TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

If your on W7 you could have a number of issues. If you havent using parkdat then did the game freeze on you and then you had to shut the whole system down? If so that is it, when you are in the game and it freezes like that RCT2 wont open that save file back up. I had several saved versions for just this reason. Sorry without more to go on this is what I say happened.

Thats the issue then, in the shutdown the computer closed all of the files that you had open and corrupted the file. Ill try to get into the file and see whats going on and get back to you. This happened to me when I was on my last computer. Windows does not like being shut off when things are running. Sorry to be of no further help.

Thats the issue then, in the shutdown the computer closed all of the files that you had open and corrupted the file. Ill try to get into the file and see whats going on and get back to you. This happened to me when I was on my last computer. Windows does not like being shut off when things are running. Sorry to be of no further help.

That is the issue then, because No files are corrupted, nor are any of the main functions of the game.

Sorry, I can't help you there.

---------------------------------------

So on my coaster that I'm trying to custom support, there is a whole line + another 9 in-game supports, the ones that are automatically built with the coaster, that not even the support killer that had come with the bench will get rid of. Is there any reason for this, and is their a way to fix it?

support help inverted.bmp

Sorry, I can't help you there.

---------------------------------------

So on my coaster that I'm trying to custom support, there is a whole line + another 9 in-game supports, the ones that are automatically built with the coaster, that not even the support killer that had come with the bench will get rid of. Is there any reason for this, and is their a way to fix it?

The reason I can see is the track theoretically is on the "ground" for inverted track, so the only way to get rid of them is lower the ground 5 feet, place a full tile piece in that hole and raise up the hole with either absolute zero clearence, or map object manipulator.

I need objects added to a bench, anyone willing to help? Its for the bobsled challange. I do not wish to risk trying it on my own.

It's actually not that hard. So long as you're replacing one item for another, I don't see how trouble shooting that can be. However, if you're not just "replacing" items, then I can see your worry.

I'm available to help out on this.

Hopefully this helps out anyone that wants to use parkDAT:

1399045989_Tutorialone.jpg.94d0927cf054ef29b4c2443eeeda7a14.jpg

As you can see, I want to replace this item with something else. Simply click the highlighted area.

1032948172_tutorialtwo.jpg.cd2c218ab36833ec0a61370943e51075.jpg

The only hard part is this--finding what you want to replace. On my project right now, I need some better looking foliage, so I'm using Mk's plants. I recommend using the DAT preview for this, or simply open up another park and copy the names of the DATS you want. Either one works.

1241254776_tutorial3.jpg.aea85f46a948fcec59ab05040251b83c.jpg

Simply save that DAT and look, It's there now!

Great example of how to use the ParkDat djb, but I want to put out a warning out about using the "Replace Selected (F4)" function. It is a very fast way to replace items in only a few clicks but you have to remember if you replace a large scenery item as shown in the example you MUST make sure the item you are replacing it with is also a large scenery item. Same goes for walls, paths, small scenery and rides. The reason for this is if you take djb's example and want to replace that large scenery item with item ________ (fill in the blank). Well that new item (_______) you picked out ends up not being a large item it's a small one. If your small scenery items are already at the game limit replacing that large one with a small one will crash the game when you try to open it again.

The ParkDat is all about the numbers, meaning the numbers allowed for each type of item in the game. If you try to use the ParkDat to defeat the games limits you will lose the battle. You will also lose if you do it by accident. The accidental overages are the real sad part of using the ParkDat. They get punished by the game just like those who did it on purpose. If you pay close attention to what your doing and keep track of the DAT's you take out and put in using the ParkDat any mistake can be reversed to a point before the problem happened.

ALWAYS OBEY THE NUMBERS!

854596078_PRKDATAG(DONOTDELETE).jpg.00e71975b51a24529eafb44b48218464.jpg

I keep this picture as my desktop background, but you could just print it out and keep it handy. It has all the NUMBER information you need while using the ParkDat so you can avoid going over limits and crashing your game.

I tried following the How to Hack like a Winhacker tutorial to make the entrance and exit huts invisible. When I lower the land and then make the dummy track invisible everything (huts, track, and scenery piece) are all still there. I'm guessing that I can't make the dummy track invisible because I have Windows 7, but does anyone know if that's the real problem or if there's another way?

I tried following the How to Hack like a Winhacker tutorial to make the entrance and exit huts invisible. When I lower the land and then make the dummy track invisible everything (huts, track, and scenery piece) are all still there. I'm guessing that I can't make the dummy track invisible because I have Windows 7, but does anyone know if that's the real problem or if there's another way?

I'm assuming you want to make your project peep-able?

There are other ways to make the Huts "Invisible," but some of these may not, or cannot make for peepablity:

(Correct me if I'm wrong, because I run Vista.)

1: Using Son of Beast's sink Scenery option under landscape. This can be done by first starting with the function "begin Special Build Mode" Then, click on the ride you want, so you can see it's ride panel. Go back to SOB and use the option sink Scenery. That should work.

2:White Glitch Method.... This one typically works for flats only. Build a ride. Zero clearence the same type of flat in the same origin, or so you can connect the entrances together. After this, there should be white glitches on the huts. Simply right click them away and they should be gone. Though, this makes the ride completely un-fixable.