TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

There are really very few places left to get custom content for RCT2. RCTMart is the best place left with a large amout of downloads. The link is in my signature. If you do a search for RCT2 sites you will find a few here and there but don't expect much. Your best bet is to download parks and then sift through what you get. Keep what you like remove what you don't. Be careful if you go to NE and download one of the Benches. Many have had the ParkDat utility used on them and will often "Error Trap" the game if you try to load/alter it in the Landscape Editor. This is a side affect of the ParkDat. The bench will work fine everywhere but in the editor. Many have serious guest issues also, meaning it can be impossible to get guests into the park or they pile up at the maps edge. However they do have great selections of building blocks. I would suggest downloading one and getting the content into your game then going into the editor and making your own version of it. Don't let the issue with the ParkDat in the editor stop you from using it though, the tool is amazing and the best way to add and remove items from a park the is being built. So pick it up (page49) also and learn how to use it.

Here's my idea, but SAVE your game before doing this:

open up 8 cars and use the map object manipulation.

First, change the 'tile' to a diffrent tile type.

second, click on the raise lower tab and continue with land/ land type color.

third, Object manipulation goes in half ticks, so to move one tile down would take two instead of one when raising or lowering.

if I had a picture, I would show you.

Here's my idea, but SAVE your game before doing this:

open up 8 cars and use the map object manipulation.

First, change the 'tile' to a diffrent tile type.

second, click on the raise lower tab and continue with land/ land type color.

third, Object manipulation goes in half ticks, so to move one tile down would take two instead of one when raising or lowering.

if I had a picture, I would show you.

I already tried it. Didn't work.

So if I download a park with cs it will be saved into the game?

Yes, and that is a good thing and bad thing, that is why I said you need to go through the stuff you get so you can get rid of the junk and keep you ObjData folder clean. It can only hold so much stuff before the sliders quit working so you don't want to fill it full of junk you will never use. Always keep a back up of your original RCT2 ObjData folder in case of problems and as your custom content grows keep an updated version of folder saved as a backup as-well. It can be a lot of work keeping it clean and junk free but well worth it.

CoasterCreator9, please PM me your park if you want to. I have had this issue before myself and was able to fix it. Hopefully I can fix yours as well. I make no promises though as sometimes it is not fixable. I do need one bit of information, what were you doing before you noticed it happened? Nothing, using a trainer, building a coaster, landscaping or a combination of items?

CoasterCreator9, please PM me your park if you want to. I have had this issue before myself and was able to fix it. Hopefully I can fix yours as well. I make no promises though as sometimes it is not fixable. I do need one bit of information, what were you doing before you noticed it happened? Nothing, using a trainer, building a coaster, landscaping or a combination of items?

Could you try to fix mine also?

The zip file comes with a map I believe, and if you click on it, it should import all of the Dat files to begin with.

Let me see if I can reword what Braztaz said.

for just the RCT2 game with no expansions:

1. open C drive on 'My computer.'

2. Find program files x86 and click on it.

3. find the folder 'Infrogame Interactive.'

4. Click on the RCT folder.

5. Find the OBJ folder, and simply paste what you want in there.

For RCT with expansions i.e Triple Thrill Pack:

1. open C drive on 'My computer.'

2. Find program files x86 and click on it.

3. find the folder 'Atrai.'

4. Click on the RCT triple thrill folder.

5. Find the OBJ folder, and simply paste what you want in there.

Hope this helped.

And when he says file, he means the DAT files that you want to use in the game. DAT files are the custom scenery, custom rides, custom food shops, and of course, your basic game files.

Edited by djbrcace1234