TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

^ That would be really GREAT! Your "How To" for Toggle Chain was perfect and I am sure many people (more than who posted) use it quite often. Any kind of tricks you want to pass along to the members here at TPR would be of tremendous value for those trying to improve their skills. As mentioned before if we ever get enough "How To"'s put together they could end up all being placed in a sticky so they are not lost in the depths of the forums.

So happy you are starting to come back around TPR and share some of you amazing skills and ideas with us.

Haha thanks, if you want dmax you can get a personal preview of seaworld cuz its finished...

Just name a few things you guys want some "how to" from...

there are a few things I can do so when I find the time I'll post em,

Also I think it'd be cool to have a subforum in the games section only for the "how to" threads so as you've pointed out that they won't get lost in the depths of the forums...

So if anybody want to ask something specific I'll take requests...

I'll try to get a decent switch track hack up by the end of the weekend if you guys don't mind...

...you can get a personal preview of seaworld cuz its finished

How can I say no to that. No hurry though. But WOW, yes I would love to see it.

As with parks quality over quantity anytime, so take as much time as you need to get the switch track hack posted.

Dotrobot buddy, here is your chance to REALLY get some good instructions on using 8cars and SOB, BelgianGuy is taking requests!

I have a BIG problem. I downloaded RCT2 Modified and it didn't work. I messed around with the files. Still didn't work. Then, I uninstalled RCT2 Modified. Started RCT2. First a window with a texbox and two buttons came up. I pressed one and an error window came up saying "Missing or inaccesable data file". I downloaded the demo and got the G1 file from there. I put it in the full RCT2 data folder and the text box window didn't come up but the error window did. Could this because of me having Triple Thrill pack and replacing the G1 file with the one from the original? REALLY need to fix this! Thanks.

Oh, and thanks tdub96.

I have a BIG problem. I downloaded RCT2 Modified and it didn't work. I messed around with the files. Still didn't work. Then, I uninstalled RCT2 Modified. Started RCT2. First a window with a texbox and two buttons came up. I pressed one and an error window came up saying "Missing or inaccesable data file". I downloaded the demo and got the G1 file from there. I put it in the full RCT2 data folder and the text box window didn't come up but the error window did. Could this because of me having Triple Thrill pack and replacing the G1 file with the one from the original? REALLY need to fix this! Thanks.

Oh, and thanks tdub96.

Same thing happen to me, so I just uninstalled the game completley and it works, but I no longer can open games as shortcuts on my desktop though.

Just uninstall the game a s awhole and see how that works out.

^ You didn't make a back up of your RCT2 files before installing RCT2M.

I just don't understand why it causes so many issues for some people, I don't have any problems switching from one to the other and back again.

I will add a to the warning sections about issues with the Triple Thrill Pack and make the warning to BACKUP your game even BIGGER than it was before.

I love the idea of the "How To" section, there are a couple of things that i need to know how to do 1 how to properly lower a wooden coaster to make catwalks, 2 how to get rid of the dirt base on rides and replace it with concrete. This would be very helpful because im currently stalled on my Paramount's Kings Adventures without these.

Srry for not answering anything yet but I've been swamped with schoolwork atm, as soon as I've got time I'll make some how to topics for you guys, but as I've said I'll take specific requests so I'm not explaining stuff you guys already know so I don't waste my time with pointless threads, just post wich how to you want and I'll reply if I can do the specific hack or not and I'll make the how to then...

Examples I can make, ferris wheel lift for a rapids ride,

Stationary train in transfer sections, applies for any stationary train you want placed aswell

Simple realistic stations for coasters and flats....

the non-glitching wooden catwalks on B&M coasters...

to name just a few,

well its basically being smart with merges but I'll make a how to some time this week, have vacation then

if you guys want the stationary trains I'll do those 2 but that's a tricky one but I'll explain that in the thread...

But this question for the mod or admin of this forum,

CAN WE PLZ HAVE A HOW TO OR TUTORIAL SUBFORUM PLZ, this would make everything a lot easier...

well its basically being smart with merges but I'll make a how to some time this week, have vacation then

if you guys want the stationary trains I'll do those 2 but that's a tricky one but I'll explain that in the thread...

But this question for the mod or admin of this forum,

CAN WE PLZ HAVE A HOW TO OR TUTORIAL SUBFORUM PLZ, this would make everything a lot easier...

There are several ways to make the stationary trians as well, so if you want me to do something like that for you, I can.

Look forward to seeing what you can do with the game, also remember that here at TPR you do not need an outside hosting site for your pictures or park downloads. Just use the attachment area at the bottom of your posts. TPR will take care of everything for you. Just make sure your pictures are not oversize. 800x600 is the max, honestly they really don't even need to be that big.