TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

I've been getting a lot of white ghost glitches in my park recently. What's the easiest way of getting rid of them. Sometimes just right clicking them will make them disappear, but I've gotten a few that won't clear out, even when I zero clearances. Any help?

I've been getting a lot of white ghost glitches in my park recently. What's the easiest way of getting rid of them. Sometimes just right clicking them will make them disappear, but I've gotten a few that won't clear out, even when I zero clearances. Any help?

Find the same item that is glitching, and place it exactly where it is. Right click a bunch of times and it should dissapear.

Ah just a tip for future ride invisible making.

Diagonals cannot be made invisible.

Yes you can actually, using the Geewhzz hack for the invisible huts and stuff, you can make everything invisible, even diagonals, its just a little harder and you really have to know what you're doing...

And white glitches can be removed with Map Object Manipulation you just need to know how to use MOM and select the right scenery type you want to remove, once you get the hang of it its pretty easy to do though.

You kind of have me confused with this question Bob!, are you meaning a building with paths inside with guest using them (like shopping or eating) or just a building on a path or maybe a building off the path but has parts overhanging the path? If you can get a picture out of one of Liampie's topics or parks and post it or link to it showing what your asking about would really be great.

If you own all land in 8cars. You will own all land including the border land. But you will disown all paths that you have built.

Best thing to prevent this is. Build an entrance path. Use the own all land function than use the disown borderland function. Than insert your guest entry point. Than put the entrance right infront of that. And you will own ALL LAND. Be sure not to delete the guest entry point path as that will create rct peep to not be able to enter the map.

You kind of have me confused with this question Bob!, are you meaning a building with paths inside with guest using them (like shopping or eating) or just a building on a path or maybe a building off the path but has parts overhanging the path? If you can get a picture out of one of Liampie's topics or parks and post it or link to it showing what your asking about would really be great.

Exactly. Do I have to use 8cars or something else?

Thank you for your answer!

SCR11.BMP

Liampie's Legacies Theme Park : Europe.

Yep, exactly what ^^ said. It can get a little out of hand sometimes with paths connecting through walls that you did not intend for them to do so then the guests are walking into buildings where they are not supposed to. So the timing as to when you 0 clearance should be planned out to avoid that problem. Also when you 0 clearance a path under scenery items or the other way around, scenery items 0 clearanced on top of paths, you can get a scenery/path glitch that makes it look like the path and lower scenery items are flickering on top of each other. So you need to figure out which item is going to dominate the bottom and put it in first. That is only possible with trial and error. Sometimes it will be the path and other times it will be the scenery item.

Good luck with it and have some fun trying this, when done right (like in Liampie's park) it really looks nice.

As for 0 clearancing paths and such it is just like when you do a ride. Just open 8cars and get busy. Remember though once an item is placed in the park while it is 0 clearanced it will not be 0 clearance itself until you 0 clearance again so just like rides if you are going to build something large try to get it done with just one 0 clearance because the next time you 0 clearance the building is going to glitch out and make placing items very difficult.

I think Dmaxsba covered it, but he didn't include a picture like me.

Example.jpg.bf247250983cf7a77034b19d0bde6d97.jpg

Like I said, decorate what you want first as I think it just makes it easier. Then zero clearance and build path like you usually do so it feeds under the arch ways. It's pretty much the same concept as your tram going over the path in those few screens you have shown us as well.

It can get a little out of hand sometimes with paths connecting through walls that you did not intend for them to do so

Well pointed out as well their, Dmaxsba. You want to be careful as to how guest will enter the buildings, too, so don't make such complex entries.

I mean, if it happens where guest go walking through poles and such, don't truley sweat over it.

As this topic has more evolved in to a Q&A and less into advices.

I'd really like it if somebody explained the basic functions of 8 cars for beginners to make 8 cars more beginner friendly.

I'm in no position to do this myself as the only function I know how to use properly is the money function and zero clearance function.

^ With the way 8cars functions on different operating systems and expansion packs it would be very hard to explain. I only know how it works with XP using both expansion packs. Example; I can't do things like Toggle Chain. Those without the expansions can. People with Windows7 have all kinds of issues and then there is the wonderful Vista issues. It even has different play issues for the few people still running ME. It is such a wonderful tool but has so many user issues.

Hey every time I try to load one specific park it crashes the game. Has this happened to anyone before?

Thier are many reasons for this, but to some it up, the file may just be corrupted

If you have pardat, you may be able to see if the park is missing some item that may be faulty as well

If you master 8cars in combination with SonOfBeast trainer pretty much everything is possible, from making stuff invisible, to just zero clearances, merges, turning huts and all those lovely hacks...

If anybody wants this I can set up a few realism based tutorials for you guys to improve your hacking skills...

For instance the stationary trains in a switch track building, removing those ugly station track sections while its still a station....

If anybody wants these things explained I'll make some specific tutorials when demand is high enough...

I think if the better hackers here can "teach" some of their skills here I think we'll be doing the community a big favor...

Also stuff like parkdat are very simple tools and just give you such opportunities to better your bench while building so you don't have to restart everytime you need objects you forgot...