TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Sorry if this was asked before. 70+ pages is a bit to go through.

I need some help with an 8 Cars hack. I see this done quite a bit and can't seem to figure out how to get it working. What I'm trying to do is overlay tracks. Example, lay a steel coaster on top of a wooden coaster. I see alot of people do use the 4D coaster for Catwalks on lift hills. My question is, how do you do this without merging tracks. Everytime I try doing it the track and supports turn white.

What I'm trying to do is overlay a steel coaster ontop of a wooden coaster for the supports so I don't have to lay custom supports through the entire track, especially on diagonal track, doesn't work too well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

^ Nope, you have to make it visible again first. To do that just switch the track type back to what it was supposed to be and hit apply.

If you have a visible track placed on top of the invisible track you must raise it back up off the invisible track first. When you have finished doing what you need to do the invisible track, making is visible and altering it and then making it invisible again or just deleting it you then can lower the visible track back down into place.

^How did I not realize that?

Well, it seems all I do is complain in this thread. Mostly about my Vista... I'm not exaggerating when I say I've spent the last hour on trying to remove those stupid, annoying entrance huts on a few of my flats. I've tried the two ways I know (djbr's wave pool) and the Son of Beast way. None of them have any effect on the entrance/exit huts. This is getting very annoying and I really hate those things and just want them out of my park! Does anyone have any other possible way (other than RCT2 modified) to get rid of them? Help is very much appreciated...

^ Your not the only on the is getting annoyed. Im on W7 so Im not any help with the Vista thing but from what I can understand, most of the the problems are the same. I cant do the invisible entrance huts either. I spent half a day trying to get the huts to go invisible and acually had my roommates asking if I was ok because of all the swearing that was coming from my room. Sorry, end of the rant.

To get to the point, I will echo braztaz but change the question from Vista to Windows7.

I just finished making a scenario/blank map for an upcoming (yet another) CGA recreation. Once I got things going, I realized I don't have all of the rides added to my list and don't have any of the catwalks and stuff. Is there a way to edit the already made scenario (with all of the coasters and stuff I laid out) to add the missing ride types or missing scenary in? Or am I going to have to start from scratch?

I've been having trouble with my 8 cars.

A few days ago I tried to make a disko ride. But all the train selection was in some weird type letters.

Then today, i tried to do a simple hack of increasing the lift hill speed. I noticed the train type was completely blank. I checked for all versions. And than I just increased the lift hill speed ignoring it and not only was the lift hill speed unchanged. The train tab on my ingame ride was blank so I clicked it. I got error trapped.

I run windows 7. And i never had this problem before. Any ideas what might've caused this or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

^ No it is all public and free to use.

As for Toggle Chain, I have regular RCT2 with WW/TT installed and am running WindowsXP. I can never get Toggle Chain to work... however if I uninstall WW/TT it works fine. 10ryansmith is running Triple Thrill on Windows7 and cannot get it work for him either. How about you shoot him off a PM and see about helping him out by doing the Toggle Chain for him.

All you have to do is click on the PM icon under a members avatar. Type out your message, attach whatever files you want to attach and hit send. To see a response just look at the top left of the forums after logging in and you will see if you have any new messages. If you do just click on it and it will take you to your PM area.

Give it a shot, I am sure he would be very happy to hear from you about the issue.

As for my XP it is also the Home Edition.

I've got a serious problem. For all the parks I have made, the rating has gone down, and down, and down, and I don't know how to get it up. I was playing for all of 1 minute and the rating went from about 563 to about 501. Am I just that bad of a builder, or am I doing something wrong? This is really discouraging and it is making me not want to make parks but just stick to roller coasters.

Chances are your park building skills are just fine, the problem is usually with the game and the stupid guest AI. Please pick a park, any of them you want and send it to me with in a PM. Make sure you check mark export plugins in the games options tab before saving and sending if you used any custom scenery. I will run the park and see what is causing the problem(s). Fix it (if fixable) and send it back along with a description of what the problems were and what I did to solve the issue so you can go into your other parks and look for similar issues and fix them yourself.

Please don't let this issue get you down, I have downloaded parks that made Spotlight wins at NE that have guest issues so bad that the park rating went down to ZERO and was able to fix the problem and have it back up in the 900's.