TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

^ yep I've seen his work, Korean I believe. The "Holy Ground of the Dragon" park one is my favorite.

http://www.nedesigns.com/latest/new-silver-holy-ground-of-the-dragon/

I figured that there was a large Asian following, the game after all has the options for Asian currency.

You can't toss a stone anywhere in Japan without hitting a Giant Ferris Wheel, Jet Coaster or Togo death machine.

So I would assume that there would be a huge RCT fan base just in Japan alone.

The problem I'm having is finding those communities.

^ No one can really tell you how to start a park, it is really all up to you. Just try to think about what you want to achieve, set that goal and go for it. I do have this one piece of advise, start small

Woo, best suggestion so far, and the only one. And no, I won't let it die more than ... once

^ Now those are object I can't recall ever seeing anywhere, but I will keep an eye out for them, I am in the middle of a complete ObjData overhaul and have about 20,000 new objects I need to go through, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't something RRC related in there somewhere. For the time being I would just focus on the main structure and it's surroundings until some items are found by you, myself or one of the members of TPR.

EDIT: after doing a Google search I found nothing for RCT2, found some for RCT3 though.

However according to the Object Data Base there are 4 RRC items out in the world somewhere.

D-DRO1 - Disney's Rockin RollerCoaster Wall 1 (wall/simple) ...that's an O not a zero(0)

D-DRO3 - Disney's Rockin RollerCoaster Wall 2 (wall/simple) ...also an O not a zero (0)

RKROCKN - Rock N RollerCoaster Poster (wall/simple)

RRCLOGO - Rockin RollerCoaster Logo (2x2 large)

A few other items you might find interesting are: LCHDRCGU - Hard-Rock-Cafe-Guitar (small/full)

DK2CDS - Rock N Roll CD Sign (2x1 large)

ricmus15 - Rock Band Tour Bus (3x3 large - converted TT scenery item)

EPCOT - Disney Epcot Sign (2x1 large)

DKDTOUR - Disney Productions Tour Sign (wall/simple)

I would suggest putting up an ad for the items you want in the Lost Objdata topic:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53557

And I would also suggest joining the forums at RCT2 Objects Data Base.

When I need a few items they found everything but 1, couldn't have been more pleased.

http://www.rct2objectlist.com/

Would love if someone could show me ways to place rooftiles for more variation. noncustom scenery of course as I am building that sort of park and .. frankly I'm terrible att building.

aka only RCT2 without expansions.

^ Without even basic (full tile) custom roof tiles what your asking is next to impossible. The best way I can think of adding variety to roof with in game items is to always try to use different structure heights to break up the roof line. Like taking the shortest wall available and adding it to the top in key places to alter how tall the building is. I will go make a structure and load a picture of it up using only in game roofs to show you what I mean.

^^ I don't think I have ever heard of 'Eclipsce Digital Trainer', is it still available on a site somewhere? If not, load it up here so we all can try it out.

Click on the disc icon when in the game as if your going to save or quit and in the list is "screenshot". Just click on it and it will take a picture of whatever it is you're looking at in game.

Once you take the shot it will be saved as image in your main RCT2 folder. Once you have it you need to edit it to show what you are wanting to share using a picture editor. Change the image to a JEPG and save it again. Then post it.

Do not exceed TPRs rules on size, no larger than 800x600.

That I did not know, thanks. (sorry for hijacking reply ^^ )

Now, I'd like to ask of you. If I have nowhere to find the expansions, will a workbench give me the objects when opened? Cause I would for example get a bigger set of objects to choose from in my NCS creations.

That I did not know, thanks. (sorry for hijacking reply ^^ )

Now, I'd like to ask of you. If I have nowhere to find the expansions, will a workbench give me the objects when opened? Cause I would for example get a bigger set of objects to choose from in my NCS creations.

Yes, upon opening a file with custom objects, they will automatically export to your computer and you will be able to use them.

How do you remove wooden coaster supports completely? For use of inverted coaster catwalks?

Build another track ride (other than a wooden coaster) one clearance level below the wooden coaster to use as a track that will block out the supports. Then make that new track invisible.

How do you remove wooden coaster supports completely? For use of inverted coaster catwalks?

Build another track ride (other than a wooden coaster) one clearance level below the wooden coaster to use as a track that will block out the supports. Then make that new track invisible.

Thanks, and are there any guides or tutorials to using custom supports that you could give me a link to, or is it better just to play around with them until you get used to it? I'm new to all of the custom scenery stuff.

If anyone has found some links to some rare park recreations, please let me know!

RCT2 sites are dissappearing one by one...

http://www.nedesigns.com/

Thanks, and are there any guides or tutorials to using custom supports that you could give me a link to, or is it better just to play around with them until you get used to it? I'm new to all of the custom scenery stuff.

There is no guide to custom supports. The best you can do is take a look around at coaster pictures on rcdb.com and use those as examples. It takes some getting used to.