TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

The building is really nice emberfoot. But on those type of windows. Make the window frame closer to the path and put a glass wall behind the wall. And if possible take from the deco base block and pick a wall with actual thickness then zero clearence it to the very left entrance of your building. I don't like the idea that little thin wall is holding up that side of the building.

But if that is your first attempt. It's much nicer then my first attempt. Trust me. You wouldn't have wanted to see my first attempt. Don't get discouraged these things take time. And you look like a fast learner.

Ive got thousands of objects on rct2 and its hard to make scenarios, i know you can delete them but how?? Ive watched youtube vidios but they dont work. Does anyone know how you do it?

There are several ways to combat this:

1. go into your Obj Dat folder (My computer/C drive/ Program files/ Atari, or Infogames/ Triple thrill pack, or RCT2/ Obj Dat,) and while using a program called Dat checker, you can sort what you want, or do not want.

2. Make a bench using an old game file you used, and simply erase all data on the map and park dat what you want, or do not want.

3.Pick up a work bench someone has made, and Park dat what you want in.

To download Park dat, and the dat previewer, check this link: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56939

I hoped this helped out.

So I'm testing out RCT2 Modified. I'm sure that it'll help me tremendously, but I don't want my game to stay a SV7 file permanently, after everything is said and done can I uninstall RCT2 modified to switch it back to SV6? Or does it not work that way?

RCT modified is a "new" game basically, so you cannot switch from on or the other. Trust me, Braztaz, unless you want to mess up your RCT files, I recomend not using it. The reason I have had to start my park over so many times was because of rct modify.

The tricks that RCT modify unlocks can mostly be preformed using the FF method.

I mean if you want to learn the FF method, try this link:

http://www.nedesigns.com/index.php?showtopic=20618&st=0

Also, try these first on another map so you do not courrpt the files.

First off I want to say thank you publicly to djbrace1234 for his help with RCT2M section of the Download Topic. Once I read his comments about it I decided to try it out myself and played around with with for several hours.

Here is what I learned and am sorry to have to disagree with you djbrace1234. The thing about RCTM is they didn't add new things the G1 file they just altered the way they look. Everything is still there just as it was so you can switch back and forth at any time and it is really simple to do so. When you install RCTM all the SV6 files become file types that Windows no longer knows what to do with so all you have to do is change the file type to SV7 and when you uninstall RCTM SV7 files become a file type Windows no longer knows what to do with so you can switch them back to SV6. I just tested it with some of the SV7 parks I have and they converted over to SV6 without any problems.

May I ask what version of Windows you (djbrace1234) were using at the time you RCTM installed? I am wondering if like with 8cars and it really comes down to what Windows version you have as to how well some things work.

djbrace1234 is right you should always make a backup of your RCT2 files before you ever do anything that might cause damage to the original game. RCT2M is no exception.

This is what I know, I am running XP. I installed RCT2M and played for hours. When I was done I uninstalled it and the game (RCT2) went right back to it's original state. No problems and no issues. I did not have to reinstall RCT2 or anything, it just went back to the way it was. I am not saying that problems cannot or will not happen with RCTM I just didn't have any. Everyone knows the issues RCT2 and Vista have so I would assume that RCTM and Vista will have the same problems.

I'm currently starting a new park in RCT2 and it's been quite awhile since I've made a park from scratch. My question is, what are the best scenery sets to use. It seems like a lot of people on here seem to pick the right scenery when it comes to building their buildings and whatnot. I have almost 4,000 scenery items so I was wondering what would be best to use to make realistic buildings and overall a realistic ride. Thanks for any help you can give me.

While there are many different benches available the one I linked has all the basics covered. It is the perfect starter bench, everything you need and nothing you don't. With that said there is nothing wrong with the other either, it is all just a matter of preference.

As for the guest issue.. The original bench has a problem with guests not being able to get on the map, they all pile up at the maps edge. I fixed the issue in the version I linked you to. The issue was caused by the benches maker wanting to have all boarder land available. Well that messes things up. So I unowned the boarder land again and solved the problem. If you want to work on land at the edge map placing objects, raising or lowering land and such all you have to do is invert land ownership using 8cars trainer. When you done invert land ownership back to where it belongs.

^ The second one is easy, all you need to make any scenario/saved games objective "HAVE FUN" is the TRG trainer for RCT2. It is available HERE in the RCT2 trainers section (second post). As for the other benches, they are scattered all over NE. Type BENCH into the search engine there and see what comes up. Many links have gone dead (404 errors) since the new NE was unveiled a few months ago but I find the H2H5 bench after a few minutes of looking around. So head over to NE and do some looking around.

So I'm not exactly sure what I can do about this, but I just finished editing what I needed to edit in the scenario and everything seemed to be working fine. I just saved the scenario and was going to start working on it in the park editing and I'm now getting an error trapper anytime I try opening the saved scenario. I went back to one of my earlier saves on the scenario editor, and its still gives me the error trapper. I did use a little hacking to get a pathway under one of my buildings to work, but I didn't think something like that could cause an error. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue, or am I going to have to start the park over from scratch again?

I am so sorry, this issue your having is common and I should have warned you about it. I just didn't think about it.

Here's the deal with your error trappers when you go into the editor. Many of the benches and most of the saved games you pick up from NE have had the ParkDat utility used on them to import or export scenery and rides. Once the ParkDat is used on a park it usually error traps in the editor. It is the one and only downside to using an otherwise perfect RCT2 tool.

There is one other issue that my be causing the problem and that could be you have a scenery tab selected and have no scenery items in that tab. This will also cause an error trapper. Every tab including those you cannot unselect (trees, walls, gardens) have to have at least one item in them.

There is one other issue that my be causing the problem and that could be you have a scenery tab selected and have no scenery items in that tab. This will also cause an error trapper. Every tab including those you cannot unselect (trees, walls, gardens) have to have at least one item in them.

Thanks so much for letting me know about this! I didn't have any of the standard gardens selected and I just added one to it and I'm no longer getting the error trapper!

So I have a problem that I'm hoping someone with hacking experience can help me out with. Basically, I'm trying to build a tram down the main street in my park much like you would see at a Disney park like California's Adventure. The only problem I'm having is making it seem like it is actually part of the walkway. Also, I was hoping someone could help me with the entrance and exits because I was hoping to make the stations look like tram stations, but the buildings for entrance and exit aren't helping very much. I've attached a picture to show you what I'm trying to do and hopefully someone can help me out.

There are a few options you can do for this.

1. using the "zero clearence" option in the Misc. tab on 8 cars is one way. You build the tram first, then, by using the zero clearence otion you can mask it over with the footpath of your choice.

Sadly though, this option makes for major glitches.

2. I think there is scenery that loks like foot pathing, so if you can find that, dig a five fot hole under all the track, and place the path right under the track. That makes for an easy solution I guess.

3. Making the entire ride invisible, this can be done using this tutorial. Same principal really. This will teach you to also learn how to make entrance/ exit huts invisible:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56930

Hope this helps out!