TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

^^^Muchos gracias!

Next question: Because I don't ever plan on becoming capable of hex editing, is there another (SIMPLER) way to hack a vertical lift?

You can make one with 8Cars. Paint the section you want to become a lift with an alternate paint scheme, then go into 8Cars and find the ride in the edit ride thing. Once you have the ride, select the Color scheme you used to paint the "lift". Then select "Toggle Chain" in the Special Actions box, after you've done that click "Apply" then click "OK". Now your coaster should have a vertical lift!!

Hi,

I don't know if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it with the search.

In the scenario editor you can select which rides you want in the game, but it has a limit of 128 rides/shops to select.

Is there a way to get rid of this cap?

^ Unfortunately there is still no way around any of the games limits. Sorry. However there is a way to add and remove items such as rides that you end up not using and replace them with new items. You will need the ParkDat utility and the RCTDatPreviewer utility both can be found here...

www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51178&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=80

It's about the 7th post down. Be sure to READ before you use or you could really screw things up.

Hi, I am trying to merge a giga with a floorless and the 8cars will not do a thing. I have tried the turtorial and nothing that I try is working. I went to coasterforce.com and tried that tutorial coaster that they have and it worked fine?!

The question: is there a limit to what 8cars can do with merging?

Thanks in advance.

^^ that seems like a it should be a simple type of merge much like the one from Coaster Force. To be honest I have had some major problems getting some things merged in the park I am working on. Like a wild mouse track to merge into a virgina reel and a wild mouse into a log flume. The problems have caused me to redesign many on the concepts in the park. If you can't get it working maybe Belgian Guy, NIN, or Goliath315 will see your question and can help you.

^ what kind of operating system are you trying to use 8cars on?

Hi, I am trying to merge a giga with a floorless and the 8cars will not do a thing. I have tried the turtorial and nothing that I try is working. I went to coasterforce.com and tried that tutorial coaster that they have and it worked fine?!

The question: is there a limit to what 8cars can do with merging?

Thanks in advance.

There's no limits really. One thing to remember is to merge the track which the train is coming from down onto the track you want it to rollover on to.

I can only use 8 cars once before it crashes, is there any fix for that?

I have personally answered this question more than enough in this thread. My answer is several pages back in this thread on how to fix the issue if you're running Vista.

^ never had a problem with 8cars crashing on XP, that is what I run it on also. I use versions 1.21 and 1.32. Do you have the dll file(s) that came with 8cars on your desktop? It (they) need to be for it function properly. If you deleted them you need to get them back. Go to page 13 in this topic and re-download 8cars. Keep the trainer and it's dll together on your desktop. DO NOT put them in a folder and it should work fine.

If it still doesn't work try going to properties and then compatibility, try ME or 2000 or 98, 95 and see it will run for you that way.

Good luck and I hope it starts working for you.

EDIT - Double checked what I run my trainers on. It is not XP it is Windows 95. I run everything RCT in 95.

DO NOT put them in a folder and it should work fine.

Not true. As long as the .dll files are grouped with their particular trainer, it will work fine. I keep my trainers all in separate folders (1.22, 1.302, 1.32) with their .dll files in each one.

Compatibility and display settings are most likely what's messing up the trainer.

Ok, I'm confused here!

I run a Vista 64 bits computer and I run RCT2 in XP compatibility mode. I downloaded the various 8 cars trainer and it works fine until I try to modify the cars of a coaster.

Like, for example, if I use any version except version 1.21, when I select a ride on the trainer, it will not put up the car types, which lead to the game crashing. On 1.21, it pulls up the car types, allow me to edit, but as soon as I try to test or open the ride, it goes back to the default train length and type. I make sure the stations are long enough too.

Anyone got any idea how to fix that or I'm just stuck?

Thanks.

Have you tried adjusting what version of windows your trainers are using? Just checked mine, I posted a page back or so that I was running everything in XP. I was wrong, I use 95 for RCT2 and 8cars. Works great. In fact I am using 95 for all RCT games (1&2) and utilities for both.

As for train length, no one has ever created a patch to allow the length of trains to function to work in 8cars or SOB trainers.

• 2 weeks later...

To resolve the screenshot issue for Windows 7 is the same as for Vista as I explained on page 16.

in the RCT2 folder, press the "compatibility files" button near the top of the window to show the screenshot files.

I really hope this is the last time I have to answer this question.