branded rides helps a bit more but after about Year 4 park's rating falls and I can't attract new guests even with marketing campaigns.

Thoughts?

I've tried multiple strategies, minimizing and maximizing the loan but I can't ever seem to get past a park value of $600K before the whole park goes in the tank.

I've noticed building the Six Flags branded rides helps a bit more but after about Year 4 park's rating falls and I can't attract new guests even with marketing campaigns.

Thoughts?

You want the coolest win ever?

Delete both Supermans and Golaith. and pay off the loan. you're done!

Thoughts?

It'd be worth looking at one of your previous efforts to see where things could be fixed. Mind you, I've never beat it either, but it might be more easy to help you if we knew how you tackled the park.

In other words: Download/Screenshot from your best effort please?

Alright, so, every time I try to start up a new scenario in RCT2 and I pick out my scenery, every time I click a single little box to pick a scenery pack thingy, I get the messages "all pieces of scenery of this pack will not be included in this pack," even if it's only the first box I've clicked on. Why is this?

^Thats because there are too many total objects in the pack to be included in the game. To pick all the objects you want, the best way is to click advanced, then pick each individual object you wanna use. You can use these groups to keep it organized, just sometimes there are too many objects for the whole group to be included.

Have to do another clean install of RCT2 with an old disc.

Can anyone post a .ZIP with css9.dat from the Data folder? I always get that far in the install (21%) and it just quits.

Actually, I know it's very, very large, but if someone could post/PM/email me a copy of the Data folder in its entirety, that would be even better. As soon as it got past css9, it stopped at css8 and failed.

If you intend to email me, my main email account is ajreiff@comcast.net.