TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

My disc is broken or something...

Whenever I try to open RCT2, it either stops loading at the fourth bar, or it does load and then it's just a blank screen, where I can still se my cursor.

I tried reinstalling it, doing it on another computer, blah blah blah, but it never works anymore.

Any suggestions?

Well, I tried to install the game and it said "css20" or something was missing. But I checked the data file and it was still there. Huh.

I decided just to download it off of Gamestop, but of course the games don't work on Vista so I have to wait for a refund of my 25 dollars. Wow I hate Vista.

There are loads of sites like the amazing earl where you can download custom rides and things but how do you download the custom rides/scenery?

What I do is just download a park at nedesigns.com and some custom scenery is included with it.

There are loads of sites like the amazing earl where you can download custom rides and things but how do you download the custom rides/scenery?

What I do is just download a park at nedesigns.com and some custom scenery is included with it.

Thanks for the helop

>.< i tried using ne designs and i tried downloading this http://www.nedesigns.com/index.php?s=1c691f54353eac92d36930bf19413422&showtopic=22572&park_id=1443

when i downloaded it i clicked the box for it on win RAR then the box to open it up on rct2 but when rct2 has loaded a red box on it say invalid data could not load can you please tell me your method?

You have to stay in the folder you just downloaded to get the park to open.

Also, if anything is not already part of the park, those go into your ObjDat folder found in the Rct2 folder.

Glad you're here, maybe you can help me out with this whole disc problem I've been having!

Whenever I try to load my game on any computer, it just either comes up as a black screen or it stops loading at the fourth bar. I tried to reinstall it, but it stopped installing and said "css20" was missing, I think. I checked the Obj Data folder and it was there. Do you know what I could do?

Css20 is a music dat I believe, or it is one of the major compents to the game. I'm not sure on RCT not even working period though. I would just buy a new disk at like walmart for like 10 dollars.

I'm not an expert when it comes to this, so that is my advice.

I also tried putting the file up for download, but it is too big to put it on here for download, so that option is out.

I'm sure somehow the file got corrupt, but I'll see if I can find a way to get you a download.

Css20 is a music dat I believe, or it is one of the major compents to the game. I'm not sure on RCT not even working period though. I would just buy a new disk at like walmart for like 10 dollars.

I'm not an expert when it comes to this, so that is my advice.

I also tried putting the file up for download, but it is too big to put it on here for download, so that option is out.

I'm sure somehow the file got corrupt, but I'll see if I can find a way to get you a download.

I checked walmart, they don't even have it in stock anymore!

And thank you! it would mean alot!

Edited by braztaz

You have to stay in the folder you just downloaded to get the park to open.

Also, if anything is not already part of the park, those go into your ObjDat folder found in the Rct2 folder.

thank you very much it worked

how do you download custom things that asre not in a scenario/ park

Well, if that did the trick your CD must have an issue. So I would suggest you keep a back up of the file somewhere safe (away from your RCT2 folder) so if you ever have to un-install the game and then re-install it you will always have a good copy to put in the bad one's place.

In other words... JUST DON'T LOOSE IT!

^ I am really not understanding what problem you are having downloading rides/objects for the game. I also don't see how a VIDEO of this will help you at all.

Here is everything you need to know about putting objects in RCT2. If there is part you don't quite understand I will try to explain it again.

When you go to a site like AMAZING EARL'S and pick something out you want, it doesn't matter if it is a ride or scenry or both, you simply save it to your desktop or some predetermined folder. Once you have it on your computer you need to open the ZIP file. Inside the ZIP you will either see DAT's or a folder, if it is a folder the DAT's will be inside. Here is where things may be different from person to person. Everyone may not use the same type of ZIP program. One way or another you need to get the files/folders out of the ZIP and into your RCT2 game. You can highlight, copy and paste them, or drag and drop them or use the ZIP's extract functions. YOUR CHOICE!

The path to RCT2 for extracting from the zip or placing them in RCT2 by hand is the same.

My Computer...Local Disc (?)*...Program Files...Infogrames Interactive**...RCT2...Objdata.

*Local Disc, mine is ©. Yours may be different. Just use the one you have RCT2 installed on.

**If you are running the Triple Thrill Pack, it will be Atari not Infogrames Interactive.

Once you have the items from the ZIP in your Objdata folder, do a double check and make sure you don't have any type of folders, pictures or text documents inside. This can be done simply by using the View tab at the top of the Objdata folder and selecting Arrange Icons by TYPE. If you have any folders inside the Objdata folder open them up and copy and paste it's contents back into the Objdata folder then remove the folder to the Recycle Bin. If you find any pictures or text documents remove those to the Recycle Bin also.

Now your ready to start your game and get the items officially install in RCT2. When you start the game a Checking Objdata bar will show up, what it is doing is arranging the new items, this takes quite awhile some times so relax have some cookies and let the game do it's thing. Once loaded the normal LOADING bars will show up and your game will start. To find the new ride/scenery you just installed you have to go the Scenario Editor. Once there open a new landscape and search for your items.

FOR DOWNLOADING A PARK...when you download a park it will more often than not have custom objects in it. You may or may not like these items, so ALWAYS keep a back up of your Objdata folder saved somewhere safe on your computer, and if you download a park that has items you want to keep, make sure you update your saved Objdata folder. If you did not like what came with the park just remove your current Objdata folder and replace it with your back up.

If the park you downloaded includes DAT's in the ZIP along with the park itself those DAT's need to be placed in the Objdata folder by hand. They are called non-exporting and will not download into the game automatically and the park will not open without them. So put them in the game (as explained above) and then open the park. The Checking Objdata bar will show up then you will see a bunch of flashing bars show up with DAT names on them. Once those are done, another Checking Objdata bar will show up. Once finished the usual loading bars will come and go and the park will open.

ERROR TRAPPER's while loading parks... Sometimes while loading a park it take the game to long to load and it will ERROR TRAP. Don't worry about it. Hit OK and try again. 99% of the time it will load on the second try.