TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Okay....so I downloaded a Triple Thrill Pack like a month ago of of the GameStop online forums. It didn't work because it wasn't compatible with Vista, but then i disable my UAC and boom, it works. I install it and regret it immediately, my original RCT2 doesn't work. So I said, okay I'll just copy by ObjData and Saved Games into RCT2TTP, and so I did, buit then I still have ObjData missing from my saved games. I can't work on my old parks. So then I do the missing ObjData it says I don't have, and I find it in my RCT2 ObjData even though I copied every single one...

I dunno what to do. I want to just individually copy all of the ObjData, but I just don't have the time.

I was thinking I could delete the Triple Thrill Pack, I don't want to do that either.

I'm having an odd issue with the new CDI landscape. I get the "scenario" set up and all, then I save the scenario. However, when I go to open the park from the selection screen the loading bar shows up but then an Error Trapper pops up.. It's quite annoying and I'd like to know if there's some way to fix this before I go through and re-select everything...

*EDIT* Another strange thing. On the two occasions the park actually opened, the "Trees" unremovable scenery tab was missing. I have a saved file of the park now, but I'd like to get these issues resolved..

^^^ If your saying you have the DATs in your ObjData folder but the game is saying you don't then you have corrupted files. Your only hope is to get rid of the downloaded Triple Trill Pack and then reinstall RCT2 alone. Put the backup copy of your Objdata folder back into the game and hope that everything works like it used to. Go out and BUY a copy of WW/TT or a real copy of the Triple Thrill Pack and try again. The game(s) have been out so long now you should be able to buy it/them very cheap. Just want to put this out there, if all your after with the expansion packs is the ride variations you don't need to buy anything. All the rides have been converted so they will work with regular RCT2. You can pick them all up at the RCT2 Object List site in the download area. However you still will not be able to open any park made with WW/TT.

^^ I saw your PM before your post here and was thinking about what might be the issue with the Error Trapper. So I will answer it here in case anyone else may ever have the problem. It sounds like you have one or more tabs in your game without any objects in them. Every tab MUST have at least one item in it or the game will Error Trap while trying to open or shortly after it opens. The reason it is fine in the editor is because in the editor it is not "RUNNING". Go back into the editor and go the Land and Scenery section. You know, where you get to place your entrance to the park and make the map bigger or smaller, place trees and paths... Check your scenery tabs and see if any are blank. If so go back to the object section of the editor and find at least one item to put in the tab. Save your scenario and try to load it. If it loads you know what the problem was if not I want you to send me your landscape and let me have a look at it. Just attach it to a PM.

^Huh, well after I copy/pasted the whole thing I just did some of the individual ones, then copy/pasted the whole thing again and it seemed to work.

I went out to the closest Gamestop to see if they had it, but they don't carry RCT2 anymore and the closest copy was halfway across the country! So they suggested I go to their online store and buy it.

Yeah, SixFrags over on NE made them:

SFSPIN.DAT

Well, actually all he did was convert the rct1 spinner, but this runs one train much like the Virgina Wheel cars, and actually on the virgina wheel track.

Using the spinning mouse cars on another track seems to work, but it does not do bank curves well.

Same actually goes for the spinners Six Frags made.

There is a "How To" toggle chain topic. However some people were never able to make it work including me. I really do think it is a conflict issue between RCT2 with the expansion packs installed and the Toggle Chain feature in 8cars. Once I get WW/TT off my machine I will be trying to do this hack again. But for now I have over 2000 parks to open and need to keep the expansion in the game while I try to gather items from all those park.

If your not using expansion packs and you still can't get it work... it may be what version of windows your are running. Much like Vista causing issue with raising and lowering and Windows7 just causing everything not work at times. This feature of 8cars is very sensitive to what you are running it on.

^^ I am working on getting together some paths for you. Also there is a topic for objects HERE. I will put post your paths in that topic when I get them ready to go.

^ It really depends on what operating system you are using.

XP = Computer..> Local Disk(?)..> Program Files..> Infograms Interactive (Atari if using Triple Thrill Pack)..> RCT2

Vista =

First off, I'm new here, but I do have one question. I am currently running on Windows Vista and I can't seem to find my screenshots I have taken. Does anyone know where to locate them?

Go to the screenshots folder and at the top of the window, there should be a "Compatibility Files" button. Press it. Photos magically appear.

Anytime you don't see files where they should be, chances are they are just in the Compatibility Files area. It's Vista being more complicated than it's supposed to be.

[the actual location of the Compatibility Files section is extremely obscure...which sucks]

Windows7 = I have no idea.

New question. (as I got no CD here) I want to reset my object folder to the NCS RCT2, as I've had a few parks opened that added stuff and messed up my scenario's cause of wrong pickings. Any easy way to do that? Can it perhaps be found on the CD(object folder?)

Nope, sorry you will have to save what content you want and then uninstall RCT2 and then start over. When you get your ObjData folder back to it's original state make a back up of it and store it somewhere safe. Then if you ever download a park again that has custom content in it you can just reset your folder with the back up version.