TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

This may just be the stupidiest question I ever ask on here.

Can someone explain to me how to make B&M supports? I just don't know which ones to choose Because on my scenery list , they're all big and infalted and they overlap my over scenery choices....but when I scroll up, the other scenery choices overlap the majority of the B&M's.

SCR131.BMP

See? Whenever I scroll the scenery objects that were covered then try to overlap the huge b&M ones...it's annoying and I don't know which is which. Do I just have a bad B&M collection?

I'm having trouble with my 8car trainer, every time I zero clearance the park and restore clearances my trees disappear, everything else is fine. Also when I go to edit a ride the train type selection is always blank giving me no choices for a train which causes my game to crash. I'm thinking I may have to download 8cars again.

I'm having trouble with my 8car trainer, every time I zero clearance the park and restore clearances my trees disappear, everything else is fine. Also when I go to edit a ride the train type selection is always blank giving me no choices for a train which causes my game to crash. I'm thinking I may have to download 8cars again.

For your trees problem. There is no solution to that except to delete the foliage and make it again. I think it sometimes solves when you restart your computer and your rct2& Trainer. The foliage problem happens all the time really pesky.

As for your trains problem. Are you using the latest version? I think it should be 1.32

I'm no 8cars guru, so sorry, Fat-G. I do have a tiny bit of experience with custom supports, though. Braztaz, you just have to look at pictures of real coasters, and try to figure out how B&M or Intamin would support it. Mostly, it just takes some playing around with. I've only really supported one coaster, but I feel that it provided many different types of supports. Hopefully this helps. Oh, and to get your supports nice and close to your ride, use zero-clearance.

8 cars 1.32 is very buggy when choosing train types, so use version 1.21 for that. Same for your zero clearence issue. Use 8 cars version 1.21.

Braztaz: Take Mastersax68's advice. That pretty much sums up how to use it. As a refrence, use rcdb.com.

I'm no 8cars guru, so sorry, Fat-G. I do have a tiny bit of experience with custom supports, though. Braztaz, you just have to look at pictures of real coasters, and try to figure out how B&M or Intamin would support it. Mostly, it just takes some playing around with. I've only really supported one coaster, but I feel that it provided many different types of supports. Hopefully this helps. Oh, and to get your supports nice and close to your ride, use zero-clearance.

I know all the real life supports, just the RCT2 ones confuse me for some reason I'll start playing around with it to see what I can do.

Well first you need to export plug-ins, you export them by going in your park and clicking options, then the export plug in button will be there and you click it. Next you zip your sv6, and then upload using the uploader at the bottom of the page.

I need a little help.

When I made my bench for the solo I'm working on, I typed in the coordinates for one guest entrance on the side of the map, but I typed 0, 0 in the other one. I found out that it actually put a peep entrance in one of the corners of my map. The game moves slower over there, so I was thinking that it was not that big of a deal. However, today while gazing at the beautiful woodie in that corner, the game froze on me. I had to Ctrl, Alt, Delete and bring up the task manager to close the game. I haven't checked the game since, because I'm afraid I'll freeze it again. Is there any way to fix this?

Open the park then open 8cars. Use the change guest entry points tab and see what you have them set at. Change them both so they match the entrance you want. Then use 8cars to remove all guests. Go back to the game and see if main entrance is working properly and that the other one is gone.

Most of the time this function on 8cars works without any issues but not always. If can't get it working right send the park over to me and I will have a whack at it.

I mean you can always go back and choose the items you want to use in the editor. The one thing I have now learn when making a park, try and build your buildings first, that way you have all the items you really want to use and save spots for future items you will need. But yes, Park dat is a life saver indeed.