TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

I mean you can always go back and choose the items you want to use in the editor. The one thing I have now learn when making a park, try and build your buildings first, that way you have all the items you really want to use and save spots for future items you will need. But yes, Park dat is a life saver indeed.

Yeah I'm building all the buildings in the editor, but whenever I go back to add some more I get an error trapper.

^ If the ParkDat has ever been used on the park it will almost always error trap once back in the editor. That is the ParkDats only flaw.

^^ OK, here are all the options for RCT2 parks. Only two share both the use of money or no money. They are all listed below in the exact order you see them in the game.

NO MONEY...

Number of guests in park.*

Build 10 roller coasters.

Build 10 roller coasters of a given length.

Finish building 5 roller coasters.

MONEY...

Number of guests at a given date.**

Monthly profit from food/merchandise.

Repay loan and achieve a given park value.

Park value at a give date.

Monthly income from ride tickets.

Number of guests in park.*

Build 10 roller coasters.

* This is the one that has the default number of 2000 guests show up when you click on it. There is however no time limit on achieving the guest count. It is also the one that once the park is started if the park rating drops below 700 and stays there will close the park and you loose. However with a trainer like 8cars or SOB you can always get the park to reopen.

** This is the one where you have to meet the goal of a certain amount of guests in the park by a certain date. It also is the one where you not only have to reach the guest count by the certain date you also must have a park rating of at least 600 at that date also. This one defaults in with 1500 guests when clicked on. Also this is the classic RCT scenario challenge. For example; Your Objective - To have at least 250 guests in your park at the end of October, Year 1, with a park rating of at least 600. < that was the goal of the very first RCT scenario Forest Frontiers.

^^ If you use the "Number of park guests" as your challenge with or without money you cannot close the park without the use of a trainer. Just as you cannot reopen the park if you fail the challenge without using a trainer. Having the guests come in the park is what starts the timer for the park rating. You must quickly get it up over 700 and keep it there. That is just part of that particular challenge.

Most people usually just let the little guys in and plop down some rides, small coasters and food/bathrooms off in a corner of the park somewhere out of the way and let it go while they work on the rest of the park. If you set if up good with staff and amenities you will never even have to think about the area until it is time to remove it so you can work in that area. At which point the guest move over to the part of the park that is done.

With the TRG2 trainer you can set the parks goal to "HAVE FUN" and then you don't ever need to worry about anything. Would you like me to post that so you can switch your goal?

I've never used ParkDat though.

That is odd, don't know what to say about that... question did you use any trainer function like own all land before going back to the editor?

The TRG trainer is attached below. Back in the days of RCT, TRG made one of the best trainers you could get. When RCT2 came out a new TRG came out for it right away with very limited functions. The best of which was the "HAVE FUN" option. TRG was never updated and other trainers like SOB (Son of Beast) and 8cars soon surpassed it. To this day the TRG is the only trainer I know of with the "HAVE FUN" button.

What you do is install the trainer. You will get a desktop icon. Click it open and a very slim vertical bar will show up. It will be centered on the right side of the screen. Run RCT2 and open the park you want to use "HAVE FUN" in the place of other game objectives. It will overwrite any of the standard game objectives. Exit back out to the desk top and click on the vertical bar. It will expand outwards and the "HAVE FUN" option will be in the upper right. Click it and your done. You can quit the trainer at that point or keep it up and use the other options when needed. Now when you go back to the game instead of you objectives being Build 10 roller coasters, Have 2000 guests in the park by October year 3 or any other kind of objective, it will say HAVE FUN. All time limits and other requirements will be gone. and you can just have fun.

TRGv0.9.zip

This may have been asked already but how do you make the hyper twister a launched coaster? Like brazatz did on bolt. Thanks

There are a few ways to do this. all three require 8 cars.

First build the coaster.

second, if you want a "chain launch" make a chain that will act as the cable in a sense. In 8 cars choose the ride in the edit rides tab, and simply increase the speed of the chain.

for just a power launch with no chain. go in 8 cars and change the operating mode to powerlaunch, and increase the speed accordinly.

Last way. ( the way I prefer) combine both to make a more realistic launch.

If you're having problems, I'll help out more.

money cheat without trainers anyone? What object gives the most money to spam in the editor? As I do not seem to get the scenario saved without the 700 park rating when I click no money?

Or even better, anyone with a good bench? =D I can just as easily start over since I'm not to fond of the bench I creatd myself.

This may have been asked already but how do you make the hyper twister a launched coaster? Like brazatz did on bolt. Thanks

There are a few ways to do this. all three require 8 cars.

First build the coaster.

second, if you want a "chain launch" make a chain that will act as the cable in a sense. In 8 cars choose the ride in the edit rides tab, and simply increase the speed of the chain.

for just a power launch with no chain. go in 8 cars and change the operating mode to powerlaunch, and increase the speed accordinly.

Last way. ( the way I prefer) combine both to make a more realistic launch.

If you're having problems, I'll help out more.

+Thank you Now where would I get 8 cars and how do I install it?

money cheat without trainers anyone?

There is no money cheats without using a trainer, there are no cheats in RCT2 of any kind without a trainer.

What object gives the most money to spam in the editor? As I do not seem to get the scenario saved without the 700 park rating when I click no money?

Don't know what you mean be the first question, as for the 700 park rating, you cannot avoid it unless you change the objective to "Have Fun" and the only way to do that is to use the TRG trainer available HERE about five posts down.

Or even better, anyone with a good bench? =D I can just as easily start over since I'm not to fond of the bench I creatd myself.

Would love to help you out with this but I am still on an DAT objects search and and cannot currently use the RCT2 editor to make landscapes.

Okay...I know this is a stupid question...but here goes...

I searched through every page of this thread to see if RCT2 is compatible with WIndows 7...and Googled it as well. It seems there is no consistent answer...for some people, the game works flawlessly, others can't save, play full screen, etc. A few results on Google showed that it can cause the system to freeze.

How can I make sure I can get RCT2 to work fine on my computer? I have Windows 7 Ultimate and am unsure if it comes with XP compatibility mode or how to use it... I did see that a lot of trainers don't work on Windows 7 but I'm not worried about those...thanks in advance!

^^ RCT2 works fine on Windows7. I have never had it crash or freeze JUST WITH the game open. All the issues start up with the trainers. If your not worried about the trainers than you should be fine. With the full screen thing, Im on a 17'' laptop and in the options menu it goes to the my full screen but it is distorted and stretched. I personally dont like it and keep it the way that downloaded onto my system. Anyway, hope this helps.

Take the two files and manually copy and paste them into your RCT2 ObjData folder. Start the game and let it do it's checking. Once done load the park, no doubt it will once again do a checking sequence from more new items. When finished the park should open.

The path to the ObjData folder is...

Computer..> Local Disk(_)*..> Program Files..> Infogrames Interactive**..> RCT2..> ObjData

* fill in the blank with the drive you have RCT2 installed on.

** if you have the Triple Trill Pack it will be Atari instead of Infogrames.